What's the latest from Vegas?

• Thread starter BoCo Buds
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
B

BoCo Buds

Just got a call from a buddy down south... PW just got his biz lic yanked for the referral service...

Was wondering if anyone could share the skinny on recent events? Kinda curious to know if anything has happened since the last raids and/or if that rumor bout metro's shop is true or not...?

Be safe y'all

resinryder

resinryder

PW has a target on his back. The guy has done more to harm the image of mmj here than he has done to help. Yet he still has a following of weak minded people who hug his nuts and believe every word he says. He claims to be all about the patient. He's all about his wallet and how to get what's in yours. Walking definition of a piece of shit. Having said that, it seems according to the story in the paper this morning that he is having to prove he didn't sale to under cover cops through the store. Metro is messing with him to see what else shakes out imo. I wouldn't want to be seen with the guy. if you are you can bet you are being watched. THEY WANT HIM BAD.
Have heard the rumor also. That's the way they do things here. What better way to collect intel on suppliers than to open an illegal dispensary and let the suppliers come to you? It's like the wild west here with everyone wanting to cash in on mmj patients. 1 shop was making 9600.00 a lb for the "good stuff" Makes perfect sense metro would run a shop or that the dea would have gotten a shop owner to make a deal. I know that the guy, after the last raids in Sept, was scared to death about possible charges, and there are still possible fed charges that haven't been disclosed, was trying to sale everything and move back to CA, and very worried about prison time. Now the shop is back up and running and doesn't seem to have a worry in the world. Camera's up everywhere recording every person that comes in the shop. He may not be in their pocket but his serious change of heart is rather suspect imo.
I also know for a fact that there was 1 shop in town that had been paying their new eager growers with a check. That's right...a check. Nothing like a paper trail leading right to a growers/suppliers front door.
A state senator is working something into the mmj law here to possibility allow dispensaries, but I've also heard that metro is trying to push a law through that states that if you have more plants or limits than the law calls for they want to charge you with possession with intent to distribute but I can't verify that.. We're going backward instead of forwards.
That's the way I'm seeing things working out here. If you're a friend of PW's I sorry if I've offended you. Wasn't the intent but from what I've seen and heard him say, I wouldn't touch him with a 10 foot pole.

B

BoCo Buds

No offense brother... I know him... from back in the day when he was waiving plants around his front yard trying to get metro to jail him... lmao... ask and ye shall receive, i suppose... lol

Yeah, the whole group of them had a target, imho... jp's crew too. Stayed away from the whole lot w down there... including the sessions in the park for their meet-ups... crazy to watch from a distance.

Believe it or not, going back down this next week to discuss that exact rumor you heard bout the revamping in upcoming legislative session... it might not be a leo-based proposal! But thats a rumor now, even on my end... I'll know a lot more by mid-week, but might not just be a bad thing coming down the pike.

I heard the name of the place that metro is supposedly behind... should I post that as a warning, or as it is rumor based...???

Be safe brother!

resinryder

resinryder

You know the guy. lol
It is rumor based as far as any info I've heard about it. They set up shops for every other illegal activity here, might as well do it for mmj too. Post away the name if you want. Could be different from the one I've heard about. What better way to have an investigation where your targets are walking through the front door smiling with product.
I went to one of those park meet ups for a bar b que/picnic several years ago and left minutes after getting there.. Was billed as being for mmj patients but I was the only mmj patient there. Everyone firing em up and plenty of eye's on em. Kids and families walking by. Didn't want to be there in case leo offered a ride, ya know.
Have heard that there may be 2 things in the works. I know of the one you are taking about(also heard it may be being backed by out of state money/interest?) to allow some type of dispensary system, but have heard that metro is backing someone on the other matter above plant limits but I can't back that up. Maybe a new law regarding cultivation as there are currently no cultivations laws here. Just not sure. So have heard both things recently. Plant limits and 1 oz is to restrictive and once you harvest 1 plant you can be over the limit. Something needs to be worked out that is better or at least more reasonable.
Would like to know more about what you find out or at least know what kind of changes are in the works.

