What's the best use of space? 5x5

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Hey all, currently have 8 plants I just transplanted into 1 gal. pots. Growing in coco and perlite. All plants are indica, one is stretchy cause I sprouted it as a test and my light wasn't dialed in. Planning on finishing 4 to 6 of the strongest. What is the best use of space in a 5x5 if I want to keep it simple? Not trying to put up a net until my next grow. I'm thinking a 5 week veg with 1 top, using bamboo stakes if needed. Is 4 plants in 5 gallons a better idea especially since I'm hand watering the coco? Or should I do 6 in 3 gallon pots? I'm donating whatever plants I don't keep. Thanks!
20210223_220635.jpg

SSgrower

SSgrower

I agree, Keep growing them all, I popped 4 recently and was hoping two would make it out of the soil, I'll continue to try an grow all 4 of mine if they grow.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

Thanks everyone! It seems to be a bit of a case by case basis with no 100% rule. I appreciate all the input since everyone likes to do things a bit different. 👌🏻 I'll plan on keeping as many as possible for now with the plan to move into 3 gallon pots

Symbioid

Symbioid

Thanks everyone! It seems to be a bit of a case by case basis with no 100% rule. I appreciate all the input since everyone likes to do things a bit different. 👌🏻 I'll plan on keeping as many as possible for now with the plan to move into 3 gallon pots
Yeah it really all comes down to personal preferance :p i wish u luck and look forward to seeing updates!!

onextremebuzz

onextremebuzz

You should flower them out 2 at a time in 5x5 scrog. Just get some trellis. Buy some white black plastic and start framing grow rooms. Flower them out under a 1000 watt hps air cooled each 5x5. Veg for way longer. Keep bending under net. Right now start low stress training. Before they get to big.

MI420Farmer

MI420Farmer

Yeah it really all comes down to personal preferance :p i wish u luck and look forward to seeing updates!!
I use a 5 x 5 and I've gone from 8 to 6 to 4 based on what I do to the plants. I like to top once and have an average of 12-14 branches per plant no matter if I'm familiar with the strain or not. 4 plants seems to be the magic number to provide the most amount of breathing room for each plant using 5 gal pots. Keep up the updates and can't wait to see!!

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I use a 5 x 5 and I've gone from 8 to 6 to 4 based on what I do to the plants. I like to top once and have an average of 12-14 branches per plant no matter if I'm familiar with the strain or not. 4 plants seems to be the magic number to provide the most amount of breathing room for each plant using 5 gal pots. Keep up the updates and can't wait to see!!
How long do you like to veg for?

Top Bottom