Whats the ideal temp for flowering

• Thread starter Lewish02
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I miss my hydro for growth... had to toss this grow cause it got stupid... had to leave town at 2 weeks veg when I should have been flipping. My daughter looked after it and came home to this jungle.

First was Dec.4/2019, the second was Jan 2/2020 just veg. Aboit 4 weeks Was a real shame to hack that and toss it but I didn't wanna fight the roots if I cut down and flipped.
Your daughter done good.

You need a bigger room and bigger pails

Lewish02

Lewish02

I really can't stress enough room temps and leaf temps.... its absolutely not the same and you can have a difference of up to 10+F of leaf temps under the same room temps depending on airflow, type of lighting, co2, humidity, root temps and almost anything environmental.

Day night temps have more to do with internode spacing than anything else.

Just saying.
See the leaf temp do I take that from top of the canopy or a bit lower down, the reading im getting at the top is 1-2 degree c cooler than room temp.

Or my ir thermometer is giving false readings

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

See the leaf temp do I take that from top of the canopy or a bit lower down, the reading im getting at the top is 1-2 degree c cooler than room temp.

Yeah should be cooler than air temp... generally the tops to keep them from getting to high... but multiple readings averaged gives a good overall idea of plant temps. They will almost always be highest closest to the lights.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

I read mine in the flower room this past hour. Room temp was 78.4 and leaf temp with a cheap harbor freight temp gun was 74.3
Screenshot 20210508 222204 Pulse

Lewish02

Lewish02

Must be a decent distance between the lights with good airflow... tanspiration rates are a bit higher from the lower humidity likely also....

A perfect example of why room temps mean nothing and leaf tenps matter.

This is what I've got just now with the leaf temp from canopy, ill get an average leaf temp later on.

Screenshot 20210509 054727 Chrome
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I'm needing to get something like this to record everything.
Honestly once you figure your room out you just duplicate it... its nice to have when starting out or a commercial grower but really don't wanna get to a point you spend a shit ton of time splitting hairs.

A lot depends on sensor placement also.. I see more often than not the sensors are not properly placed. Add in microclimates and the room readings can become even more skewed.

Imo take the tune to learn the things that affect it and how. You will be far better off.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Did a bit of a write here that touches on some of that. But again it's a guide not a hard rule and wouldn't split haors over it.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Honestly once you figure your room out you just duplicate it... its nice to have when starting out or a commercial grower but really don't wanna get to a point you spend a shit ton of time splitting hairs.

A lot depends on sensor placement also.. I see more often than not the sensors are not properly placed. Add in microclimates and the room readings can become even more skewed.

Imo take the tune to learn the things that affect it and how. You will be far better off.

I've got my sensors at canopy height on bothe sides of tent so should be kindy accurate. I'm just playing about with temps and that to see whats best without having either heater on constant or dehumidifier. Once I've got it sussed I'll put graph up 4 you to see. Cheers

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've got my sensors at canopy height on bothe sides of tent so should be kindy accurate. I'm just playing about with temps and that to see whats best without having either heater on constant or dehumidifier. Once I've got it sussed I'll put graph up 4 you to see. Cheers
Cool... as long as the aren't to high and reasonable over 70f it's all good the rest is fine tuning.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Did a bit of a write here that touches on some of that. But again it's a guide not a hard rule and wouldn't split haors over it.

I've got it sitting at this just now
Cool... as long as the aren't to high and reasonable over 70f it's all good the rest is fine tuning.

I think I've finally got it. Had to leave my tent door open, I couldn't get it right with it shut so I've got a grow teom lol. Been at this for about an hour kindy steady

Screenshot 20210509 115001 Chrome
Aqua Man

Aqua Man

I've got it sitting at this just now

I think I've finally got it. Had to leave my tent door open, I couldn't get it right with it shut so I've got a grow teom lol. Been at this for about an hour kindy steady
Don't kill yourself over it.. temps are far far more important than humidity. Remember VPD is only a goal not a must.

Lewish02

Lewish02

Don't kill yourself over it.. temps are far far more important than humidity. Remember VPD is only a goal not a must.
I got up for my lights turning on and my temp was 19 but humidity was 60%, I'm guessing its because tent door is wide open and hasn't any negative pressure as the humidity in my room was only 44%. I'm stuck at what to do šŸ˜”

Lewish02

Lewish02

Since I've done vpd they've had soo much new growth on top buds are getting bigger everytime I look. Thanks appreciate it.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Since I've done vpd they've had soo much new growth on top buds are getting bigger everytime I look. Thanks appreciate it.
Yeah it really does help... #1 get the right leaf temls #2 adjust the RH to meet VPD.

Latest posts

Top Bottom