What's up with 2022's weed culture; Can hardly smell it. no loud verities, no awesome taste, no expansion. no high!!!

• Thread starter JANSSON
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
J

JANSSON

Here in Florida, we have Med Grade dispensaries everywhere. I've sampled several of the top shelf strains, all said to be the bomb, all listed with at least a 20.23 THC rating. Nothing loud, not even close. None of them ever expand in your lounges, and in my 55 years' experience if it does not expand in your lungs, it not worth smoking. Growers today would love for us to forget how weed used to be. All Premo expands. If it doesn't it has no business on the shelf period, much less at the top. I hate to say it but I've smoked babbied that gave me a better high.
Some of us smokers are waking up to the crap, returning to the street market, though that to has been affected by todays growing standards--rapid cash crops over quality control--and it's getting old.

2Bad

2Bad

Here in Florida, we have Med Grade dispensaries everywhere. I've sampled several of the top shelf strains, all said to be the bomb, all listed with at least a 20.23 THC rating. Nothing loud, not even close. None of them ever expand in your lounges, and in my 55 years' experience if it does not expand in your lungs, it not worth smoking. Growers today would love for us to forget how weed used to be. All Premo expands. If it doesn't it has no business on the shelf period, much less at the top. I hate to say it but I've smoked babbied that gave me a better high.
Some of us smokers are waking up to the crap, returning to the street market, though that to has been affected by todays growing standards--rapid cash crops over quality control--and it's getting old.
I mean the only way to find out if something is worth smoking is by smelling it if you still have the ability. I know not everyone has the same capabilities. But if I can't smell what I like to smell from my dispensary I will walk out empty handed. That's why I always stock up when I find something worth it.

Peat_Phreak

Peat_Phreak

I haven't heard anyone talk about "expansion weed" for a very long time. Maybe because it's not really a thing. The same is true for "creeper weed". Not really a thing. Urban legends.

There are plenty of great strains out there. But you pretty much have to grow it yourself to get impressive flavors and aromas.

I'm sure there are some great dispensaries somewhere, but there are probably a lot more mediocre dispensaries all over the place.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I haven't heard anyone talk about "expansion weed" for a very long time. Maybe because it's not really a thing. The same is true for "creeper weed". Not really a thing. Urban legends.

There are plenty of great strains out there. But you pretty much have to grow it yourself to get impressive flavors and aromas.

I'm sure there are some great dispensaries somewhere, but there are probably a lot more mediocre dispensaries all over the place.
It is a thing and not an urban legend,both expansion and creeper, real creeper is phenotype that weeps to the ground but people have replaced creeper to mean the effects take time to hit and builds.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Aprox where in Fla ya at ? Dispos all suck here

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

I haven’t had creeper since the 90’s. I figured it had been bred out
Creepers are narrow blade drug plants from the near the equator/tropics,they usually grow where it's humid,They don't really develop a centralized cola but many big ones everywhere. It's a rare pheno but still grows in the wild.They grow more like a vine and sometimes branches touch the ground and root like a cutting. They are hard to reproduce and no one I have heard of offers a true creeper in seed form ,breeding attempts have not been able to reproduce them and have subsequent generations of creepers, it seems to breed out seed after seed.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Same thing happened in Michigan. Back before 2018, medical caregivers supplied the bulk of the dispensary weed available at your favorite shop. Caregivers took pride in their products and for the most part, top shelf was top shelf. In 2018 recreational was made legal. From that point everything changed.

My answer was to start growing my own again. I don't know Florida laws. I do know Michigan is pretty lenient allowing 12 plants per adult household. If you're able to grow, its the easiest way to get back to the quality standards you like.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Creeper was from Uzbekistan yo
Same thing happened in Michigan. Back before 2018, medical caregivers supplied the bulk of the dispensary weed available at your favorite shop. Caregivers took pride in their products and for the most part, top shelf was top shelf. In 2018 recreational was made legal. From that point everything changed.

My answer was to start growing my own again. I don't know Florida laws. I do know Michigan is pretty lenient allowing 12 plants per adult household. If you're able to grow, its the easiest way to get back to the quality standards you like.
That is lenient compared to canada where it's 4.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That is lenient compared to canada where it's 4.
As far as I know, its the most lenient state when it comes to personal grows. 12 plants per adult household. Must be able to be secured (a lock on the door), and not in direct view of the neighbors. The penalty for being over your plant count is a $100 fine and loss of plants ... unless they can prove your operation is for commercial purposes.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

As far as I know, its the most lenient state when it comes to personal grows. 12 plants per adult household. Must be able to be secured (a lock on the door), and not in direct view of the neighbors. The penalty for being over your plant count is a $100 fine and loss of plants ... unless they can prove your operation is for commercial purposes.
That's a good deal, here it's 4 plants per household and they doubled the fines and prison sentences.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

That's a good deal, here it's 4 plants per household and they doubled the fines and prison sentences.
You can also gift up to 2.5 oz of flower or 15g of concentrate per adult over the age of 21. You're not allowed to sell it ... although around here, the price of weed has dropped considerably from a year ago. Neighbor says he's only getting $100 an oz these days.

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

You can also gift up to 2.5 oz of flower or 15g of concentrate per adult over the age of 21. You're not allowed to sell it ... although around here, the price of weed has dropped considerably from a year ago. Neighbor says he's only getting $100 an oz these days.
we have 30 gram limit for possession per person, I don't think there's a limit as to how much you can have in your house at a time,or at least I've never heard of a limit, so theoretically you could have hundreds of pounds if you just stored it year after year. Mids go for $400 1/4 lb in my area, you can get $200 if it's connoisseur to a niche market.

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Without plants, 10 oz in the home. With plants, as long as its from your own plants ... unlimited.

I've yet to hear of anyone getting in trouble for any of this. Unless you're either in the wrong place at the wrong time or really careless in how you handle yourself, you'll likely get away with any amount in my area.

GrowHobo

GrowHobo

Same in Cali rec weed sucks

Moshmen

Moshmen

Fla should be on the ballot for rec in 2024 current bill will allow 12 plants as well ! Right now it’s currently highly frowned upon 🫢

Latest posts

Top Bottom