What's the different of light intensity in different plants stage?

ViparSpectra

Supporter
As we all known, light is very important factor for the plants'photosynthesis. The plants may need different light intensity in different plant stage.

Here are some recommened PPFD data:
Plants stage PPFD
Seeding 200-400
Vegetative 400-600
Flowering 600-1000

Do you agree the above? Or you have different standard?

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

What im curious to know is, if u have a 200w LED and no dimmer... how can i tell what PPFD range your at? 🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

LegalizeNorway

LegalizeNorway

there are plenty of light meters free to download onto your phone.
i use tent buddy for what it's worth
yeah i've seen them, but im to cheap to spend that extra 8 bucks for the pro version xD but it might be what i have to do.. vaguely measurment is better then me trying to "eyeball" it >_<

Moshmen

Moshmen

yeah i've seen them, but im to cheap to spend that extra 8 bucks for the pro version xD but it might be what i have to do.. vaguely measurment is better then me trying to "eyeball" it >_<
Honestly after a few grows you learn to read the plant leaves if they ask for more I give it to em - whe they are unhappy I turn it down! In the end I prolly don’t maximize my crop cuz I don’t follow the rules . Lol

ViparSpectra

Supporter
@LegalizeNorway Yes, vaguely measurment is better then eyeball it. Is it accurate measurement could receive a better grow?

ViparSpectra

Supporter
Honestly after a few grows you learn to read the plant leaves if they ask for more I give it to em - whe they are unhappy I turn it down! In the end I prolly don’t maximize my crop cuz I don’t follow the rules . Lol
@Moshmen Yeah, listen to the plants, they will tell you what they want. And adjust the lights according to they needs. VIPARSPECTRA KS Series is built with EVEV PAR DISTRIBUTION, result in healthier, more balanced growth.

0ttomanfarmer

0ttomanfarmer

I was always wondering why manufacterer just dont share their records. Dont you need to test these things before? How much light does the individual cluster get at 30/40/50/60 cm. Why not share this data with the customer. Most of the time the companies show one picture that shows some values. Some even dont do that.
The Customer spends hundreds of dollars, some thousands and cant get proper specs.

Imagine you buy a car and they dont tell you the specs, instead they say "buy or do this and that to measure it, or listen to the car, it will tell you" 😉

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

Most free meters or cheap meters do not measure leds accurate should only use for comparison in my opinion
i'm using the photone app with my phone and i find the measurements rather coherent and accurate in comparison with the manufacturer ppfd map at different height

HerbalEdu

HerbalEdu

what i mean i the manufacturer provide the ppfd map for different height, and that my reading for those different height are coherent

Latest posts

Top Bottom