what's the best way to prep this plant for a SCROG?

• Thread starter SmootherDays
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SmootherDays

SmootherDays

I have no idea what the best thing to do to prep these for a SCROG is, do I top them and take the bottom 1/3rd off, then just let them rip from there? any help would be appreciated.

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

If you have questions, feel free to ask. But I figured that would cover most of it for you.

SmootherDays

SmootherDays

ok I understand, thank you. the other concern I have is I will most likely need to add a second layer with them being put under better lights and into 5 gallon pots. I imagine I will need 2 layers of netting to stop them from tipping over late in flower? if that's the case then do I need to be trimming excess vegetation between and under the netting so I don't get mold? I don't spray and fungicides or mold im just hyper aware of my temp and humidity but there's been tight spots in the past where I have gotten mold

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

ok I understand, thank you. the other concern I have is I will most likely need to add a second layer with them being put under better lights and into 5 gallon pots. I imagine I will need 2 layers of netting to stop them from tipping over late in flower? if that's the case then do I need to be trimming excess vegetation between and under the netting so I don't get mold? I don't spray and fungicides or mold im just hyper aware of my temp and humidity but there's been tight spots in the past where I have gotten mold
You need a touchless thermometer. They are cheap online. Then you check your LEAF TEMPS not the air temp and compare to the VPD chart.
Increase airflow to help prevent mold. FLOW not force.
VPD Calculator - Vapor Pressure Deficit - Apps on Google Play

SmootherDays

SmootherDays

Last edited:
CannaGranny

CannaGranny

this was super helpful, thank you, do you think that plant they put in there had been topped? I think im going to top mine now
When prepping for my scrog I top at node 5 and then I top those limbs at node 3 or 4 and FIM at week 5-6. The idea is to get my plant taller than my scrog table is. I want to stretch those limbs out beneath the top allowing every single node the same amount of light. I also remove the main cola at the end of each limb so the growth rate is the same all across my table. It also directs energy back evenly among your plant. When you actively scrog, you would remove all greenery up to the net. Nothing left below. I see many ppl seem to believe they have a scrog when they place the plant below the table or a net.This is misleading. If the top of your table cannot hold an entire limb down, then it’s simply trellised. There are many vids available on topping and Fimming, this would be the place to start. For a scrog grower the ultimate goal is to create several tops/limbs pr plant. Good luck!
Week 4 of my current 5x5 scrog...
003E6025 DDC1 4802 9F3A D0B648F96425

Last edited:
SmootherDays

SmootherDays

That’s pretty dense vegetation how are you preventing mold and bugs? The plant looks great!

Last edited:
lbezy

lbezy

I have no idea what the best thing to do to prep these for a SCROG is, do I top them and take the bottom 1/3rd off, then just let them rip from there? any help would be appreciated.
View attachment 1183324
I started topping my plants early and if they were taller than the screen of green which is what s c r o g means I would leave them too does that make sense?

Top Bottom