What's more important when venting? Timing? Temp/Humidity?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

During veg I have trouble getting humidity above 50% with my humidifier cranked. I'm in a 5x5x7 with a 4" intake and 6" exhaust running 24/7. I was thinking of getting the fans on a short interval timer (2 minutes off, 2 minutes on), or getting a humidity/temp sensor that would control the fans. What's the better route?

Growgod420

Growgod420

The 24/7 of intake and exhaust fans are gonna kill any humidity in the tent I always recommend the ac infinity 6" exhaust fan with controller!! My ac infinity 6" with controller keeps my humidity at 60-70% range. It turns the fans on when temps or humidity hit my programmed max. Also I don't use a humidifier

PXL 20210203 044631427
PXL 20210128 022751638
PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Controllers or having the fan on a timer both work well depending on how fast the environment changes while the fan is off.

I had mine on a controller but since the environment took too long to hit my paramters, I ended up having too much stale air in the tent for too long at a time (+20min). So I used a timer with some trial and error to see what intervals kept me in the ranges I wanted while also having consistent fresh air and not have any equipment turn on for the most part. (im assuming you're not injecting co2)

Eventually when the plants are in full swing you'll probably go back to having it be on 24/7 since it'll get humid in there with bigger plants.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Controllers or having the fan on a timer both work well depending on how fast the environment changes while the fan is off.

I had mine on a controller but since the environment took too long to hit my paramters, I ended up having too much stale air in the tent for too long at a time (+20min). So I used a timer with some trial and error to see what intervals kept me in the ranges I wanted while also having consistent fresh air and not have any equipment turn on for the most part. (im assuming you're not injecting co2)

Eventually when the plants are in full swing you'll probably go back to having it be on 24/7 since it'll get humid in there with bigger plants.
Yeah my main concern with the humidity controller is I worry the air might get stale at some points. I guess my two options are 1. Try the humidity controller and see how often it's running the fans. I can always return it. 2. Put a controller on my intake and turn it down, keeping it always on and put a short interval timer on the exhaust, to run it every two minutes or so. I'm leaning towards choice one now that I'm writing it out. šŸ˜

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Yea sounds like you have it pretty thought out. It's just trial and error to see what keeps it the most stable throughout the day. Also make sure things don't spike when the lights turn off, mainly humidity.

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Mr.GreenthumbOG

Grow for lifešŸŒ±
Supporter
I use the ink bird. It keeps temps and humidity dialled in.
also, agree on steam type. Especially in cooler environments.
Mr.G

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Right now I use a bathroom fan I boxed up for exhaust and just a hole for intake (covered and filtered ) with a looping minute timer. $20 Amazon.. I run it 1 min on 10 min off it keeps the room with 7- 4ft T/5 fluorescent lights at around 80f and humidity at 60 -65 % I have a small misting humidifier that I can adjust the flow to keep the H in check. If when I check it daily the numbers are off I just adjust the Humidifier to give me more or less....its on 24/7 right now I don't always need it.

Top Bottom