What's Missing Pt2 Update..

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

So it's been 2 days since I fed them and it was nice to see them finally perk up. It was definitely a lack of food..

But 2 days later, the color worsened a bit with a few more fan leaves taking a hit.

Today I decided to turn off 4 light bars and 2 hours later, you can tell the color of all my plants has darkened a bit.

I assume my problem might have been 2 fold. A lack of food and these SpyderXPlus lights.

I'm not using a dimmer and they might be too bright.. its bleaching my shit.. not sure. Well see how they look 2mr.. you can see the difference already and it's only been a couple of hours since I lessened the light load.
Whats missing pt2 update 3
Whats missing pt2 update 4
Whats missing pt2 update
Whats missing pt2 update 2

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah it’s easy to burn your shit up with high efficiency led lights. Learned that the hard way. You did the right thing. See how they are tomorrow.

P

PassTheJ

Yeah it’s easy to burn your shit up with high efficiency led lights. Learned that the hard way. You did the right thing. See how they are tomorrow.

I bleached my last load. I know. But it was a tent grow. This time the lights are 2 ft higher with way more of a spread. Thought that would be enough.

Guess not..

Jack og

Jack og

Supporter
Add silica to your regiment to harden the plants a bit . Leaves show heavy stressing, what’s the conditions on nutes bro? Any drastic changes? Any bugs? White flies?

P

PassTheJ

Add silica to your regiment to harden the plants a bit . Leaves show heavy stressing, what’s the conditions on nutes bro? Any drastic changes? Any bugs? White flies?

Nah.. no bugs.. nutes full regimen @75% recommend dose once a week with a 25% at last feeding of week.. Silica at 1ml per gl..

Everything is perfect. These lights are the only change I've had since last year and I'm still figuring them out.

They kept getting lighter in color and I knew it was either nutes or lights.

I'll see how they look in a couple of hours. If they darkened then it was the lights..

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Might take a couple days to notice any difference. If you notice them taking a turn for the better then it’s a pretty good bet you hit the nail on the head.

P

PassTheJ

Might take a couple days to notice any difference. If you notice them taking a turn for the better then it’s a pretty good bet you hit the nail on the head.

Well that's the thing.. I fed them a heavy dose because my soil was practically depleted and the plants wouldnt perk up for almost a week and the color had gradually turned lighter..

After the feeding, the plants perked up and 2 days later, still perky.. But the color didnt change and even became a bit lighter..

That's when I figured it could be the lights and I had turned off 6 bars.. Today they look slightly greener. Might take a few days to get that back 2 color but I'm going with the lights. Otherwise I'd be really hard pressed on the issue.

Even checked my soil an inch deep with a 30x. Clean as a fiddle.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Yeah light burn is hard to diagnose. It can be mistaken for nute lockout, pests and whatever else. But if it’s the only change then it’s pretty easy to figure out. That just happened to me as well.

I had my rack crankin and all in the sudden things took a dive. I checked all the usual suspects and then realized it was my change in lights.

They went from very dim T-5s to intense 200w LEDs in my veg chamber. I switched back to my t-5s and they perked back up.

So I installed a dimmer on the leds and turned them down to about 80w and they still seem happy. So it was a hard lesson to learn and set me back about a week but we’re back on track now so all is well.

P

PassTheJ

Yeah light burn is hard to diagnose. It can be mistaken for nute lockout, pests and whatever else. But if it’s the only change then it’s pretty easy to figure out. That just happened to me as well.

I had my rack crankin and all in the sudden things took a dive. I checked all the usual suspects and then realized it was my change in lights.

They went from very dim T-5s to intense 200w LEDs in my veg chamber. I switched back to my t-5s and they perked back up.

So I installed a dimmer on the leds and turned them down to about 80w and they still seem happy. So it was a hard lesson to learn and set me back about a week but we’re back on track now so all is well.

It was the lights. 24 hours since I've turned off 6 bars, the plants have all darkened. Not by much but enough to see it. Its day 15 of flower so I'm happy things are back to normal. At a certain point, you cant fix things any longer..

The leaves that suffered from a lack of nitro have all fallen off now and nothing else seems to be off. I had 2 problems and both are corrected..

I need a dimmer. Fluence makes these amazing lights but their dimmers are super simple. I wish they would make smart dimmers that control sunrises and sunsets..

20181119 091807
JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
It was the lights. 24 hours since I've turned off 6 bars, the plants have all darkened. Not by much but enough to see it. Its day 15 of flower so I'm happy things are back to normal. At a certain point, you cant fix things any longer..

The leaves that suffered from a lack of nitro have all fallen off now and nothing else seems to be off. I had 2 problems and both are corrected..

I need a dimmer. Fluence makes these amazing lights but their dimmers are super simple. I wish they would make smart dimmers that control sunrises and sunsets..

It really wouldn’t be too hard to create your own smart dimmer using an arduino. It would simply be a matter of changing resistance in intervals over a period of time (last two hours). I am doing something sort of similar in that the last three hours of light I activate a smart switch that turns on my far red led board. Once the lights go off it keeps going for another 15 minutes and then turns off. It’s to simulate the Emerson effect and was super simple to setup. A small 4 far red led board will supply light for a 3x3 area and is available on amazon for about $37. The smart outlet switches were on sale for $11 for two. I control my flowering lights and far red lights with them.

Just download the govee app from the App Store. Open it up and click the discounts tab. It will copy and paste an amazon discount code to your clipboard and then just click the image to be redirected to the product page on amazon. Add it to your cart and when checking out apply the coupon code before submitting the order. It’ll save you about $8 off the set. It only works one time (so buy as many as you want the first time you use it) but it’s a rock solid smart outlet at a damn good price. They also have discount codes for their WiFi hygrometer that brings them from $79/ea to $53/ea. I bought two of them.

My only regret is I didn’t buy two sets of smart outlets when I had the chance. Guess I could use the wife’s amazon account if I wanted to. Ahh well.

Top Bottom