whats the goin rate for trimmers this year?

• Thread starter CBF
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl

SUHWEET! Sap-resistant? And they're not terribly expensive, totally worth a try. Great share, thank you!

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

The dry trimming trim pal saved my butt this year. I produced way too much for me to trim alone, but with this machine I took care of my entire harvest in just 30 days. If you guys are paying 200 a pound, then I saved at least 6 grand. Payed for the machine in one season.

jessejames12345

jessejames12345

When you all bring in a trimmer or 2 , do you feel comfortable/trust worthy trimming in the grow location ?

Guess it all depends on who you hire ...

J

below frigid

below frigid

I have bee spoiled the last two seasons with the neighbors on the parcel next to mine being my trim crew. They just informed me they want to change our agreement. It was half cash and half meds. Now they want all cash. Harder for me to give up the cash than the meds. As much as I like a hand trim I am considering getting a twister t4. I figure I can get the machine and a swamp cooler to slow down my dry time, hire 3 guys for a week and save 40%. Had a Trim Reaper before and ran it for a couple of harvest. I was not real happy with the finished product. A lot was do to my ignorance of using a machine. Not cleaning it, running too large of loads and it dried way faster than I expected it too. Lost most of it's smell, and turned almost brown. Should I bite the bullet and pay these guys or try the twister. From all the info I been digging up on the T4 and proper use of it and drying precautions it sounds like most were happy with the final product. I figure those guys with 4 machines hooked up together knocked out 26 dry units in a hour. I figure I could knock out 20+ a day with one machine with me and 3 helpers. Really dread looking for another trim crew as well. I don't have time to baby sit. Anybody else have any experience with the Trim Pal? Help! LOL

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

I don't think the trim pal will do the volume that the twister would do. However when your buds are dried correctly, I feel the trim pal does a great job.

First of all, I suck at trimming, so the trimpal is heads and shoulders better than me in the first place. Second, it is soooooo much faster. The quality you loose you make up for in lost time. In the end, I believe it all equals out, and you don't have to babysit 10 trimmers.

@Seamaiden What do you think of the trimpal?

Capulator

Capulator

likes to smell trees.
Supporter
Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
If you like ARS you need to check out Chikamasa. flouride coated blades keep oil from sticking. Super badass.
I'm buying myself a TrimPal the moment I have the cashola, my friend. :) But! I'm still gonna look out for those blades, because the TP does still require a bit of clean-up by hand. Done comfortably in front of the tv or at the kitchen counter.
I don't think the trim pal will do the volume that the twister would do. However when your buds are dried correctly, I feel the trim pal does a great job.

First of all, I suck at trimming, so the trimpal is heads and shoulders better than me in the first place. Second, it is soooooo much faster. The quality you loose you make up for in lost time. In the end, I believe it all equals out, and you don't have to babysit 10 trimmers.

@Seamaiden What do you think of the trimpal?
Oh, Jesus... are you ready? My neck, my shoulders and my back and knees ALL appreciate not being stuck at a table hand-trimming. So NOT being in constant pain (it takes less than an hour for the shoulders to start with that awful, searing burning pain) alone is a life-changing event for me. That alone...

The fact that I can wait until my product is dried and cured is absolutely PERFECT for how I do things, I want the whole plant to dry and cure on the bone. It may be weird, but it's what I prefer. So that's a huge #2nd Good Thing.

Third, you can play with the humidity level of the buds and that allows you to get a different result with trimming. I have found that, as you said, there is that sweet spot for a lot of strains and doing it too dry you definitely end up with the tumbled looking buds. If you go with more humid buds it does take a lot longer, but what you end up with looks a lot more like a hand trim (to my needing-new-glasses eyes).

Fourth, it's quiet. Fifth, it looks like a composter. Sixth, it forces you to not mess around with those little tiny budlets that are time wasters, but you may need them to help you make weight. Not all buds are going to be nickle-size or larger (at least, not for me, cuz I've gotta get my canopy control issues under control) and this trims them, and those that are just too small to mess with go right through into the trim itself. Seventh, watching the buds tumble is hypnotizing....

I *must* have one of my own! I seriously love this thing.

