What's Missing?

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

I just checked top soil and soil a quarter inch deep and nothing crawling thankfully. I make the soil myself from ocean and peet moss and when I make it, it's done inside from freshly opened packages. So it's something I never had an issue with and hopfully never will.

I suggest a complete fertilizer with calcium and micro nutes watered to a good runoff. If the runoff is reasonably clear and not dark yellow brown or smelly the pot should be “reset” and the plants should uptake right away.

Once we see a deficiency it has already happened. Usually at least a week in advance of our starting to handle it.

But we grow flowers round here and a few damaged leaves on those vigorous plants won’t hurt anything.

How many times have you fed the 25%. We can only advise on info provided. If you think they are hungry feed a little more of you think they are over fed or fed enough water only.

I only water/feed when pots are very dry. Alarmingly dry to many growers. Overwatering even without leaf stress can also cause problems.

I've feed it only twice at 25% in 11 days. I used to feed them at 75% every feed 3 times a week but always ran into problems.

I'll wait for soil to dry and just give it a full dose as recommended. See if that helps..

Seraphine

Seraphine

Always check the soil. Pull a sample that is at least 4” into the soil. Use a scope with at least 30x magnifacation.

Also, I use GH flora trio and you really should follow the recommended application. They only need fed once per week. Give water only in between . They look under fed. IMO your pH could be too low. Try raising it to 6.5.

P

PassTheJ

Always check the soil. Pull a sample that is at least 4” into the soil. Use a scope with at least 30x magnifacation.

Also, I use GH flora trio and you really should follow the recommended application. They look under fed. IMO your pH could be too low. Try raising it to 6.5.

Really? I've used GH at recommended dose many times over and it always gave over nutes by week 5. That's why I'm doing it the other way. Probably too extreme this time.

I'll be adding a full dose of recommend just to see if the plants get better. If they do, then I'll have a new benchmark.. my ph is usually around 5.8.. I've raised it to 6.2 this run. I'll do 6.5 next feed. See how it does.

Seraphine

Seraphine

Really? I've used GH at recommended dose many times over and it always gave over nutes by week 5. That's why I'm doing it the other way. Probably too extreme this time.

I'll be adding a full dose of recommend just to see if the plants get better. If they do, then I'll have a new benchmark..

I guess it depends on the strain. Some strains are hardier than others. I would say 25% is too low. If your worried about burn, then try 50% of the recommended strength at 6.5 pH

P

PassTheJ

I guess it depends on the strain. Some strains are hardier than others. I would say 25% is too low. If your worried about burn, then try 50% of the recommended strength at 6.5 pH

Definitely. This run was very experimental. Very minimalist. I dknt care about burn as much as over nuting late stage.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I just checked top soil and soil a quarter inch deep and nothing crawling thankfully. I make the soil myself from ocean and peet moss and when I make it, it's done inside from freshly opened packages. So it's something I never had an issue with and hopfully never will.

I've feed it only twice at 25% in 11 days. I used to feed them at 75% every feed 3 times a week but always ran into problems.

I'll wait for soil to dry and just give it a full dose as recommended. See if that helps..

I didn’t recommend a full dose. I suggested to step up a little at a time.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
CB04E87E 7826 410A A663 47440417C1E7

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Yes I believe they can come with soil absolutely. Cleanliness!! I can't stress that one enough also nematodes are a great preventative option. If you every get new clones always isolate them and treat them before you bring them around the rest of your plants.

New2dagame

New2dagame

I'll double up on the nitrogen next feed. My run off is about 10% and I do feed drain back in during stretch. My problem is that I havnt seen much as an improvement since I gave it food. Maybe it's just not enough. I totally depleted my soil. 5 weeks @ 3gl pots without any feed. They did great. Then I fed them and switched to 1212.

I dont want to over feed them either. Maybe I should just give them nitrogen next time around? I'm sure the soil has enough potash and potassium since veggies dont use them and its only day 11.
Had issue that looked similar. Was nitrogen issue . Good luck !

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Growing with a good dry cycle between waterings is key to preventing and eliminating soil pests. Also not crowding plants. Have good air circulation too.

P

PassTheJ

Liquid bone marrow - shits locked
Liquid bone marrow. Huh.. That Hercules stuff. Might check it out next time I'm at my hydro store.

Growing with a good dry cycle between waterings is key to preventing and eliminating soil pests. Also not crowding plants. Have good air circulation too.
Yea. I agree. I wait until my plants look half dead before watering. The roots only stretch when it seeks. Dont worry. I'm not going to over due it with the nitro.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Liquid bone marrow. Huh.. That Hercules stuff. Might check it out next time I'm at my hydro store.

Yea. I agree. I wait until my plants look half dead before watering. The roots only stretch when it seeks. Dont worry. I'm not going to over due it with the nitro.

I hope you’re exaggerating with “half dead”. Lol

I don’t let them wilt. Although I have before to see how far I could take them. And to see how they recover. Maybe a bit of droop on lower leaves is ok and like I said a very light pot. Close to when it only had dry soil in it before Planting. Like 25% moisture left.

3 balls

3 balls

I suggest a complete fertilizer with calcium and micro nutes watered to a good runoff. If the runoff is reasonably clear and not dark yellow brown or smelly the pot should be “reset” and the plants should uptake right away.

Once we see a deficiency it has already happened. Usually at least a week in advance of our starting to handle it.

But we grow flowers round here and a few damaged leaves on those vigorous plants won’t hurt anything.

How many times have you fed the 25%. We can only advise on info provided. If you think they are hungry feed a little more of you think they are over fed or fed enough water only.

I only water/feed when pots are very dry. Alarmingly dry to many growers. Overwatering even without leaf stress can also cause problems.
I strongly agree with water/feed as necessary. I see a lot of people that cant stop watering. Remember, that before us humans were around, mother nature would sometimes go 2-3 days without turning on the rain and somehow they still made it.

Top Bottom