Whats That One Item Your Room Needs That You Haven’t Gotten Around To Getting

• Thread starter Hands On
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Additional side lighting, probably LED. Currently using MH/HPS but need a little extra at the ends of the room to fill in the less luminous areas.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

Maybe more genetics but really that’s it.

I built my grow rack to be the ultimate grow space and I’ve done just that.

Perfect led lights (quantum boards), in-line ventilation with carbon scrubber, oxy cloner, wall mount fans, smart outlet timers, wifi hygrometers in each flower and veg section, far red led lights controlled to go off 15 minutes after the quantum boards go off and the complete line of Primordial Solutions & Biobizz nutrients and admendments.

I honestly can’t think of one thing I’d change or add. It’s just time to grow.
How do the quantum boards compare to a straight ups in the yield and electricity department?

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
How do the quantum boards compare to a straight ups in the yield and electricity department?

In terms of efficiency it’s off the charts. The main issue now is keeping the temps high enough for the plants to transpire. In the yield dept imo it’s neck and neck. Frost coverage is about the same as well. The biggest difference imo is efficiency and heat output due to its efficiency.

If you ran HID in the rack with the cover on, heat would be more of an issue, however I do think HID penetrates a little deeper as well. But on bud sites that get plenty of exposure I can’t see any real difference.

The buds under led might be a little frostier. Buts it’s half dozen in one hand and 6 in the other.

Potency I’m not sure about to be perfectly honest but I do know several pros who use quantum boards that absolutely love them. Which is why I made the switch from burples to those.

I do have a rack running burples and for the money they aren’t bad. A little more heat to worry about and not the best spectrum but very reasonable results for the money. And to be honest a few more bucks and you can quantum’s. But most new growers just don’t want the hassle of wiring up their own fixture. They’d rather hang, plug and play. But for the cost of two decent burples you’re right in the same ball park of a nice quantum board setup that uses 1/3 of the watts from the wall and delivers a great amount of ideal spectrum to the plants.

All in all I’m very happy with the upgrade. Now if I can just get my brother who’s running burples to make the switch. Once he compares results I’m sure that’ll be much easier to do.

DETtoPDX

DETtoPDX

I’ve been on the lookout for a UV light to add to my Timber Grow Lights Redwood Vero27 LED rig. Anyone know of any good supplemental uv lights aside from lizard lamps?

B

Burned Haze

I would say for me a safe and functional mounted propane heater with a propane that’s outside

Man that would lower my power bill and make me smile :)

Freshone

Freshone

Sweet jesus murphy those look like they’re slim enough to mount right onto my Timber rig

They are and i know a few manufacturers are looking to do just that,Even HLG is a distributor they just havent got them up on their site yet.

DetGrnThumb

DetGrnThumb

I need about a dozen of these
CAF45 Ventilator 230Volt Holland Heater

And at least 6-8 of these
402550 1

UncleRomulus

UncleRomulus

I’m hate to admit this.. but we are all friend here right? if I ask my buddy to come blaze and “oh could you bring your ph pen” one more time I’m concerned he will strangle me. I’ve got 7-8 rounds under my belt and still haven’t bought a damn ph pen. Maybe Santa (my credit card) will get his shit together this year.

Mr Bee

Mr Bee

In terms of efficiency it’s off the charts. The main issue now is keeping the temps high enough for the plants to transpire. In the yield dept imo it’s neck and neck. Frost coverage is about the same as well. The biggest difference imo is efficiency and heat output due to its efficiency.

If you ran HID in the rack with the cover on, heat would be more of an issue, however I do think HID penetrates a little deeper as well. But on bud sites that get plenty of exposure I can’t see any real difference.

The buds under led might be a little frostier. Buts it’s half dozen in one hand and 6 in the other.

Potency I’m not sure about to be perfectly honest but I do know several pros who use quantum boards that absolutely love them. Which is why I made the switch from burples to those.

I do have a rack running burples and for the money they aren’t bad. A little more heat to worry about and not the best spectrum but very reasonable results for the money. And to be honest a few more bucks and you can quantum’s. But most new growers just don’t want the hassle of wiring up their own fixture. They’d rather hang, plug and play. But for the cost of two decent burples you’re right in the same ball park of a nice quantum board setup that uses 1/3 of the watts from the wall and delivers a great amount of ideal spectrum to the plants.

All in all I’m very happy with the upgrade. Now if I can just get my brother who’s running burples to make the switch. Once he compares results I’m sure that’ll be much easier to do.
Hmm very interesting.my bro who only just started back up after 7/8 year absence and who has never ran led is claiming that there's led that hive DOUBLE the yields as led in the same amount of space.i remain unconvinced of double.at first I just though he meant the elecys half but nope.double in the same space.not sure what led he means right enough but still,if never heard of anyone making such claims on any forum I,v been on.

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
Hmm very interesting.my bro who only just started back up after 7/8 year absence and who has never ran led is claiming that there's led that hive DOUBLE the yields as led in the same amount of space.i remain unconvinced of double.at first I just though he meant the elecys half but nope.double in the same space.not sure what led he means right enough but still,if never heard of anyone making such claims on any forum I,v been on.

Yeah I’d be skeptical of that for sure.

I mean I could see some increase but double is hard to swallow.

I would say watt for watt sure a great led light could double what a traditional HID would do with the same energy draw from the wall.

I’m seeing similar (or slightly better) results with less than 1/2 the wattage of my old HPS/MH lights with almost no heat. So you can turn down the ventilation system some as moving out hot air isn’t a big concern.

Latest posts

Top Bottom