Bulldog11

Bulldog11

SOOOOO glad it worked out for you. I was kind of worried.

I really like the fact that you can throw EVERY nug in the machine, and the machine will trim everything. Once done, I take the tiny nugs out and keep them as personal smoke, samples for friends, ext. That way my final bags are nickel size buds or larger, and nothing gets wasted. The trim isn't the best for top quality BHO, but it works great for cooking.

below frigid

below frigid

After the buds are harvested with the help of 2-3 others I do most of the hanging and drying, taking down and curing myself, then off to the trimers. I really rather not have to retouch it besides the final packaging. For many years I used to do it all from start to finish myself. Not going back there. My patients/clients are pretty spoiled. I just know the product coming out of the Trim Pal would need more of a final touch up than I am willing to do. I think I can dial in slowing the drying process and curing the product coming out of a twister for an acceptable end product. Still would rather find another professional trim crew for a $100 and a trimmed oz per unit. Hint;)

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Yes, it does need a touch up, but the time spent in relation to the volume is ok for me so far. I just looked at some hand-trimmed buds from a friend and they look worse than the automatically trimmed buds.

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
I'm buying myself a TrimPal the moment I have the cashola, my friend. :) But! I'm still gonna look out for those blades, because the TP does still require a bit of clean-up by hand. Done comfortably in front of the tv or at the kitchen counter.

Oh, Jesus... are you ready? My neck, my shoulders and my back and knees ALL appreciate not being stuck at a table hand-trimming. So NOT being in constant pain (it takes less than an hour for the shoulders to start with that awful, searing burning pain) alone is a life-changing event for me. That alone...

The fact that I can wait until my product is dried and cured is absolutely PERFECT for how I do things, I want the whole plant to dry and cure on the bone. It may be weird, but it's what I prefer. So that's a huge #2nd Good Thing.

Third, you can play with the humidity level of the buds and that allows you to get a different result with trimming. I have found that, as you said, there is that sweet spot for a lot of strains and doing it too dry you definitely end up with the tumbled looking buds. If you go with more humid buds it does take a lot longer, but what you end up with looks a lot more like a hand trim (to my needing-new-glasses eyes).

Fourth, it's quiet. Fifth, it looks like a composter. Sixth, it forces you to not mess around with those little tiny budlets that are time wasters, but you may need them to help you make weight. Not all buds are going to be nickle-size or larger (at least, not for me, cuz I've gotta get my canopy control issues under control) and this trims them, and those that are just too small to mess with go right through into the trim itself. Seventh, watching the buds tumble is hypnotizing....

I *must* have one of my own! I seriously love this thing.
that's definitely the trimmer I'm going to buy if I ever buy one wish I could rent one from Home Depot a few times a year someday

GrowGod

GrowGod

BANNED!
Supporter
With the price of pot I don't even use scissors except to cut off the stems:) all I do is pull all large fans and 50% of the smaller kiefy leaves and I'm done. I even got a compliment from a friend who helped me move, this guy didn't believe me lol
If u grow chunky buds it's easy to get away with:D

caregiverken

caregiverken

Fear Not!
Supporter
With the price of pot I don't even use scissors except to cut off the stems:) all I do is pull all large fans and 50% of the smaller kiefy leaves and I'm done. I even got a compliment from a friend who helped me move, this guy didn't believe me lol
If u grow chunky buds it's easy to get away with:D
I dryed and cured my outdoor with all the small leaves on it
they just brush off with your fingers eventually lol

Ole Scratch

Ole Scratch

i do $10-15/hr depending on what I have them doing...some need to wash buckets/hydroton, others are trimming. Food/Beer included + they split leftover baby nugs which may have fallen off and can keep scissor hash. Crew is always small, job complete in a weekend.

sohum bum

sohum bum

$100/pound. Growers are getting 1000, even less. Our wages drop, your wages drop. Some trimmers get 3+ pounds a day! One place I grew at, what I made in 6 months pulling tarp, some trimmers came in and made twice that much in 3 weeks. Growers have to sweat all day, and all the trimmers do is sit there and complain about everything when they're the ones practically robbing my hard work. Makes me mad just typing about it

Top Bottom