Whats the real deal?

• Thread starter LightDep530
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
L

LightDep530

Hey Michigan people. Been trying to find info on what you are allowed to do in Mi. Kind of got a headache looking for it. I found you have a 12 plant limit and are allowed to possess 2.5 oz. Are you allowed to have more than that at home? Is that just on the person?
In cali you are allowed to have about a years worth. My county has a 6 mature plant 12 immature with a 2 pound per person limit and if your doctor says you need more it is supposed to hold up in court.
Does your garden need to be locked up? Is an outdoor garden permissible? Are people pulling 5lb+ plants outside like they are here? Everyone talks about the season being short but hell, we don't put out until end of may or june here and like to pull first week of october. Thats fine in MI right?
Thanks and good luck!

C

chillsmoker

you can have twelve plants ( immature/mature doesn't matter) and you can only have up to 2.5 oz in your possession at any time. Now you might try to space it out between different locations as far as weight goes, but I m not sure it would fly. the way around that though is when you harvest, you put your meds into your cure jars and label them with a cure date and stagger it so that you have 10 oz, but label them so that you can snag 2.5 here, 2.5 there etc. As the law states, you can have 2.5 of dry and usable at any time. So the argument with the cure jars is that they are not dry and usable until the cure date on the jar. However, this is one of those things that can go both ways and may have a hassle with LEO interpretation.

As far as outdoors goes, some people are doing it and some aren't. The thing with the outdoors is that it has to be in an "enclosed and locked facility" which means, chain link fences all around with ceiling or a lockable greenhouse. The other bad thing with the outdoor grow in MI is that the LEO knows when harvest is and you can bet if you got those cali monsters out there they will be knocking on the door knowing your over the 2.5 limit. A way around the short season is to veg indoors and then plant out in may, people getting monsters and harvesting late sept, early oct.

You can also get the law offline, just google up michigan medical marihuana law, and everything is laid out in that too. Its just a little vague on somethings and the interpretation is usually taken in favor of law enforcement. Hope that helps man, stay safe and toke on brah!

mittenmedgrow

mittenmedgrow

Hey u ever actuaully see the curing jars thing go to court in michigan. I have been trying to find out as much as I can about actual legal cases but I don't think theres been that many. mi law is very vauge to say the least.

C

chillsmoker

I haven't personally seen anything like that, but there are some excellent lawyers out here that are very helpful if you call them up for a few questions. I ve chatted with them on occasion and even 15/20 min phone calls, the ladies there are pretty helpful. One in particular is Matthew Abel. If you google him up and snag his phone number, give them a ring. They are pretty good at clearing up stuff like that and are pretty helpful about it. His website is kind of weird, its more or less just an ip. Here is the link

L

LightDep530

Thanks chillsmoker. Sounds like lightdep hoophouses with veggies planted around them is the way to go. Don't think I'll be headed there too soon. Maybe after I escape cali and get kicked out of Montana.

C

chillsmoker

no prob man, just glad I could shed a little light. I heard montana is pretty sick too with their mmj game. I would love a little hiatus out to cali and pick up some sick gems to bring to the mitten. such a new state to the game, some ppl are just passin out clones left and right and you have no idea if they are legit or not...kind of sucks. but we do have a decently written law, unless

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Hey Michigan people. Been trying to find info on what you are allowed to do in Mi. Kind of got a headache looking for it. I found you have a 12 plant limit and are allowed to possess 2.5 oz. Are you allowed to have more than that at home? Is that just on the person?
In cali you are allowed to have about a years worth. My county has a 6 mature plant 12 immature with a 2 pound per person limit and if your doctor says you need more it is supposed to hold up in court.
<snipped>
Thanks and good luck!
Hey LightDep, if your county has any limits set then those have been ruled illegal by the Ninth Circuit (IIRC, can't remember which court struck the bill down). SB 420 and any limits held within it are not in line with Prop 215, and any counties or cities that have enacted limits are operating outside of what's permissible within the spectrum of 215. What you want is for your doctor to make absolutely no mention of plant counts or quantities of finished product, just that they feel you'll be helped by using cannabis.

The exception to the limits is IF you have voluntarily acquired the state ID card, which is, again IIRC, the only aspect/feature of SB420 that the court upheld. If you have the card then you are voluntarily limiting yourself to the 12/6 plant count, can't remember the amount of finished product it allows you. This is one big reason why I won't get the state ID card.

O

oglovinlife18

is it tru u need to live in michigan for 5 years to get the card

B

boroboro

is it tru u need to live in michigan for 5 years to get the card

No, I don't think that's true. I know a few people who moved to Michigan inside of the last year or two and have patient and caregiver cards. The only requirement is Michigan residency -- state ID card and address in Michigan.

