Whats up with this little lady?

• Thread starter Swegrow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Swegrow

Swegrow

One of my seedlings are looking strange, leaves are harder and thicker than normal. Im curious if you experienced growers know whats up with her? About 2 weeks from germination, grown in soil. Others planted at the same time look fine. .She grows as fast as the rest of them. Thing is I forgot to write what strain she is on the cup. That one was the ONLY one out of 12 I missed. :)

Whats up with this little lady

Whats up with this little lady 2

Vagician

Vagician

It strangely resembles reveg growth. Maybe the seedling didn't like the pinch and that stunted her a bit. There's also a little bit of a leaf curl on the newest leaves, do you have some sort of magnification to check for pests?

Swegrow

Swegrow

It strangely resembles reveg growth. Maybe the seedling didn't like the pinch and that stunted her a bit. There's also a little bit of a leaf curl on the newest leaves, do you have some sort of magnification to check for pests?

Yeah I thought the leaves looked revegged too. I did check with my magnifiers and it looks normal to me, just curled up and "thickening". If there is a pest I dont detect I should destroy it to not spread anything to the others, but now im kind of intrigued to see what she is going to grow into =)

Vagician

Vagician

Definitely give her a few days to see if she pulls out of it. Some plants simply don't like being pinched. As long as there's no pest issues and she can keep up, might as well see what she's capable of. Are all 12 different cultivars?

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
It looks like a sloppy pinch... in no way an insult, but this can happen if you don't make a clean cut and a little bit of leaf material remains when you pinched it off. The plant continues to grow, but is a little mangled from the slightly defective pinch. It should revert back pretty quickly. This same thing can happen if you pull the membrane off of the initial seed leaves... it can damage it slightly, causing problems that usually fix themselves. Sometimes, however, you just get a funky plant.

Swegrow

Swegrow

Oh, I forgot to mention she was grown from seed. An autoflower. And I did not trim or do anything at all but plant her!

dire wolf

dire wolf

Hey swegrow , did you "pinch" the plant ? "Top" the plant ?

dire wolf

dire wolf

Sorry , just posted before your text came up , yea i wasnt sure why everybody was coming to this pinching conclusion.....

Swegrow

Swegrow

Sorry , just posted before your text came up , yea i wasnt sure why everybody was coming to this pinching conclusion.....

It does like it since the new pair of leaves grows to the side though. Its a mystery plant that one

Swegrow

Swegrow

It looks like a sloppy pinch... in no way an insult, but this can happen if you don't make a clean cut and a little bit of leaf material remains when you pinched it off. The plant continues to grow, but is a little mangled from the slightly defective pinch. It should revert back pretty quickly. This same thing can happen if you pull the membrane off of the initial seed leaves... it can damage it slightly, causing problems that usually fix themselves. Sometimes, however, you just get a funky plant.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge! I will make a note for future use for sure!

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Probably a mutant if all the others are fine. Is it getting enough light?
no nutes for a couple weeks. the seed carries enough food for the first couple weeks.
very important for a wet/dry! cycle
holes in bottom and sides of cup, roots need air!
maybe move her a bit away from the light too.

Swegrow

Swegrow

@Homesteder Same light as the others who are looking great!

@GNick55 Only water and the cup got holes in both bottom and sides, drains fine!

Swegrow

Swegrow

Transplantet to fabric pots during the weeknd and its a strange plant. Seems to spread out in all directions

20200309 155657

20200309 155804

Swegrow

Swegrow

So once in a while they grow like that give it time eventually it will catch up, it's a genetic thing with the growth tip

Thank you. Yes, since she started to take off after transplant Im now really looking forward to se what she turns in to!

Swegrow

Swegrow

This is her today. She topped herself absolutely beautiful and the taller she gets the more healthy leaves there is. I removed the fat mutated leaves but other than that I did not top or do anything else with her.

20200315 163739

Top Bottom