Whats The Best Way To Make Kif?

• Thread starter juggernaut
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
juggernaut

juggernaut

I'm usually into making bubble but a buddy came over with some kif and it was a nice change.
So I'm into making my own and I just need some good info on both making kif and how to make the most potent or pure product(73 micron screen to 90 micron). Sativa's usually have smaller resin heads then indica so it would be nice to have the screen size as an option or something I can do after to purify it.
I've heard about Mila having a tumbler so I'm going to check it out. Also if theres any problems with the tumbler?
Fire away

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
This is what my buddy @420Outlaw does
Penny bag sift

Screenshot 2016 12 10 09 41 02
Two.Bears

Two.Bears

I'm usually into making bubble but a buddy came over with some kif and it was a nice change.
So I'm into making my own and I just need some good info on both making kif and how to make the most potent or pure product(73 micron screen to 90 micron). Sativa's usually have smaller resin heads then indica so it would be nice to have the screen size as an option or something I can do after to purify it.
I've heard about Mila having a tumbler so I'm going to check it out. Also if theres any problems with the tumbler?
Fire away

I would say Dry sift.

First get three or so different micron screens

200, 96, and 73. You may also want a 25 micron.

Freeze the ground herb

Pour frozen ground herb on the 200 micron SCREEN and bounce or sweep the herb back and forth on tge screen. With a card.

If the material gets warm tge resin heads will soften and gum up tge mesh. So do it quickly

jumpincactus

jumpincactus

Premium Member
Supporter
Method I prefer is to have 5 beautiful naked woman run thru your field and get hot n swaety and then scrap the trikes off thier sweaty bodies at your leisure. Thats how they used to collect trikes for pressing hash. Minus the beautiful women.

All BS aside a keif box works well.

juggernaut

juggernaut

Yeah i thought about the dry ice and it looks good. Do you think it would work well with putting different different screen sized bubble bags under it rather then shaking it all out on the floor?

That way I'm able to get different quality Kif . Again looking at getting the best quality to smoke and the rest into edibles etc?

Also any preference on how to grind the buds and sugar leaves?
hand grinders/coffee grinders ??

ty again

Smerb

Smerb

Yeah i thought about the dry ice and it looks good. Do you think it would work well with putting different different screen sized bubble bags under it rather then shaking it all out on the floor?

That way I'm able to get different quality Kif . Again looking at getting the best quality to smoke and the rest into edibles etc?

Also any preference on how to grind the buds and sugar leaves?
hand grinders/coffee grinders ??

ty again
Take the herbs and let them freeze in the freezer. Do it in a 5 gallon bucket and it ends up in the bottom of bucket.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Dry ice that, then collect, jar it, should bubble nice. Or get a kief box.
Don't care for Dry ice method.

1. You get a LOT of plant material in it
2. What if tge Dry ice or stems puncture the bag?

I say a Kief box or Dry sift screens

F

friend

Itilan silk skreens
i have 60,80,125 micron
Scuff , collect , and smoke :fire:
I use this method for sugar leaves
works well for me :happy:

Smerb

Smerb

Don't care for Dry ice method.

1. You get a LOT of plant material in it
2. What if tge Dry ice or stems puncture the bag?

I say a Kief box or Dry sift screens
The bags used here are tuff. I've never put stems in, they contain no kief to collect. Bubble bag with the right size and there won't be plant material. The box is awesome, a big tray is best, you can break up herb or trim on it.

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

The bags used here are tuff. I've never put stems in, they contain no kief to collect. Bubble bag with the right size and there won't be plant material. The box is awesome, a big tray is best, you can break up herb or trim on it.
No THC on the big branches there will be some where the buds and sugar leaves rub against the fine stems.

juggernaut

juggernaut

Also I use a normal cake mixer with reg metal mixers.
Any suggestions on what will work best in my mixer(clip ons)?

juggernaut

juggernaut

Or any other better way to mix the weed up without wrecking bubble bags?
I originally used a cake mixer with good results but I switched to a bubble now. Its ok. good quality but the cake mixer had both better quality and yield.
So till i figure out what I'm doing with the dry sift bubble bags are it.
Any suggestions on how to mix the material in bubble bags?

juggernaut

juggernaut

Yes 5 gal bubble bags. TY for the drywall mixer. What size power drill would u recommend?

Getting back to how I should grind everything.
weed (twist grinder), coffee grinder?

Should I freeze the buds and sugar leaves first before grinding or just grind it room temp and then into the freezer 24 hrs?

cannabeans

cannabeans

I have found for "quality" ... I would not grind. Less chance of small plant matter making into your final product..

cannabeans

cannabeans

Here is another step that I do to "clean" my product.
I mix with a drywall mixer on low speed, outside during the winter. I do this in a larger container ( dedicated 30 gal rubbermaid garbage can) I also have a few more clean dedicated empty 30 gal cans around. After I feel its mixed enough... Im left with nice slurry of plant material and ice cubes. From there I use a commercial sized colander that fits over my 30 gal can. From there, I scoop out the plant material and ice cubes( smaller scoops wash easier and more efficient). Using a hose with a fine spray, I gently spray the cubes and plant material "washing " them of any valuable material stuck to them.. After the wash material goes into a stock pot for butter. When that process is done, Im left with usually 2 to 3 times the water than I started with. From there I use the bags as directed....

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Method I prefer is to have 5 beautiful naked woman run thru your field and get hot n swaety and then scrap the trikes off thier sweaty bodies at your leisure. Thats how they used to collect trikes for pressing hash. Minus the beautiful women.

All BS aside a keif box works well.
Lmfao

Top Bottom