What's up with 2022's weed culture; Can hardly smell it. no loud verities, no awesome taste, no expansion. no high!!!

• Thread starter JANSSON
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
shaganja

shaganja

I think there are a couple reasons.
Weed was illegal in all the states, and getting busted made them change from skunk plants to hash plants. They didnt smell as much. And the growing went indoors. Even tho we thought hydro was the bomb, something about the indoor environment vs. Sungrown that makes the difference. Maybe its uv. Maybe its mycillium. Maybe its defense mechanisms, only needed outdoors. But there seems to be something from outdoor that indoor cannot match. And finally, we began breeding away from thiols, and more toward fruit flavors. I believe we have to go back to the 80's and 90's genetics, and landrace genetics also. Not sure we will find those loud plants breeding with modern day hybrids. Too bottlenecked. These thiols are no longer in the genetics. We didnt realize, that when we chase thc, we forget about the other things that also matter, and lose them in the process

GHOST_2O4

GHOST_2O4

i can get dispenasry stuff here in canada that presses into some fire rosin. just gotta always check package date and terp info.
ROSIN

Buzzzz

Buzzzz

Weed was illegal in all the states, and getting busted made them change from skunk plants to hash plants. They didnt smell as much. And the growing went indoors. Even tho we thought hydro was the bomb, something about the indoor environment vs. Sungrown that makes the difference. Maybe its uv. Maybe its mycillium. Maybe its defense mechanisms, only needed outdoors. But there seems to be something from outdoor that indoor cannot match. And finally, we began breeding away from thiols, and more toward fruit flavors. I believe we have to go back to the 80's and 90's genetics, and landrace genetics also. Not sure we will find those loud plants breeding with modern day hybrids. Too bottlenecked. These thiols are no longer in the genetics. We didnt realize, that when we chase thc, we forget about the other things that also matter, and lose them in the process
Cannabis goes weedy left on it's own, it's mission is to reproduce ,only proper selection keeps great strains great,that's why even some powerhouse strains of the old days are not representative of what they used to be.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Agreed with most cept I’ll put my indoor up against any outdoor! Indoor grows rule the quality realm !

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

indoors is best when you absolutely nail it. outdoors is more forgiving for most. And still really damn good when you nail it.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

root space per plant and sun penetration.
Sunlight might not be fine tunable for the best top buds. But it penetrates a whole plant like nothing else.

J

JANSSON

Fla should be on the ballot for rec in 2024 current bill will allow 12 plants as well ! Right now it’s currently highly frowned upon 🫢
Florida politics are tricky as a Russian War Plan, first we have the Seminoles' who would love to corner the Florida Weed Market. And maybe has a right to. Than we have a thriving Latino community with strong marketing ties with South America and all point in between. Not to mention the rest of the global community who give Miami its statis as an International Destination. Giving pot the green light for rec usage in Florida would launch a new form of weed wars Desantos and his boys just aren't ready to deal with yet. It'll be like Cowboys & Indians being invaded by a Monster Wave of Foreign Money Junkies. You see...very tricky.

2Bad

2Bad

Ahhh I want some thiols weed.. For real.

growsince79

growsince79

Here in Florida, we have Med Grade dispensaries everywhere. I've sampled several of the top shelf strains, all said to be the bomb, all listed with at least a 20.23 THC rating. Nothing loud, not even close. None of them ever expand in your lounges, and in my 55 years' experience if it does not expand in your lungs, it not worth smoking. Growers today would love for us to forget how weed used to be. All Premo expands. If it doesn't it has no business on the shelf period, much less at the top. I hate to say it but I've smoked babbied that gave me a better high.
Some of us smokers are waking up to the crap, returning to the street market, though that to has been affected by todays growing standards--rapid cash crops over quality control--and it's getting old.
You want expando weed, just take good bud, add spider mites and bird shit, then cure it outdoors in the sun and rain. When its almost dry, press it into a brick and wait a year to smoke it.

