Whats going on here. Is this an issue, or not.

• Thread starter Frankster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Alright, this plant (bubba kush I believe) is about 6 week into flower. I usually get these "specks" on the leaves around this time. Is this normal? or is it some sort of deficiency that's I'm not addressing here. It doesn't "rub" off the leaf, so it's not a fungus or dust, as it might look, and it progresses at the plant matures to harvest.

I've tried cal mag, but doesn't seem to eliminate it. I've been doing lot's of preventive things lately, like spraying with Pure Castile Peppermint soap, to prevent mold or mites. I also usually use azamax before flowering a few times.

My grows are mostly organic, fish and kelp based fertilizers during veg, switch to bat guano for flowering. I also do doses of cal-mag and use a bit of potassium nitrate throughout the growing process (except at the very end). I also supplement with a bit of Fox Farms "open sesame", "beasty boys' and "cha ching" during flowering, and a bit of AN "overdrive" at the end.

Currently, I'm using mostly a mix of "open sesame" and "beasty boys' right now, with bat guano, and occasional cal-mag (usually once weekly).

Any suggestions, comments? Thanks!

Whats going on here is this an issue or not
Whats going on here is this an issue or not 2
Whats going on here is this an issue or not 3
  • Wow
Reactions: Ina
Anthem

Anthem

Alright, this plant (bubba kush I believe) is about 6 week into flower. I usually get these "specks" on the leaves around this time. Is this normal? or is it some sort of deficiency that's I'm not addressing here. It doesn't "rub" off the leaf, so it's not a fungus or dust, as it might look, and it progresses at the plant matures to harvest.

I've tried cal mag, but doesn't seem to eliminate it. I've been doing lot's of preventive things lately, like spraying with Pure Castile Peppermint soap, to prevent mold or mites. I also usually use azamax before flowering a few times.

My grows are mostly organic, fish and kelp based fertilizers during veg, switch to bat guano for flowering. I also do doses of cal-mag and use a bit of potassium nitrate throughout the growing process (except at the very end). I also supplement with a bit of Fox Farms "open sesame", "beasty boys' and "cha ching" during flowering, and a bit of AN "overdrive" at the end.

Currently, I'm using mostly a mix of "open sesame" and "beasty boys' right now, with bat guano, and occasional cal-mag (usually once weekly).

Any suggestions, comments? Thanks!
If you take a close look at the second picture on the right side you will see webs between the leaves of the plant. These appear to be spider mites, they are difficult to eliminate and with the place you are at in flower there is not a lot I would recommend. You can try some of the OMRI rated stuff or there is a thread on this site about a habanero pepper formula you can try. Spider mites are difficult to eliminate. Be sure to clean the whole grow room when you are done. They can get into the walls and lay eggs and come back the next grow so you really have to do a lot to eliminate them once you have them. Good Luck

Ryboburton

Ryboburton

If you take a close look at the second picture on the right side you will see webs between the leaves of the plant. These appear to be spider mites, they are difficult to eliminate and with the place you are at in flower there is not a lot I would recommend. You can try some of the OMRI rated stuff or there is a thread on this site about a habanero pepper formula you can try. Spider mites are difficult to eliminate. Be sure to clean the whole grow room when you are done. They can get into the walls and lay eggs and come back the next grow so you really have to do a lot to eliminate them once you have them. Good Luck
Agreed. Spider mites all day. I was lucky to catch them early in early early veg and bombed them. My entire space was cleaned with alcohol and now I’m a nazi about what I’m wearing do before or go near my plants Look at the under side of the leaves with a loupe so u can spot them next time

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Yea, I see them now, actually. Crap, I really thought I had this problem under control, obviously not. I don't know what else to do with the room, I bomb them extensively between harvest, go in with bleach and cleaning solutions, spray constantly. They only attack the ripening ones, as I've got 10 different plants in that room, and they only attack the ones in deep fruiting.

I guess, I need to start spritzing the plants all the time, so I can see them before they develop.

After going in, I found them on about 20 or 30 leaves, wiped the off, soaked in azamax. did a spray of all plants in the house.

How many days after I go with this azamax, can I stick in 1000 lady bugs, nematodes?

What's my best way forward people, help!

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
You need to use a white oil do some research I’ve shown you a echo oil take it from me I’ve had to deal with them I’m a horticulturist I’m not telling you crap best of luck OD.

