Whats the best combo of sugars

• Thread starter Godfthrfarm
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Godfthrfarm

Ok guys I'm hoping to make these girls sticky icky so I'm inlisting help from the old time growers on best sugars or nutrients I can use to make them as sticky as possible I got them to grow nice n fat but am concerned I might need more then molasses 2 make them sparkle what ya guys got for me???

Whats the best combo of sugars

909johnhenry

Ok guys I'm hoping to make these girls sticky icky so I'm inlisting help from the old time growers on best sugars or nutrients I can use to make them as sticky as possible I got them to grow nice n fat but am concerned I might need more then molasses 2 make them sparkle what ya guys got for me???
plants produce sugars on their own

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Molasses won't make your plants sticky. The addition of molasses is for the benefit of soil organisms only and doesn't directly feed the plants. Your biggest contributor to getting sticky-icky buds is genetics, typically Indica strains. Plenty of light and available nutrients are needed for a healthy plant, and a healthy plant produces better buds. There are some bloom boosters that might help, but I'm not a fan of using them and don't have much experience with them. Overall good health is the #1 requirement, in my opinion, to allow the plant to do the best it can. Triacontanol can help plump up your buds, but that is getting into PGRs and stuff, which Is a whole different ballgame.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
The addition of molasses is for the benefit of soil organisms only and doesn't directly feed the plants.

Molasses actually has Mg and K in it along with a bunch of micros. Why it's used as a "bloom booster"

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Molasses actually has Mg and K in it along with a bunch of micros. Why it's used as a "bloom booster"
I always thought it was part of the "Living Soil" concept and the molasses benefitted the soil's flora, which in turn help to make nutrients available to plants, mimicking the natural soil conditions found in healthy soils. Nitrogen fixing bacteria also benefit, I thought. I didn't realize it was just for the Mg and K. Would this work for soilless and hydro grows, since molasses is water soluble?

RippedTorn

RippedTorn

Glitter is cheap.

If you're brewing with cane sugar (for whatever reason) go with Rapunzel. Grandma's is fake garbage, sucanat too. Had tons of problems about a decade ago, turns out nearly everything in the United states is fake. Canna growers have been using fake sucanat for a decade.

Molasses does a lot of things at harvest. One thing it doesnt do is break the laws of physics. You ain't doubling tricrombs in 6 hours or whatever people say. Feeding da microbes.. Which ones and why such a shitty diet?

909johnhenry

Glitter is cheap.

If you're brewing with cane sugar (for whatever reason) go with Rapunzel. Grandma's is fake garbage, sucanat too. Had tons of problems about a decade ago, turns out nearly everything in the United states is fake. Canna growers have been using fake sucanat for a decade.

Molasses does a lot of things at harvest. One thing it doesn't do is break the laws of physics. You ain't doubling tricrombs in 6 hours or whatever people say. Feeding da microbes.. Which ones and why such a shitty diet?
when farmers didn't have the money to buy calcium nitrate they used molasses or sugarcane when the micro organisms broke the molasses down it released calcium nitrate as its primary source. Why people want to go backwards in time always baffles me. Using such products indoors also increase mold and fungus problems.

cemchris

cemchris

Supporter
I always thought it was part of the "Living Soil" concept and the molasses benefitted the soil's flora, which in turn help to make nutrients available to plants, mimicking the natural soil conditions found in healthy soils. Nitrogen fixing bacteria also benefit, I thought. I didn't realize it was just for the Mg and K. Would this work for soilless and hydro grows, since molasses is water soluble?

The sugar def feeds the microbes in the soil but the boost you get isn't from that. It's from all the macros and micros in it. It's strait up nutrients. Why it works so good. If it was just for the bennies you would see the same type of benefit from something like plant success (which you dont by itself). Im still a firm believer in using epsom salt vs molasses if you are in soil-less since the sulfur will help big time.

Yeah it works for hydro but usually people use something like sweet or flora nectar since its more refined and more ph stable in a rez. All of that stuff is pretty much just broken down molasses.

Why molasses is such a good choice in soil. You get the benefit from the nutes in it along with the sugar to feed the microbes. As a sterile grower i skip it since i can get the same benefit from other things and have no worries about the micro heard.

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Isn't this the same thread?
Whats the best sugars to make it frosty

G

Godfthrfarm

Isn't this the same thread?
Whats the best sugars to make it frosty

Yes and I don't no how 2 delta the 2nd thread..lol I'm a chick who just started on this site ..sry for a repeat...how do I delete it??

G

Godfthrfarm

The sugar def feeds the microbes in the soil but the boost you get isn't from that. It's from all the macros and micros in it. It's strait up nutrients. Why it works so good. If it was just for the bennies you would see the same type of benefit from something like plant success (which you dont by itself). Im still a firm believer in using epsom salt vs molasses if you are in soil-less since the sulfur will help big time.

Yeah it works for hydro but usually people use something like sweet or flora nectar since its more refined and more ph stable in a rez. All of that stuff is pretty much just broken down molasses.

Why molasses is such a good choice in soil. You get the benefit from the nutes in it along with the sugar to feed the microbes. As a sterile grower i skip it since i can get the same benefit from other things and have no worries about the micro heard.
Thanks yeah I do use other stuff for bloom and some secret stuff but was hoping the old time growers would share a secret or 2 I been using a product called grow Moore bloom and my all time favorite molasses I'm a outdoor kinda chick..lol yes I'm a girl guyz so I think as a female grower I'm a lil more obsessed. About needing things to be perfect..lol

Top Bottom