B

BoCo Buds

funny, funny... that was my exact situation w the park scene... kids, families, open smoking and a group of about 6 wannabe og-gansters... and a couple of them waling to & fro a car parked on the side street... crazy scene. i was so noided from that place... u wouldn't believe the shit that I see & do up here... lmao... never would've crossed my mind before.

times a changin brother, times a changin... ;-0

The one I know of is that guy that is sponsoring the pharmacy model... my competition. But a buddy of mine has been approached to write a patient-centric model... the specifics are in the works, but a meeting to discuss will occur next week... already drafting up a rough. Depending upon how the guidance goes, looking to amend 453A, or possibly include a 453B... just to address dispensing.

Funny, but 453 (controlled subst) actually already has dispensing defined, and the framework of 453A can allow for it, with a few minor inclusions & omissions... namely the 'for consideration' clause. Nevada wants to tax it, or so they tell me. That is the model that will also be forwarded... a taxable, transactional sale. I've been kinda called upon to troubleshoot the issues that CO has.

Actually, I didn't believe the call at first, but have been working it for a few & if the meeting turns out to be w the actual cats represented...???

Don't even think the national groups are involved at this point... saw a few of them speak a week or two ago & they were entirely elsewhere... NV not on their radar apparently. Interesting.

And you should see the plant counts I'm going to start at... entirely building off of the patient-centric wording of 453A, yet taking from a growers perspective to best serve patient safety & access. Also, trying to open the market up to competitive forces that allow for multiple entrants/players... larger scale dips to mom&pops to private caregivers. Trying to package it as multiple revenue streams... licensing on scale to wholesale/retail sales be it individual or through a dip... they seem to really be motivated by shortfalls in the general fund.

A bit premature, and a bit grandiose, but times are changing brother.

I'll be traveling with a personal load... did it before. We should do a park meeting or something! lol ;-) Might be able to find me at the tables too... say belagio or venetian... does their carpet still smell like perfume??? Coffee was great in the poker room though... lol

resinryder

resinryder

Good info. I don't do park meetings anymore, lol
Belagio and Venetian are both very nice. Check out the new City Center and Aria too.

W

walkingdude

I heard the name of the place that metro is supposedly behind... should I post that as a warning, or as it is rumor based...???

Either spill the beans here or PM me. I'm curious of the rumor.

W

walkingdude

Don't even think the national groups are involved at this point... saw a few of them speak a week or two ago & they were entirely elsewhere... NV not on their radar apparently. Interesting.

Americans for Safe Access is here in full force. First they had a "Know Your Rights" training for dispensary owners & patients. Then the first actual meeting of the NV chapter, with 20 some people. The second meeting last weekend had 54 people, including the people from Jolly Green Meds who were just raided. I expect the next meeting to have even more people.

W

walkingdude

BoCo: If you're even gonna mention a dispensary that is run by the cops, you need to name it. Otherwise you're just endangering everyone. I check back here everyday for the answer.

B

BoCo Buds

BoCo: If you're even gonna mention a dispensary that is run by the cops, you need to name it. Otherwise you're just endangering everyone. I check back here everyday for the answer.

Here's the thing that keeps me from posting... it's through the rumor mill... and when discussing someone else & their business/means of feeding themselves... I'd rather not take the risk of doing harm to them, esp since I don't know first hand & am not down there being active.

The guy I know, is rock solid, imho... known him for a while & he has always been tied into the scene. I personally believe him when he says peeps have gone down.

However, this is the best I will do in public w/o more info... hope you understand.

BUT, from what I hear, the name of that place is out within the community... some peeps are getting wise down there, so make some local inquiries... the name will come up.

If you're here for a little, get some posts up, you can pm me & I'll extend the vine.

