What's the most unique strain you've smoked?

• Thread starter Sea Of Green
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
S

Sea Of Green

I've been wondering that all day today. And then it suddenly occured to me what it was. That stuff we called the "Band-Aid". Shit smelled exactly like a box of Band-Aids. Spicy, harsh, mildy "antiseptic" flavored smoke, potent as fuck, killer, death, headbanger, fuck yeah, party bud! :rock Definitely indica and sativa qualities to the high, so likely a mix. Medium density, very stinky, very sticky/gooey, dark brownish green color buds w/yellowy orange hairs.

I can't remember that last time I had any of that stuff. I'd sure like to run across some more of it someday.

Which brings me to my next questions. WTF is that shit I'm talking about anyway? Is there a "Band-Aid" strain out there? If so, where do I get it? I've searched and found nothing except a strain called "Casey Jones" or "KC Jones". But only one example of which was described as having a "Band Aid smell". So I'm not sure...it does look similar to the pic shown...but not exactly the way I remember it. Could be I suppose...you tell me...is it?

http://www.medicalmarijuanastrains.com/tag/band-aid-smell/

Surfr

Surfr

Just cruisin....
Supporter
To this day it was Rene'... Personally handed to me in Vancouver Canada from the guys who owned Smokin seeds... Shit was the most amazing herb I have ever had. I would do whatever I could to get a cut of her!

:character0180:

Venom818

Venom818

blueberry-tasted like blueberries till the last hit strong euphoric high like some dialed bubba

P

paulycali

Thats a tough one. I really loved the Hawaain Sativa X Durban Poison. Amazing energentic euphoric strain. Supposed to be a pure sativa. Then there was some Jack Herer going around the new england area that was out of this world. Amazing taste but it was truly about the potency. I really enjoyed some 4-way that came out of vermont. Soooo tasty. Beyond tasty. The smell was out of this world as well. Last but not least was some schrom. Open the jar and your like WTF! It smells like a bouquet of assorted flowers like roses ect. A little minty/menthol background. Very unique for sure

Whats the most unique strain you've ever smoked?

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
To this day it was Rene'... Personally handed to me in Vancouver Canada from the guys who owned Smokin seeds... Shit was the most amazing herb I have ever had. I would do whatever I could to get a cut of her!

:character0180:

wow I just heard about rene for the first time

for me it was a strain called B1 - came from washington

had it during the early to late 90's - was not widely circulated

was so easy to grow - I mean you could not kill this plant - finished fast - yielded well - had a great hashy flavor that had a pepper spice after taste - the high was very uplifting - best daytime smoke I ever grew - really got the creative juices flowing

if you chewed the fresh stems it was very spicy - almost like you watered the plants with Tabasco (which is a great fucking pesticide by the way)

my buddy that brought it from washington recently told me it might still be around - Im hoping

as far as unique stuff that I never had the chance to grow Id say it was the maui waui that came through the bay area in the late 80's

soopy

soopy

I grew up in the Bay Area and used to get this herb called "Indoor Sugar" from a friend of a friend who grew it near Santa Cruz. It would shut you up for a solid hour, having you just stare in awe of how f'd up you were. Too much, like a whole bowl, would cripple you. I could only get it occasionally and never found out what it was.

Other than that it would be the real-deal Headband from norcal about 8 years ago. Not the 707, the daywrecker.

PDX420Grower

PDX420Grower

I remember the band-aid bud. Smelt just like a band-aid. I hated it. If you could get past the smell it was cool but it tasted like sh!t. ( maybe its not a strain but maybe how they masked the smell if it wasn't local. Idk anyone that grew it so...) Around the same time there was some sh!t going around that smelt and tasted like soap. I imagined that it was from washing the plants to get rid of mites. Didn't want neither. Effect and flavor are 50/50 to me. For some reason tho the cat piss bud didn't bother me. ??????

slausongardens

slausongardens

a strain called gump in az, most lemony best tasting/smelling strain ive ever seen. so much flavor and great high. never heard of it anywhere else.

OGONLY

OGONLY

The 2 most powerful strains I ever smoked were Puna Butter and old school skunk. Haven't seen the real deals since back in High School in the late 80's.

The Puna Butter was some of the fruitiest most tasty herb I've ever tasted. It was straight calyxes of frost, very little leaf. I remember it producing a Very heavy euphoric high. I'm convinced it came from Hawaii because I've never seen anything close here in Cali.

The skunk looked like nothing special, remember it even having a brownish look. The bud though smelled just like a skunks ass, super potent harsh skunk smell. I took 2 hits and felt like I was on acid for 2 hours. Had strobe light effect going on in my head.

Not sure these strains are still around? If they were I would pay top dollar!

S

Sea Of Green

I remember the band-aid bud. Smelt just like a band-aid. I hated it. If you could get past the smell it was cool but it tasted like sh!t. ( maybe its not a strain but maybe how they masked the smell if it wasn't local. Idk anyone that grew it so...) Around the same time there was some sh!t going around that smelt and tasted like soap. I imagined that it was from washing the plants to get rid of mites.

I don't know too many people from the Portland area who haven't smoked it at some point. I do believe it was(is?) being grown locally there. Because I got an oz. of it that wasn't thoroughly dried yet once. I would guess somebody's growing it in the SE or Gresham area. Since I was always near there when I was getting it. It was available in smaller quantities there for quite awhile(6-7 years atleast) through some friends of mine. But I lost contact with all my death metal stoner buddies that lived in those parts about 12 years ago.

I always found it to be an interesting change of pace when I could get a little bit of it. Which wasn't very often, maybe once a month. It was by no means THE best pot in the world. I've smoked what I consider to be MUCH better honestly(my utmost favorites are actually the pure/super skunky strains). But it was good, very good even IMO, when cured properly. Potentially equal in quality to the strain I grow currently/have been growing for many years as my staple crop(apparently samples of which that were lab tested had 17.62% THC-1.12% CBD-.12% CBN, not bad). And it was, without a doubt, THE most unique and interesting smelling/tasting bud I've smoked in 22+ years smoking the shit.

I'm pretty sure I did try some of that flowery soap(tainted?) shit you're talking about too. I DID NOT like that shit AT ALL. A few of my friends did, mostly chicks(go figure). Sad too, since it looked like it should have been fairly decent stuff.

sanvanalona

sanvanalona

Nice, what a great topic here. The most unique strain I ever smoked was something in Socal, 1997, I believe it was actually outdoor from that season but whatever it was I have never smoked anything as strong since or before, I literally felt like it put me in a spot that I have never felt with other anything else......like being on mushrooms but with much more control. It literally tasted like kief and was dark, dark green. My friend from Oregon was visiting at the time and didn't believe me, well he took one hit and that was it for him.......straight tripping. The other most unique strain would be the old school sweet skunk from Oregon, tasted like straight candy with a skunky back! That Afghani bluerider that Jeftek ran/runs tasted unique too in that it was straight candy flavor......sweetest cheeba

O

organickat

This is hard becuase i tried herb from all over the world but here it is
purple/black durban feels like jumping out of a plane without a chute
mothership So amazing words cant do it justice
loompas headband or ult chem very simaliar
superman or i think its seattle big bud
Skelly jj's cut
Purple god for emery from jordan of islands
my coral reef cut that i miss so much
golden monkey pod from socal.
Fire og x blue moonshine by Ogr put a bench mark for all other og's for me
and FFA that i got a great friend on here thanks bro
these cuts or samples ive tried that make all others swaggy

B

BluntForce

I've go to say IceCream by paradise. For me it just really hits all the spots and fills all the gaps. One joint of nicely grown IC and I'm off to a place that is the perfect stress/anxiety reliever which also takes care of the body aswell. I wouldn't say pain killing but definitely allows you to forget about the pain as you're taken over by a sweet all encapsulating warmth. Not the strongest or most impressive in any one area but so well balanced that it has to get my vote.

O

organickat

Oh and RKS from the 80s i would give all my cuts up for this masterful peice of work. I know its still around but we need are boyz from west virginia to spread the wealth . Please guys spread the love

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
In the early 80's, I helped unload kilos of Thai stick from ships docked in Olympia Washington.
Very dark brown weed, tied to a thin hemp stick about 12 inches long. Had a real sticky gooey feel to it. Really smelled deep of medincine.
It was dipped in opium.
I never smelled this before, but I will never forget the smell of true chocoalate thai dipped in opium.
One hit and youre done. If you can muster two hits, you start looking for a place to sleep. Very narcotic.
The taste is hard to describe and since then, I have never had the same taste or effect from cannabis.
It was truely an experience you would never forget.
Btw, we moved hundreds of pounds, so I know there is someone else out there that got some of this dank from the far east.

~Lem

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
Lemonhoko - do you remeber if it was tied with green string or red string?

Lemonhoko

Lemonhoko

GBS Genetics
Lemonhoko - do you remeber if it was tied with green string or red string?

The string had a light green/brownish , almost white/cream color to it. I think it was a hemp strand off the stalk. Was always tightly wrapped.
You could cut the sticks in half and not untie the sticks, thats how tight they were.

~Lem

G

gooey

now thats not fair lem...thats the best opium and weed you have ever smoked lol...which is a lovely combo for the record ( i have never had dipped thai sticks but have had opium and herb together)...most unique i have had was some skunky purp grown in cornfileds by old timers in my area...no id what it was but dammnn...cool thread

motherlode

motherlode

@Rolln_J
Supporter
The string had a light green/brownish , almost white/cream color to it. I think it was a hemp strand off the stalk. Was always tightly wrapped.
You could cut the sticks in half and not untie the sticks, thats how tight they were.

~Lem

lol we were getting that same stick donw in the bay area - last time I saw it was 83-84ish

after that we started getting shit tied with red string - was good herb but not opiated

I remember walkin across the room to pass a doobie of that and next thing ya know I ws on the floor and everybody else was so fucked up they didnt notice I blackd out

funny how I can remeber those little details - but I cant remember somebodys name 5 minutes after I meet them

Latest posts

Top Bottom