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Agreed. Spider mites all day. I was lucky to catch them early in early early veg and bombed them. My entire space was cleaned with alcohol and now I’m a nazi about what I’m wearing do before or go near my plants Look at the under side of the leaves with a loupe so u can spot them next time

Yea, I'm actually not that worried about the buds, I can strip that off and use it for edibles, concentrate. Or as a last resort, dump it. I'm seeding everything in the room at the moment, and it's about a half dozen different strains of autos, and 3 or 4 photoperiods. Everything in the room is being feminized/crossed with my Bubba kush (feminized pollen). So, no worries, I just need to get them cleaned off, and back to reasonable health, until harvest.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Just hand rub them till harvest then stop them webbing .

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
Alright, all
Just hand rub them till harvest then stop them webbing .

Thanks, yea, I'll be doing daily inspections for now on. I've got a mister on the way (currently using sprayer), I've got AC also on the way (with dehumid), so I'll probably keep it cool, do the fan thing. (Got another big 20 inch MAXX fan in route), 32 oz of mighty wash, and that should get me started atleast. Plus I do a little gig with my cordless vaccume.

Thanks everyone, I'll keep this updated, to show how I'm doing, managing this issue (not my first rodeo with this probelm). Now at least, I've learned something I'll never forget, and that's what those little spots mean straight away.

After this harvest, I think I'll strip out those dampening panels I used for years, when I was still using double ended HPS (Now I use LED)., They are likely a place they are hiding (square foam panels on the walls), I was using them before, because of the massive ventilation. (so my neighbors wouldn't complain of the noise) I no longer use it, but simply open up the door and fan into the area now. I always spray them, but they probably are harboring eggs, or somehow related to the problem. (foam panels).

Overall a major bummer, but glad I've got a handle on the situation.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
I think I might just take out the two infected plant, and put them outside. (or something). I don't think it worth trying to manage this if it's going to put my autoflower seed stock at risk. (it already has), but maybe it would be better to isolate these, or remove them completely, I hate to trash 2 otherwise very healthy kush plants, those buds are so very good.

The other plants are only starting to flower, maybe 2 weeks in, so they appear completely unaffected. (or maybe I would create more risk by removal, turning on them instead?) What should I do...

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
+1 on that plan I do hope it goes well you said you doing a seeding with a male ?

Frankster

Frankster

Supporter
+1 on that plan I do hope it goes well you said you doing a seeding with a male ?

No, it's a feminized female plant.

I did some cleansing again tonight, this time with simple peppermint castile soap, will continue to rotate on a constant basis to keep them on the run. Thanks for the little tip about rubbing the back of leaves, I found a few spots on the plant in question, and one more that's a little more developed, but all the younger ones appear fine so far. Treating them all though... Even the one's in the next room actually.

I've also been using "tanglefoot" along all my bases, trunks, but obviously that's not foolproof, since they were able to get past it.

Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Supporter

Well, I hope I didn't do anything that damaged the pollination I did a few days back, I guess I'll hit them again, (with pollen) as I got plenty of it, and the little ones are just barely starting to flower anyhow. Maybe in a week or so.

Several thousand seeds of several different excellent autoflower strains is the primary objective here, and perhaps propagating another plants worth of this wonderful kush strain, and a few different photoperiod.

Here's from my last try, and I've already verified they are 100% autoflowers.

IMG 20200528 015218   Copy
Last edited:
Greenjourneyman

Greenjourneyman

I had the mite problem reall bad three grows ago. I tried a rotating spray regiment. using a small spray bottle, first bottle Plant therapy, second bottle Smite, And third bottle just soapy water. All three are non toxic. i know the plant therapy is specked to go straight on buds.
but priority is to have the grow, those little bastards will jump plants eventually.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
Well, I hope I didn't do anything that damaged the pollination I did a few days back, I guess I'll hit them again, (with pollen) as I got plenty of it, and the little ones are just barely starting to flower anyhow. Maybe in a week or so.

Several thousand seeds of several different excellent autoflower strains is the primary objective here, and perhaps propagating another plants worth of this wonderful kush strain, and a few different photoperiod.

Here's from my last try, and I've already verified they are 100% autoflowers.
Nice lucky gardener you are . Nice looking bud there to .

Latest posts

Top Bottom