what's the best economical co2 setup?

• Thread starter innercityphunk
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
I

innercityphunk

what's up fellow farmers,

I want to start running co2 in my 415 cu ft. room.

what setup would u recommend. I own a 20 lb co2 tank and I have a ng line right next to my room.

any advice is greatly appreciated.

thnx.

icp

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

natural gas is cheaper and you dont have to lug around a big ass tank
two downsides of natural gas
1. the burner is usualy kinda expensive
2. humidity buildup, you really should have a dehumidifier

my tanks last me about a week each, picked up some extras on craigslist dirt cheap so its not 8 trips to the hydrostore per cycle

I

innercityphunk

what size is your room?

mine is 8x12 7ft. ceilings

I was kinda trippin on using a burner just because of the extra heat.

B

Bobby Smith

My room is 10x14, 8' ceilings, and I use a natural gas watercooled generator - definitely adds some humidity, but I have a dehuey so I don't really sweat it.

If you're gonna add CO2, the way it's worthwhile (this is all MHO) is to do it right, which means going sealed, getting an atmospheric controller with a CO2 monitor, etc...........I really don't believe that it's a worthwhile exercise to "do the math" and CO2 enrich that way.

Just my $.02.

I

innercityphunk

I feel u Bobby. I am planning to get a monitor/controller. I'm just not sure if I wanna lug bottles around or hard pipe NG. what controller do u like? caap, co2, or sentinel?
thnx

B

Bobby Smith

I use a Sentinel CHHC-1 - works great, best thing I ever bought for my grow.

I

innercityphunk

my room sealed to. I have louvers on my intake vents that close when my fan goes off. my room is pretty small, wouldn't 8 burners bit a bit much?

B

Bobby Smith

ey Bob how big is ur dehuey??

25 pints, but I'm upgrading sooner rather than later; also have 96 pints of dehuey power from my AC, so it's not too bad - just get more efficiency out of larger dehueys than you do outta little ones.

mastacheeser

mastacheeser

gods right on
everything titan is made grrrrrrrrreat!
i run 2 of their co2 controllers and never had a prob

fractal

fractal

Best economical CO2 source is fresh air, constantly circulated in the room. I use a dehumidifier at night, and turn the fans off but bottled CO2 is a total waste of time and energy.

D

DixinCider

sit in you're room while lights on ^_^ lol
but if you're looking into c02 invest in a gen for sure much less hassle

fractal

fractal

One thing about tanks I noticed is that places where you refill them are ALWAYS TRYING TO SCAM YOU OUT OF THEM seriously wtf??? It is like pulling teeth to get a new aluminum tank refilled instead of swapped out. Fucking tweekers.

J

jtmyzery2008

I found these natural co2 bags all you do is hang it in your grow room first time using it though just got it a week ago

I

innercityphunk

do u think I would be good with a 4 burner?

how much extra heat load do u get from ur 8 burner?

I also have dehumidifier. but no a/c yet. I'm looking for a portable one on CL.

M

mrduke

look into a tankless water heater they are the samething as a watercooled co2 generator. i just picked up one for 105 bucks shipped, nd a cap ppm3 monitor off ebay for 279. add a pump for water and a propane tank and i got fully controled co2 for under 500 bones

skywalkerOG

skywalkerOG

look into a tankless water heater they are the samething as a watercooled co2 generator. i just picked up one for 105 bucks shipped, nd a cap ppm3 monitor off ebay for 279. add a pump for water and a propane tank and i got fully controled co2 for under 500 bones

:animbong:

You just saved me from lugging around bottles. Love the idea.

I

innercityphunk

Sweet! that's what I'm talking about.

yeah, I read that u can use those somewhere.

so is it just for ur space or can u use it to upgrade ur house water heater, and just hang it in ur grow room?

thnx. Icp

M

mrduke

just get the smallest one you can find and hanr 'er in your room, then run a hose to a res. and ont from there to the water heater, the co2 controller turns on a pump in the res which triggers the heater to burn. co2 goes up heater goes off. I was reccomended a guy on ebay how turned out to be awsome and sells digigro controllers same as a cap-3 but like 100 buck less

Latest posts

Top Bottom