What's the best way to bring an Outdoor plant Indoors?

• Thread starter bob.fn.seger
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

bob.fn.seger

Ok, so here's the deal. I have a few girls outdoors but one can't stay where she's at all the way to harvest. i still have another month before i have to have her moved but i wanted to start getting some opinions on some options before i had to actually do anything. Any suggestions?

Whats the best way to bring an outdoor plant indoors
Whats the best way to bring an outdoor plant indoors 2
Whats the best way to bring an outdoor plant indoors 3
Whats the best way to bring an outdoor plant indoors 4
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
That's a teeny little plant, he should be able to dig it up and transplant no problem.

I always dig around the dripline of the leaves, that is about the furthest out the main portion of the rootball extends. Go 12"-18" deep, straight down, then work your way underneath. Then just very carefully put her into her new pot and bring 'er in.

You can let soil come off the roots, the main thing is to not destroy the rootball. The plant can lose easily up to 1/3 of the rootball and will do just fine.

Tobor the 8th Man

Tobor the 8th Man

Supporter
Why can't it stay there? Was it found?

B

bob.fn.seger

Thank you Maiden. that's kinda what i had in mind.well it's on a dude's property that at first told me to go nuts out there then the next time i talked to him he said to just put them right off his land. well i had already put this one on his land when he told me that. i just found out that he is taking the entire month of october off to get this land ready for huntin season so he will def find it then. so have to have it gone by the end of Sept. but this is also the one that if you remember tobor re vegged on me. since it revegged does that mean that it will take even longer to finish?

PUN1424EFS

PUN1424EFS

make sure you dont have no type of bugs because they will go crazy indoors.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Good point, to make sure the plant is as clean as possible before you bring it indoors. That said, I use my outdoors to get my girls cleaned up when something's infested them. Seems to work, especially going under the big old black oak.
Thank you Maiden. that's kinda what i had in mind.well it's on a dude's property that at first told me to go nuts out there then the next time i talked to him he said to just put them right off his land. well i had already put this one on his land when he told me that. i just found out that he is taking the entire month of october off to get this land ready for huntin season so he will def find it then. so have to have it gone by the end of Sept. but this is also the one that if you remember tobor re vegged on me. since it revegged does that mean that it will take even longer to finish?
I have not experienced this kind of situation (that I know of, received many gifted girls that did some weird things), but I have an idea that what it will affect more so than finishing time is yield. But if you're bringing her inside, then you don't quite have the same concern as if you'd left her out. At least, that's how it appears to me.

Top Bottom