Moshmen

Moshmen

Florida politics are tricky as a Russian War Plan, first we have the Seminoles' who would love to corner the Florida Weed Market. And maybe has a right to. Than we have a thriving Latino community with strong marketing ties with South America and all point in between. Not to mention the rest of the global community who give Miami its statis as an International Destination. Giving pot the green light for rec usage in Florida would launch a new form of weed wars Desantos and his boys just aren't ready to deal with yet. It'll be like Cowboys & Indians being invaded by a Monster Wave of Foreign Money Junkies. You see...very tricky.
No all the major licensing has already been done thru the med market so your large corps will take already be in control the market just gets bigger- personally I don’t care I just want to grow my meds at home legally ! And I’ll be happy

MIGrampaUSA

MIGrampaUSA

Agreed with most cept I’ll put my indoor up against any outdoor! Indoor grows rule the quality realm !
Usually, yes

indoors is best when you absolutely nail it. outdoors is more forgiving for most. And still really damn good when you nail it.

True ... but then there's greenhouse grows. Kind of a hybrid of both indoor and outdoor, and done right you can get the best of both worlds. There are plenty of challenges for greenhouse growers so it's not nearly as easy as it sounds.

J

JANSSON

I don't know back in the day we used to get hash that most definitely expanded your lungs, now what they call hash tastes like particular board, however back in the day really good weed had a thca content of around 15%, there is a thing I heard about, if you are an everyday heavy smoker, or constantly smoke shatter or dabs you cease to get high, the weed I grow is probably around 22% to 25% thca, 3 nice puffs and I'm baked, maybe a break for a month will lower your tolerance.
For me it's not so much a tolerance issue, rather than a "Florida Restrictions" Issue. About 95% of the weed sold in Florida is Med Grade strains of Hemp Flower, not the more THC rich strains of cannabis bud being sold in the "REC LEGAL STATES",
There are other resources, thank the weed gods, otherwise I'd have quite five years ago when the Florida weed market started to go south. I do not care for Med-grades, have never cared for med-grades and seriously doubt I ever will.to me it's like smoking cigarettes, no buzz, high cost, low grade smoke. I quite cigs 40 years ago and now just smoke buds. The entire weed scene Florida has really changed, the greediest Money Junkies on the Planet have Beach-front houses they hardly ever see...but their greedy little fingerprints are all over everything.

J

JANSSON

Or go to a local dispensary ,sometimes they've done it for you.
Would you really smoke something like that? Quick! Some body hand this man a joint of the good stuff so he can see what we're talking about. That is definitely the batch we need to avoid. and dispensary weed is lamb. I have more trust in our local street-dealers then I do for the Med-Grade shops--which are all under the control of Government Money Junkies. That's here in Florida. Good weed can still get you locked-up here. If your state is not legal for recreational use yet than chances are you have very little real dope in your town.

J

JANSSON

I have a friend who bought cbd oil caps off the reserve,he doesn't smoke,for his dog. Now how would anyone know the appropriate dosage or even trust the content or extraction methos etc,let alone know if it works on the dog,(providing it actually is cbd processed properly)? like thc content it's marketing and people will buy into it.
Scary but true. Yet you can only fool the public for so long. people talk about shit. BS just don't fly as far as it used too. today we have internet and people like us making full use of it. It's called "The Age Of Trancparency." and our politicians are hating it.

weed420420420420420

weed420420420420420

There are a lot of differences between commercial growing and growing for the love of the plant. These differences show up in the product.

We all know dispensary weed isn't as good as what we produce ourselves. That's why we grow it. The REASON dispensary weed isn't as good? The answer to that means nothing to me.
Ive seen people go back to heroin and die when the weed wasn't good enough. Yes it can replace it for some. Im sure not all.
There's a little reason they call it herijuana. And then weve got northern lights. And things like BOGs lsd.
All sorts of diesels and chems that get nice and big.
Wedding cake gets nice and big and is decent.
There is such a thing as going big and good.

Latest posts

Top Bottom