What's The Point Of Autoflowering?

• Thread starter travism000
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
T

travism000

Hey so I always wondered why someone would choose autoflower plants? You get smaller yields, less bud quality, can't control when to turn flowering on, you can't transplant, and more. But autoflower seeds seem to sell well, so I am wondering what I am missing here.

Smerb

Smerb

I will say some growers out there like em. Not me. It may be a major factor that all ya do is plant and wait till harvest...

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
They are good for people who only have one space to grow. I grew a few for shits and grins while I was sexing my regs it was a nice little bonus harvest they also are great for outdoor growers who have short seasons

DrMcSkunkins

DrMcSkunkins

Dabbling in Oil
Good for small spaces/micro grows
Good for short from seed to finished bud time
Good for growing out some finished buds while you veg your photo plants
Good for sog growing
Good for throwing outdoors in late summer

jipp

jipp

i remember reading early on how weak sauce autos where.. but from what i can tell that has been fixed.

chrisl.

gravekat303

gravekat303

Premium Member
Supporter
i remember reading early on how weak sauce autos where.. but from what i can tell that has been fixed.

chrisl.
They weren't the worst they were a pain to trim and larfy but hey I didn't have to buy any

Ignignokt

Ignignokt

Autos are derived from Cannabis Ruderalis for the autoflowering gene, and may be the best starter for many new growers just wanting results. And great for all the reasons the Dr. and others have mentioned. One of the surprises for new growers are the light period restrictions and what happens when you fail to observe the restrictions. Non-autos tend to go into a hormonal rage when you are loose with light periods. Some just stall. Some (mostly sativa dominant, from my observations) will go through a period of re-vegetation that throws odd leaf patterns (single leaf growth and/or even number of fingers, should be an odd number) and will probably not be the plant you had hoped for once it figures out how to finish.

jeffsciv23

jeffsciv23

i usually grow photo seeds or clones. but my last seed order i threw a few autos in the cart to see what the fuss was about. had a hard start and few seeds were duds but have two about to finish up right now. they are alot smaller then normal plants but they look like their doing really good. ill probably order more in the future just to have something to do while waiting on others to veg.

Toaster79

Toaster79

Shits and giggles while your photos veg

IMG 20160519 125244

dan1989

dan1989

Perpetual harvests in the same area. If you're using dual spectrum lamps... So I hear

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

Hey so I always wondered why someone would choose autoflower plants? You get smaller yields, less bud quality, can't control when to turn flowering on, you can't transplant, and more. But autoflower seeds seem to sell well, so I am wondering what I am missing here.
They are great for newbies getting started growing Cannabis.

Me. The best medicine i ever used for my Crohns disease is Northern Lights.

Northern Lights is an auto flower.

Thats why i want autoflowers. Northern Lights gave me 20 1/2 weeks between flares.

That was QWISO I extracted. 4.4 grams of medicine out of 26 grams powdery Dry buds.

Then couldn't get ANY more.

Tge only Northern Lights i can find id feminized seeds. I want regular seeds so i can breed and tweak tge strain a bit for my condition

Two.Bears

Two.Bears

chrisl.
Yes autoflower has lower THC.

Northern Lights only has 17% THC and 3% CBD best medicine i ever used. Second best was Blue Dream.

jipp

jipp

iv had no luck with CBD strains.. but then i wont judge such till i grow my own i guess. but i have tried CBD pills.. unfortunately did notihng for me.. but im glad you found a strain that helps you im on the hunt!

chris.

Leew421

Leew421

I beg to differ on autos having lower thc. My mk ultra autos is crazy good and I got a lot considering the overall input. It's a myth to believe that all autos are weak sauce. Best thing to do is on the next freebies choose some autos and check it out.

20170217 132621
jipp

jipp

but dude you could make a tomato grow tri;s. :D

so here is a question. since you can not take a clone.. what happens when the seeds vanish for your fav auto that workes for X condition.. only down side i guess. but i dunno. maybe that will never happen.
chris.

Last edited:
MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Autos were developed to fill in for outdoor crops. So there would be a mid summer harvest as well.

As mentioned above they can be useful in indoor situations.

I started with 5 northern lights autos from greenhouse seeds. I followed their instructions and videos and harvested 15 oz. of really good pot. Better than the dispensary weed around me and better than the black market too.

But it is not in the league of the photoperiod Thai and diesel hybrids I grow now. And the breeder I use breeds autos too but suggests I avoid them if I like what I am growing now. He says I won't like them as much.

There will always be a low THC fast flowering part of an auto breed. They are much better than the originals but for medicine I suggest searching deeper.

I have not found anything potent enough under 10 week flowering times. And cbd strains need to really finish. If cut too early. No cbd usually.

Latest posts

Top Bottom