But, be safe, and use some common sense. And grow really good meds... u'l never have the need to step foot in a dip ever! Your patients won't give you the option... there just won't be enough to go around. Work with good people. Peace

W

walkingdude

I understand. I'm not a grower, just a patient. There's just one place I wondered about and I wondered if it was the same place. *sigh*

resinryder

resinryder

Here's the deal walkingdude. All the dispensaries in Nevada are without a doubt 100% illegal, period. Despite what they tell you or others tell you they are illegal.
Now, having said that, as a patient you are allowed under state law to purchase/obtain your meds anywhere you want to. Be it an illegal dispensary, an illegal dispensary possibly be operated by cops, or a street corner dealer slinging mexi brick. You will not get into any trouble simply buying. The person you purchase from will have to deal with whatever should they get caught. LEO is actively looking for patients and non patients selling product to the dispensaries. They want patients who are selling REALLY bad.
Remember this-if you give anything in consideration for your meds, the person you give it to, be it money, donations, power bill payments, anything of any monetary value over .01 cent, the person accepting whatever it is that you exchanged is subject to arrest. It's fucked up but that's currently the way it is.

K

kinzla34

I visit Nevada a lot, currently live in SO CA and this thread has been really informative to me. Thank you for sharing. Here's my 2 cents...

Our government can grant pensions it can't fund, and muni-bonds are be downgraded everyday so the answer will be in higher fee's, lesser services and alternative revenue streams.

When developing alternative revenue streams such as licensing dispensaries, patients,VAT, etc. I wonder is are adopted and on state levels and local levels and the governments ultimately realize that well managed infrastructure with the proper controls creates opportunity for new business, lower law enforcement and criminal prosecution of these cases allowing them to focus their resources on life or death criminal activities and on and on why is the fed so dead set against it?

One reason may be that there is an entire industry set up to smuggle and distribute south of the border people and drugs that a legal infrastructure would reduce demand for. We've done an abysmal job of policing our borders and when a local officer pulls over a vehicle with a car full of young men that, no se habla, no papers, no license, no insurance, possibly better guns then the officer has, I'd let them go on their way too. You get them down town and what happens in the overrun overcrowded system?

Cutting into the black market could quell at least some of the incentives people have for coming into this country.

We need intelligent, out of the box programs that may be nest implemented through 12 month trial periods then be modified upon two independent studies that address impact reports of how these programs affect all aspects of society. Give them six months after the trial period to deliver these reports and let's begin to pull back the curtains on the great oz with the facts before us.

B

BoCo Buds

Cutting into the black market could quell at least some of the incentives people have for coming into this country.

We need intelligent, out of the box programs that may be nest implemented through 12 month trial periods then be modified upon two independent studies that address impact reports of how these programs affect all aspects of society. Give them six months after the trial period to deliver these reports and let's begin to pull back the curtains on the great oz with the facts before us.

U seem reasonable, level headed & intelligent... perhaps even a bit altruistic. Personally, I don't feel you have any place or position in politics... especially here in the US. Please stop spewing such... well... so much common sense... we really have no need for this... this is fucking America, dammit! We do things to people like you... so watch your back... seriously... where do you think the political coffers come from??? Be it industry within our borders, or industry from outside, we will come and silence you. You are now officially warned... ;-)

K

kinzla34

altruistic...thank you. Thomas Jefferson was guilty of that. How do you guys really feel about Harry Reid or does it even matter until we get the local houses in order?

BTW I guess Biden went on record in the last few days as a no vote any type of legal canna as it's in 'in his experience' it's a gateway drug. probably a Freudian slip.

oh and thanks for a good laugh

resinryder

resinryder

How do you guys really feel about Harry Reid

Harry Reid is the keeper of all things good and right. The defender of all things good over evil. He is a light, a beacon, our only ray of hope even, in an otherwise dark and dreary desert wasteland. Willing to push through any and every piece of legislation to help, or not, his grateful minions back home as long as it fits in with who is paying to keep him reelected. Sarcasm intended.

K

kinzla34

you sir should write for a living.

Now I'm picturing Harry with a beacon riding through the dreary desert wateland. When I think of desert confabs I think of the Tea Party Express visiiting, wasn't it burning man or around there? Of course we represent a different type of tea. Harry will bring our message to Washington. I believe.

See Pat Robertson endorse decriminalization of canna over the weekend? poco poco

[/I]

Top Bottom