What's the shelf life of buds.

• Thread starter growsince79
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

My cured buds are noticably weaker after one year and garbage imo in less than 2. Every grower I know says the same.
One grower on this site (tasty buds)is telling everyone that his buds last forever. Anyone else think buds last forever.
How long does your buds last before turning into cbn?

the rrock

the rrock

I occasionally smoke bud oveer 2 years old,that has been stored in jars,room temp darkness. Starts turning brownish with time but still has same effect, all indica(rom,herijuana,black domina) I use it for insomnia and it seems as potent as it was when fresh.Not sure what cbn is

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I recently found a couple of stashed jars I forgot about when I moved here. That made them over 5 years old. The jars were not vacuum sealed but stuck closed from internal negative pressure during curing.

the weed is a strain from CH9 called Flower. It is almost pure sativa. I know it was green when I jarred it but is is quite red like old Panama red now.

it smells very strong and I burped it some and it smelled pretty good again. But the effects are mild now. They were strong and psychedelic back then.

And I also notice less potency in more than 6 month old or so jars. The weed degrades unless vacuum sealed. And maybe then too.

imo

Rootbound

Rootbound

Supporter
My cured buds are noticably weaker after one year and garbage imo in less than 2. Every grower I know says the same.
One grower on this site (tasty buds)is telling everyone that his buds last forever. Anyone else think buds last forever.
How long does your buds last before turning into cbn?
They deteriorate over time. Vacuum sealed and kept in the deepfreeze works great for long term. I dont put much credibility to what that guy says.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

How long do you think frozen hash could last?
I'm thinking a long time, like years, unless you take it out a lot, let moisture condense on it...

People are making a good point that I need to get a second refrigerator or freezer, ASAP.

growsince79

growsince79

I'm thinking a long time, like years, unless you take it out a lot, let moisture condense on it...

People are making a good point that I need to get a second refrigerator or freezer, ASAP.
That's kinda what I was thinking too. I don't notice any loss on one year old fudge so far. I never froze it plain.

NrthTaylor

NrthTaylor

That's kinda what I was thinking too. I don't notice any loss on one year old fudge so far. I never froze it plain.
Kind of off topic but have you ever posted your fudge recipe? Been wanting to make infused peanut butter fudge for awhile now.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Toss in some o2 absorbers and vacuum seal. Store Ina cool dark place. Should last yrs.

growsince79

growsince79

Toss in some o2 absorbers and vacuum seal. Store Ina cool dark place. Should last yrs.
Kind of off topic but have you ever posted your fudge recipe? Been wanting to make infused peanut butter fudge for awhile now.
Just whatever the fudge recipe is and add decarbed kif 20 grams for 80 pieces. Its the easy cheater way to make fudge. Stir decarbed kif into melted butter, add chocolate chips and can milk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom