whats the ideal E.C to be at in early veg

• Thread starter Shayne010944
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Treesapair

Treesapair

Sorry to cut on here but I had a question pertaining to this subject. Is topping necessary for a good canopy? If one were to take those plants that are eight nodes high and bend them under a scrog net placed as close as is practical to the tops of the pots so you could flex them almost horizontal ( being careful not to break them) would the existing nodes now in a more horizontal position send up their branches and ultimately achieve the same thing? Know what I am trying to say? Just curious trying to learn more. Thanks!

Treesapair

Treesapair

Is there a benefit to topping if one is employing the scrog method I'm trying to ask. I think?

Treesapair

Treesapair

Is 3 1/2" holes in netting about what one would use for a scrog? For cut flowers like snapdragons and stock we would use 3 1/2 " squares and 5' wide trellis net played horizontally over the raised greenhouse beds for cut flower production. Tried 5" squares and it was difficult to catch all the stems. I was thinking maybe cannabis is similar?

Treesapair

Treesapair

Franksters flying V plants.... Trying to even out cola development without having to actually cut anything out. No "topping" on these plants was done.
Wow! Bushy aren't they! So I see now it's a matter of individual circumstances etc etc.... Or something like that. Cool!!!

Treesapair

Treesapair

Are you growing in your bathroom? Actually that seems like a good idea. Water and drainage plus a nevermind I'll cut myself off now. Just smoked one tired and should be sleeping hehe

Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Wow! Bushy aren't they! So I see now it's a matter of individual circumstances etc etc.... Or something like that. Cool!!!
I deleted it out because I thought it was a different post, but here it is again.

Frankster's flying V techniqe.

Basically two plants in 2 gallon containers, vegged as tight as possible, then turned on their sides, tied down, and allow the cola's to grow out the side of the plant.. It's a technique in development, but I like it.

Also there was no culling involved, the plants are entirely trained, with only a few minor leaves removed for improving budding development. I have 3 of these right now. I'm pretty happy with the technique, but only time will tell. These are in week 2 flowering.

IMG 20210721 063638
IMG 20210721 063905
IMG 20210721 064001
Last edited:
Frankster

Frankster

Never trust a doctor who's plants have died.
Supporter
Are you growing in your bathroom? Actually that seems like a good idea. Water and drainage plus a nevermind I'll cut myself off now. Just smoked one tired and should be sleeping hehe
Nah, your about the 3rd one asking that question. It's taken into the bathroom sometimes to water, or prune, and especially for pictures, because the lighting is optimal. I get a weird artifact with the lights.

Also, the mirrors are nice once bud development starts, because I can take a pic, and you can see front side and back all in one photograph.

PpmOver9000

PpmOver9000

Hey mate one more question , should i LST the branches now ? i am going to try my first scrog. or should just wait till i can top the 8th node like you said then just feed them through the net ?
I've never really done LST tbh but I would guess you just do it based on your space. I usually just top like I explained above and they naturally widen out then i make sure to manipulate all the branches so each square in the net gets 1 top. Sometimes ill carefully bend some tall branches and bring them to other squares if theres holes in the canopy. I guess that would be a mild form of training but have never done a legit LST since im usually working with plants that are closer together in rockwool.

Latest posts

Top Bottom