Whats in your oldest jar?!?!?!

• Thread starter ogbluntdoc
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

I thought it would be an interesting topic to see what you have in your oldest jar. The longer the cure the better right? Well i'm curious, whats your longest cure time? How long have you had your prized jewels sitting on the shelf.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Well... my jar is a plastic bin, and I think it's Blockhead from the year before last.

frebo

frebo

I have two jars two years old. Grape Ape and Sour Sage. I got a grape ape clone last year but it WAS NOT AT ALL THE SAME. SOUR SAGE was a big producer(3 1/4 lb plant) but didn't seem that good at harvest but after being cured and in an evacuated jar for a few months it has an almost fruity sweet taste and smell.

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

2 years! nice, is there a noticeable difference from the first few months compared to now 2 years later.

soserthc1

soserthc1

Good topic as its hard to keep anything in jars around here for long but just cut down some outdoor really early and its kinda blah but gonna cure it for a long , long time ....

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

oldest bud i got is 28 months old, gdp, a couple ogs, pink grapefruit, dj's bb, some blue cheese and a buncha diff kushes and a haze, and a really old bud of "strawberry". it's all still very good smoke, but after the 18 month mark or so all buds begin to take on a certain spicey undertone, with that being said they all smoke so smooth it's like breathing air and the high is very nice

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I've got a nearly black nug of some Mendo Purps in the freezer. I think I harvested it just under 3 years ago. lol It would probably taste like shit and be even less stoney (if that's even possible) by now. I'll get around to chucking it in the trash one of these days.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

I for one don't have to look foward to fresh smoke cuz i got it constantly :p........the mendo purps.........HA. as the nug cures the cannabinoid profiles changes significantly.....i would suggest doing proper research before being so quick to turn to your fresh stoney bud lol

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
I for one don't have to look foward to fresh smoke cuz i got it constantly :p........the mendo purps.........HA. as the nug cures the cannabinoid profiles changes significantly.....i would suggest doing proper research before being so quick to turn to your fresh stoney bud lol

My research has made me come to the very quick and simple conclusion that the Mendo Purps is one of the weakest strains out there...right next to Blackberry. It tastes and looks amazing but in the end, it's wack. Cannabinoid profiles couldn't save it's life if it tried. 3 years in a mason jar in a freezer is definitely not proper long term storage either. lol

Blaze

Blaze

Looking forward to some fresh smoke here soon as well. I honestly do not understand how people can actually like bud cured for more than a year. Most strains start to deteriorate withing 3-6 months cure in my experience. Some 'hold' better than others and can still be good at 9-12 months but they are an exception. Nothing will benefit from more than a year cure, most strains don't benefit past a few months cure. Even sealed up air tight in a cool, dark climate controlled space the terpenes start to deteriorate and the smell and flavor fades. There have been quite a few times I have encountered people with 1-2 year cured buds who seem to think they are awesome. Every time I found myself going - "this is crap, why do they like it?"

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

if cured for long enough and properly the thc crystals will turn a dark red color.....this red color is brought on by very rare cannabinoids.....reading books can do alot for education......

ogbluntdoc

ogbluntdoc

i would suggest doing proper research before being so quick to turn to your fresh stoney bud lol

When i say i fresh i mean new. I know a proper cure is always needed. but once its been cured, it doesn't last long for me. I can never seem to hold on to any of my buds. Smoke to much!!!

Are there any better ways to store for long term storage besides air sealed jars

delae632

delae632

IG @delae_632
Supporter
Looking forward to some fresh smoke here soon as well. I honestly do not understand how people can actually like bud cured for more than a year. Most strains start to deteriorate withing 3-6 months cure in my experience. Some 'hold' better than others and can still be good at 9-12 months but they are an exception. Nothing will benefit from more than a year cure, most strains don't benefit past a few months cure. Even sealed up air tight in a cool, dark climate controlled space the terpenes start to deteriorate and the smell and flavor fades. There have been quite a few times I have encountered people with 1-2 year cured buds who seem to think they are awesome. Every time I found myself going - "this is crap, why do they like it?"

I totally agree. IME it starts going south at around 6-8 months. That very distinct rotten fruit, stale smell/taste starts kicking in, it lightens up in color a bit in and that's all she wrote.:dead: At least this is what I experience with mason jar storage in a dark closet. OG's always seem to fend off the stale smell, taste and appearance a few months longer than other strains.

Ohiofarmer

Ohiofarmer

recommended is 68 to 72% to maintain freshness; i have found red trichs won't form inless humid drops below too 65-68% the trichs still go red but it seems to take longer; ancient egyptian texts talk of 67% being optimal to bring out the "third eye of the cannabis plant" ........real interesting reads. anyways i use 67% for all these reasons, but i've also cured very long in jars and have to say that the trichs still turn red in the jars but the bud losses almost all it's smell(very faint smell that's very pungent) and alot of it's flavor, also the stoneyness and the soaring high of either kinds of strains is diminished completly and changes to a more.....mental high...where as the humidor maintains more flavor and smell upon breaking. the buds however after 24 months always smell like spices....almost like curry in a way

Top Bottom