B

Budders

Just go to:

The law is no secret, if its not in the Michigan Medical Marihuana Act or the Administrative Rules its not a law.

Check it out.
Grow On!

L

LightDep530

Ya Seamaiden,
Our respected doc in this county does write us up for an amount per week. Usually 1/4 oz per patient. I believe it is recommended that you only have one out of county patient. We have one out of county eldorado county spinal injury patient who's doctor does not specify an amount and states that amounts specified by prop215/sb420 are not adequate. 1/4 oz/ week = apx 365 grams/year a bit less than the 2 lbs the county has limited. I interpreted
the possession amount to be equal to a one year's supply, as if one were growing naturally outdoors.
I don't know, other docs write things up big but are not well respected. My last doc is famous for testing your reflexes then sending you on your way with your paperwork. He wrote it up for 5lbs and 24 plants.

L

LightDep530

Oh ya forgot to mention. No state issued cards. Sometimes on the fence on whether we should be a registered collective or not? Trying to keep with the times.

O

oglovinlife18

so you can get more on your plant limit deprending on ur doc or is the 5lbs 24 plants for outdoors....?

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
OG, if your doctor has placed ANY limitors on you, you must adhere to those. This is how I understood my attorney.
Just got done talking to Christopher Glew.
If you dont know who he is google him.

I sent him this.
Hey does having the Cal Health card for MM automatically mean you must comply with SB420
Amdthe 6 mature or 12 imature?
I was told if u get the cali card u limit urself to 6/12?

He sent me this.

"Not true- kelly case is controlling"

Thats what i needed to here! Sik!
That answer is confusing. What does he mean when he says the Kelley case is controlling? My own attorney is "simply" a criminal attorney, we don't have enough people here to have attorneys who specialize in MMJ law, so clarification would be much appreciated! I've also written to Peter Hecht, who writes and edits the Sac Bee's Weed Wars section, and he simply states that the overturning of most of SB420 leaves everyone in a significant state of limbo and confusion.

I know this much--I do NOT want to become anyone's test case.
Ya Seamaiden,
Our respected doc in this county does write us up for an amount per week. Usually 1/4 oz per patient. I believe it is recommended that you only have one out of county patient. We have one out of county eldorado county spinal injury patient who's doctor does not specify an amount and states that amounts specified by prop215/sb420 are not adequate. 1/4 oz/ week = apx 365 grams/year a bit less than the 2 lbs the county has limited. I interpreted
the possession amount to be equal to a one year's supply, as if one were growing naturally outdoors.
I don't know, other docs write things up big but are not well respected. My last doc is famous for testing your reflexes then sending you on your way with your paperwork. He wrote it up for 5lbs and 24 plants.
You might want to consider speaking with my own doc who's in Carmichael. Philip Denney. I'm going from what *my* attorney explained to me, and this was after I was visited by our local narcotics task force (your patient in El Dorado has a new sheriff, D'Agostini, he came from this task force in my county), and that was that *if* my doctor had placed any limits on my growing then the police could, and would, use that against me. My doctor apparently already knew this, we did have some discussion verbally on quantities back in April when I renewed, but he never put anything in the recommendation itself. He's expensive as recommending docs go, but he's also guaranteeing me his availability for any reason--medical or legal--for that price. Since my own father is a doctor I tend to be extremely scrutinizing when it comes to doctors for anything I might visit one for.

Sorry Michiganers, I don't mean to take this thread elsewhere. I do think it's somewhat pertinent in that it demonstrates how very different each state is in how it handles the MMJ issue.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Thank you very much, GoD. I would actually like to know for sure what that ruling means, in real legal terms, for the rest of us.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
THAT explains why they were asking me the questions they were in the manner they were (the task force). You should have seen their faces when I told them how much I consume on a daily basis, they about pissed their pants. LMAO! Of course, my total consumption was something I hadn't thought much about until they showed up, I just knew that I definitely smoke more than I used to now that I can grow as much as I need.

Mr. Glew is otherwise mirroring precisely what others have told me. We voters have created a bit of a mess, haven't we? Time to call for a thread split, methinks.

F

f1ydave

Still fun to read even if its about Cali! Who knows what hurdles we will jump this year. We have 1 Michigan advocacy group that formed, took credit for multiple other groups and somehow worked its way into prosecutor/court and is spreading bad information about caregivers and patients.

I think they are funded by big pharma. Should be an interesting battle this year. Michigan voted in a straight republican ticket. Governor, next 2 positions, both houses, etc. This state is almost as bad as the Cali communists when it comes to those progressivism ideals. A full 180 is something we can hope for and full entrepreneurship in support of MM would be nice.

Top Bottom