What's Missing?

• Thread starter PassTheJ
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
P

PassTheJ

Day 11 flower since switch. Soil had been depleted right around switch. Had given them the usual multinutrient stuff but they continue to fade light slowly and mostly bottom fans.

I'm only providing 25% of what my guide recommends. Maybe not enough? Trying to be minimalist and running into problems.

Also, my temp is running cooler this time around. Avg 74-76 daily and 67 nightly.

Maybe too cold for the day? Is it a temp issue?

Whats missing
Whats missing 2
Whats missing 3
Whats missing 4
Whats missing 5
Whats missing 6
P

PassTheJ

Ph 6-6.2
Temps around 76 day 67 night
Nutes I use basic general hydroponics drain 2 wash guide @ 25%. Always used this guide at 75% and ran into over nuteing..

I fed them yesterday. Soil is still damp yet they're sluggish and color keeps getting lighter on top.

I dont get it. The bottom fans started losing color before the switch. That's how I knew the soil was empty. Thought they'd get better with feed but it hasnt..

P

PassTheJ

I’m thinking nitrogen or iron I’m leaning more towards nitrogen.

I've given them nitrogen. I'm thinking if it is a nitrogen issue, the plant might not be absorbing nitrogen like it was during vegging and because I didnt resolve this issue prior to switch, now my plants have a nitro deficiency and the plant cant fix it. Next feed I'll add more nitro and see.

But at this rate, my plants will be cooked by week 4. So I need to fix this asap.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Look hungry. Good to start at 25% but then step up the concentration a little each time until the plant tells you it’s enough. Then after peak bloom taper back down the same way.

As an average I get to about 66% of most nutes directions by week 5 of 12/12. Under 600w hps lighting.

Also when fertilizing its good to water to 15-20% runoff to help clear out excess elements and waste.

On the way up in strength I let them drink the runoff a while before removing. When tapering down during ripening I remove runoff promptly to help reduce ppm in soil.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I wanted to add. If you will increase feeding to say 33% then next time 50% and so on it helps to pour a couple cups of fresh water in first to help wet the roots. Protects them from burns from harsh fertilizer.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

I was going to saw they are hungry which they are, but you really need to look into Root Aphids place some yellow sticky traps out to see if you have an flyers and see if you can see anything crawling around in the soil. I really think this is a Root Aphid infestation starting. Happy Growing

P

PassTheJ

Look hungry. Good to start at 25% but then step up the concentration a little each time until the plant tells you it’s enough. Then after peak bloom taper back down the same way.

As an average I get to about 66% of most nutes directions by week 5 of 12/12. Under 600w hps lighting.

Also when fertilizing its good to water to 15-20% runoff to help clear out excess elements and waste.

On the way up in strength I let them drink the runoff a while before removing. When tapering down during ripening I remove runoff promptly to help reduce ppm in soil.

I'll double up on the nitrogen next feed. My run off is about 10% and I do feed drain back in during stretch. My problem is that I havnt seen much as an improvement since I gave it food. Maybe it's just not enough. I totally depleted my soil. 5 weeks @ 3gl pots without any feed. They did great. Then I fed them and switched to 1212.

I dont want to over feed them either. Maybe I should just give them nitrogen next time around? I'm sure the soil has enough potash and potassium since veggies dont use them and its only day 11.

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
I was going to saw they are hungry which they are, but you really need to look into Root Aphids place some yellow sticky traps out to see if you have an flyers and see if you can see anything crawling around in the soil. I really think this is a Root Aphid infestation starting. Happy Growing

P

PassTheJ

You dont finish with HAPPY GROWING after telling me my shit might be infested. Hahahaha..

I don't known. I'll check but I look pretty carefully at my soil daily and havnt seen anything move..

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
You dont finish with HAPPY GROWING after telling me my shit might be infested. Hahahaha..

I don't known. I'll check but I look pretty carefully at my soil daily and havnt seen anything move..
There sneaky basterds. I was in week 7 of flower feeding my plants, I look down at the floor the hole floor was moving. It was a mass hatching thousands and thousands. Worst experience I ever had. I had no clue. It happened so fast it was unbelievable.

P

PassTheJ

Also, all my plants have this discoloring issue. If it was some sort of infestation, it wouldnt infect all of them at the same time. It would start with 1 and slowly move plant 2 plant. The symptoms all happened at the same time for all the plants. It's a feeding issue most likely. I do everything by the digit so I totally expect conformity when I'm not properly feeding and conformity I have.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I'll double up on the nitrogen next feed. My run off is about 10% and I do feed drain back in during stretch. My problem is that I havnt seen much as an improvement since I gave it food. Maybe it's just not enough. I totally depleted my soil. 5 weeks @ 3gl pots without any feed. They did great. Then I fed them and switched to 1212.

I dont want to over feed them either. Maybe I should just give them nitrogen next time around? I'm sure the soil has enough potash and potassium since veggies dont use them and its only day 11.

I suggest a complete fertilizer with calcium and micro nutes watered to a good runoff. If the runoff is reasonably clear and not dark yellow brown or smelly the pot should be “reset” and the plants should uptake right away.

Once we see a deficiency it has already happened. Usually at least a week in advance of our starting to handle it.

But we grow flowers round here and a few damaged leaves on those vigorous plants won’t hurt anything.

How many times have you fed the 25%. We can only advise on info provided. If you think they are hungry feed a little more of you think they are over fed or fed enough water only.

I only water/feed when pots are very dry. Alarmingly dry to many growers. Overwatering even without leaf stress can also cause problems.

CaliRooted

CaliRooted

Each plant is different so some may look healthier for a while even sitting next to a plant that looks bad. Eventually it will look bad to. If everything checks out then great just need to feed more.

Top Bottom