Whats the ideal temp for flowering

• Thread starter Lewish02
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Lewish02

Lewish02

Hi all, I've got autos in 4 weeks of flower and have kept my temps at 25 degree c lights on but have come across a few websites saying its best to keep temps lower during flowering 20-23 degree c. Any input would be appreciated. Cheers

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

Hi all, I've got autos in 4 weeks of flower and have kept my temps at 25 degree c lights on but have come across a few websites saying its best to keep temps lower during flowering 20-23 degree c. Any input would be appreciated. Cheers
I am open to hear about any research these websites can point to, but I think 20-23 is too low. I believe the plants will not grow and develop as quickly at those temperatures.

growsince79

growsince79

Depends on the light. LEDs won't heat the leaf/bud like hps.
My plants like leaf temp around 79. So if I use hps the temp needs to be 77. For LEDs they like 82f

Lewish02

Lewish02

I am open to hear about any research these websites can point to, but I think 20-23 is too low. I believe the plants will not grow and develop as quickly at those temperatures.
I'll leave it at 25 degree then. Thanks

Lewish02

Lewish02

My plants like leaf temp around 79. So if I use hps the temp needs to be 77. For LEDs they

My plants like leaf temp around 79. So if I use hps the temp needs to be 77. For LEDs they like 82f

Thats something I keep forgetting to get. A infared thermometer to measure leaf temp. Cheers

XxHammer

XxHammer

The IR Thermometer has been great. I was worried early on for no reason. I thought my temps were too high, I even had 3 different thermometers in different areas of my tent to try and get a good idea... Nothing works as well as the IR gun

Lewish02

Lewish02

The IR Thermometer has been great. I was worried early on for no reason. I thought my temps were too high, I even had 3 different thermometers in different areas of my tent to try and get a good idea... Nothing works as well as the IR gun

I've got one coming excited to see what they are at.

One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I've seen a few sites but when I seen royal Queen seeds in Spain saying keep temps cooler 20-26 but aim for 23. I'm going to try it at 22-23. Cheers
Yep cooler temps brings out the terps in the plant I run 24/7 passive air intake keeps my tents at a good temp .od

dirtyoldman

dirtyoldman

First of all the placement of the electronic sensor (or thermometer of you haven't gotten smart enough to invest in the electronics) is important. It should be placed centered underneath the bulb at about the height of the closest top colas in direct path of the fan blast. Cannabis can tolerate a general room temperature of 90F or even slightly higher no problem if you have excellent in/out ventilation and a good, oscillating interior fan. Oscillation is important. Many growers will say that regardless of the temperatures do not variate the "on-off" temperatures by more than 10 degrees. And that can present a challenge. Right now I'm running about 85F lights on and 72F lights off. Of course humidity and if you're using CO2 can affect your temperature parameters. I've given up trying to keep up the ridiculous humidity levels some "by the book" guys recommend. I've found when I do that I'm inviting fungal disease. I do quite well keeping a low-humidity room.

Lewish02

Lewish02

First of all the placement of the electronic sensor (or thermometer of you haven't gotten smart enough to invest in the electronics) is important. It should be placed centered underneath the bulb at about the height of the closest top colas in direct path of the fan blast. Cannabis can tolerate a general room temperature of 90F or even slightly higher no problem if you have excellent in/out ventilation and a good, oscillating interior fan. Oscillation is important. Many growers will say that regardless of the temperatures do not variate the "on-off" temperatures by more than 10 degrees. And that can present a challenge. Right now I'm running about 85F lights on and 72F lights off. Of course humidity and if you're using CO2 can affect your temperature parameters. I've given up trying to keep up the ridiculous humidity levels some "by the book" guys recommend. I've found when I do that I'm inviting fungal disease. I do quite well keeping a low-humidity room.

This is my set up.

1jfiegbrmu1ua isLive 2021 05 06 203022
One drop

One drop

Bush Doctor
Supporter
I've got an ac infinity 200mm extractor fan running on number 10 just to keep the temps down only thing is humidity goes up as temps reduce :(
Do you have the bottom flaps open in your tent to draw air in at the bottom using your exhaust fan to draw it in for you .

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

Og_punkgenetics

So there is a temperature and humidity coefficiency, CO2 is also in the mix if you're running it. Growing by adhering to vapor pressure deficit (VPD) is the best way to Grow. It allows you to run different temperatures with different humidity levels that take them to account the respiration of the plant. It's fairly simple to do if you have the equipment, and it will improve your grow game substantially. Not everyone has the equipment or the set up to do it, but if you read about VPD and cannabis it will clue you into how the plant interacts with its environment and vice versa.

Lewish02

Lewish02

That's a serious room that's going to pull some nice weight. I'm just a little bit ahead of you and I'm removing quite a few leaves now. I see you have a lot of greenery also. This looks like a sativa variety to me. Am I correct

That's a serious room that's going to pull some nice weight. I'm just a little bit ahead of you and I'm removing quite a few leaves now. I see you have a lot of greenery also. This looks like a sativa variety to me. Am I correct?

I'm taking a few leaves off at a time, when is it that you can start defoliating autos . yeah they mainly sativa I'm sure 60%. They are all the same strain but 4 of 9 look completely different. Buds on some are really purple where as others are just normal.

Lewish02

Lewish02

So there is a temperature and humidity coefficiency, CO2 is also in the mix if you're running it. Growing by adhering to vapor pressure deficit (VPD) is the best way to Grow. It allows you to run different temperatures with different humidity levels that take them to account the respiration of the plant. It's fairly simple to do if you have the equipment, and it will improve your grow game substantially. Not everyone has the equipment or the set up to do it, but if you read about VPD and cannabis it will clue you into how the plant interacts with its environment and vice versa.

Yeah aqua man had said before about it, I've read up on it but I'm just not confident enough to put it into action it being my first grow. Ill need to buy better equipment to make sure its done accurately. I really want to do it tho as I live in Scotland and humidity is a pain, got my ac infinity 8" extractor fan on full swing just to get humidity to 45%. The only co2 I've got is the tnb enhancer but for next time I'm going to be looking at using butane gas or something similar. Knowing my luck I'll blow my house up lol.

Top Bottom