Whats with MMJ prices?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Please delete this if the discussion of prices aren't allowed, but in the progressive state of Pennsylvania, the MMJ program is nothing short of a cash grab, with a tightly controlled and well connected group that seems to call the shots with no consequence other than the users complaining about prices. The grows are all provided by larger companies with no private contributions or cultivation allowed. The prices are crazy, and the product is purchased sight unseen, since you aren't allowed to display it at the dispensary or let it be inspected. Toda they had a nice sale going on, with 1/8ths offered for up to $55, and grams for a more affordable price of up to $22 (maybe more, they don't advertise publicly). $440 for an Oz of bone dry stemmy/seedy mmj? Naw...you can't buy Oz's...just 1/8ths! Half gram oils for only $70 And they wonder why people are complaining about prices!

Kingjoshh

Kingjoshh

ive been robbed blind that why i decided to grow. but with the 1 year wait it takes for your papers to be approved its just foul . really upsets me that the only thing that helps was 12 dollers a gram with tax plus shipping. oh and i got 30 percent off because i made less then a certain amount of money and it was still too much

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
People are always going to complain so they might as well give them something to complain about lol.
They are seeing tax dollar signs and that’s all that matters. Don’t worry eventually you will get $100 ounces or less out the door. Once big Corp. sets up. I’m sure snoop dog or Tupac will have a few mega crops going soon.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
When its only medical allowed there is a price hike. Black market stays higher priced too. Once the state goes rec all hell breaks loose.

Thats whats about to happen here.
Imo rec only takes out the guygrowing for himself and making a few bucks from his friends. All those friends will soon be costumers of the shops leaving the grower with just an expensive hobby.
For the guys making a living you just have to adapt, if you were getting 3 k fora lb before then you need to triple your output if your only making 1k per pound. The guys who find the best exporters will make it the longest.
I’m still here lol

1diesel1

1diesel1

Staff
Supporter
State flooded the market trying to bury the black market. Idiots had no idea what there doing. Now if they stoped all the legal growers there’s enough product to last 6 years, lol. Now they can’t figure out what to do. There thinking to limit the amount of growers that can get new licenses but they’ve given out to many. It’s comical to watch idiots and it’s all over tax revenue.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

State flooded the market trying to bury the black market. Idiots had no idea what there doing. Now if they stoped all the legal growers there’s enough product to last 6 years, lol. Now they can’t figure out what to do. There thinking to limit the amount of growers that can get new licenses but they’ve given out to many. It’s comical to watch idiots and it’s all over tax revenue.
Check this out! MAJOR!!!!

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
Does "Keystone Cops" come to mind? Pa has it kind of screwy... they control who gets the grow permits, although I don't know how much they really make from taxing it, since it is medical only. I tried to look up the tax code, but the only tax base I found was the $200K application fee, which was required to accompany all applications and was non refundable. Many cried foul, but now it's in limbo. Still no private growers, all big canna names.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

Please delete this if the discussion of prices aren't allowed, but in the progressive state of Pennsylvania, the MMJ program is nothing short of a cash grab, with a tightly controlled and well connected group that seems to call the shots with no consequence other than the users complaining about prices. The grows are all provided by larger companies with no private contributions or cultivation allowed. The prices are crazy, and the product is purchased sight unseen, since you aren't allowed to display it at the dispensary or let it be inspected. Toda they had a nice sale going on, with 1/8ths offered for up to $55, and grams for a more affordable price of up to $22 (maybe more, they don't advertise publicly). $440 for an Oz of bone dry stemmy/seedy mmj? Naw...you can't buy Oz's...just 1/8ths! Half gram oils for only $70 And they wonder why people are complaining about prices!
That's ridiculous. I'm paying $50 a quarter and that's too much.

TerriR

TerriR

N.M. just raised the number of plants for commercial growers from 400 to 2500 per grower! that seems like flooding the market to me but what do I know? I prefer my yummy sticky buds to the dry crunchy stuff they have.

Popdee

Popdee

OK the state I'm in just announced it was going legal in January, the 11th. Until my girl finishes, I'm still "corner buying". An eighth of good unnamed for $25-30 is sounding better that any dispensary. I wonder if legalization will boost corner prices as well? At least I'll be able to grow without fear in 6 months.
Over and out Popdee

TerriR

TerriR

OK the state I'm in just announced it was going legal in January, the 11th. Until my girl finishes, I'm still "corner buying". An eighth of good unnamed for $25-30 is sounding better that any dispensary. I wonder if legalization will boost corner prices as well? At least I'll be able to grow without fear in 6 months.
Over and out Popdee
I suspect prices go up because upon legalization everyone can “come out of the closet”

Dirtbag

Dirtbag

Supporter
In Canada it's really expensive for the legal rec pot. Like $300-$400 per oz, because you can only buy it by the gram for $11-15 a pop.

Better pot is available from BM dealers for $80-120 an oz. Curious to see how this plays out over the long term.

Latest posts

Top Bottom