whats the best pre-paid phone carrier?

• Thread starter Grandpa
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
G

Grandpa

what is the best pre-paid phone plan/carrier?

this phone would be used a few times a week to call only one other person. I see pre-paid phones at grocery stores and then there is cricket which is all prepaid, and also t-mobile has a pre-paid phone plan. The problem with t mobile is that the prepaid minutes are gone after a month and dont roll over to the next month - thus causing a new purchase of minutes each month even if the previous months minutes aren't used. has anyone used cricket or tmobile? any thoughts? suggestions?

whats your preferred pre-paid phone service?

S

Slick

Check this site out Grandpa.

Lots of prepaid mobiles on there to give you an idea of which one is best for you bud. ;)

O

oglovinlife18

just put fake info they dont check everyone i kno does it

J

Jalisco Kid

virgin mobile is 50 bucks for 1000 min and they roll over but you should get a new phone once a month if it is for security. JK

sour power

sour power

virgin mobile is 50 bucks for 1000 min and they roll over but you should get a new phone once a month if it is for security. JK

virgin mobile also has $50 unlimited plan.no name prepaid.this is your best bet.

K

Kennie_B

Personal knowledge: T-Mobile prepay is awesome if the person your calling has T-Mobile!
T-Mobile to T-Mobile calls don't use your minutes it just deducts one dollar a day no matter how long you talk.
Kennie B

B

bdawgburner

I use virgin. I just get the $10 card and use only text. The cheapest phone was $20. They ask for a name and addy when you set it up but i just gave them a bogus name and addy. You do have to buy new minutes every month but $10 in text is quite a bit, couple thousand i think. If you are texting over a couple thousand texts a month well then dont give your lady that number.

P

Purkle

Premium Member
Supporter
Still being recorded when you give ur name and addy right? That kinda sucks. Anyone got one where you aint gotta say nuttin?

B

bdawgburner

Actually you can do it online too. I just didnt have net at the time. Even if you're recorded just use a fake voice. Have fun with it. Talk with an accent or something.

D

DoctorFungi

I use virgin. I just get the $10 card and use only text. The cheapest phone was $20. They ask for a name and addy when you set it up but i just gave them a bogus name and addy. You do have to buy new minutes every month but $10 in text is quite a bit, couple thousand i think. If you are texting over a couple thousand texts a month well then dont give your lady that number.

if u buy the Virgin Mobile 100 dollar card it will actually last a year, so when it gets low u just use it as a pager...thats what i do!

N

North

I like tracfone, cheap,good reception, no info needed when I signed up. good disposable phones.

S

Sunshinegrower

Net10 phones are $30 for the phone with 60 days of service. I toss them them after the 60 days and buy a new one. $15 a month for a phone w/ minutes is cheap in my mind. If you have left over minutes at the end give it to a bum on street so he can make some calls. I only use one person, but really only deal with one person. I also turn them off during the night. You can setup your Net10 on a payphone without talking and use any zip code to get an area code.

D

dooobster

I had Virgin Mobile. Decent phones, decent coverage, and you can buy the refill cards just about anywhere. A $100 card lasts quite a while, especially if you only text or use the phone sparingly.

X

Xceptional

boost. if you want complete anonymity send someone else into walmart to buy the phone and use cash. use the online registration and do it form a public free wireless location like a coffee shop and do it from your car (they could have cameras inside)that should make even the most paranoid sleep well at night.

I

Inuit

Net10 works well,

Make sure to look for the phone that says "300 Free Minutes", and not "300 Bonus minutes". The free minutes are free, the bonus minutes add 100 minutes the first three times you load it. With the free minutes, you get a working phone out the door for $30.

Be safe

A

Top Bottom