Whats with MMJ prices?

• Thread starter Jimster
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
With everyone growing, the prices will typically go down, but probably not in the dispensaries, where they get guaranteed high prices and a captive market. The wholesale price will drop, like it has out west, on the black market. The states will counter it by enacting big fines for unauthorized growing, ensuring that folks will either be criminals or be forced to pay state sponsored prices. 100/Oz VS $500/Oz? You know how this is going to end. Bootlegging and moonshine are pretty common in this area, still. I think most folks will go with saving money. Of course, most of the MMJ patients want their medicine to be paid for by the govt, so the crazy prices won't bother them. Smoking really helps me out physically, but I wouldn't expect the govt to pay for it any more than I would expect them to buy me a bee

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

For the past 5 years there have been numerous non licensed dispensaries around my area. One I used the most had moved several times and I followed. Great prices. I had been paying $50 a quarter. I was there last on 4/20. Since then they got closed down. So I just did a search and all the others are gone now too. The few open are double the price I was paying. We the People voted for legalisation so of course the government has to step in and fuck everything up, as usual. Just another reason to grow my own.

Trustfall

Trustfall

Supporter
For the past 5 years there have been numerous non licensed dispensaries around my area. One I used the most had moved several times and I followed. Great prices. I had been paying $50 a quarter. I was there last on 4/20. Since then they got closed down. So I just did a search and all the others are gone now too. The few open are double the price I was paying. We the People voted for legalisation so of course the government has to step in and fuck everything up, as usual. Just another reason to grow my own.
Your in Southern California paying $50 a quarter?? And now $100?? Those are pre legalization numbers.

TerriR

TerriR

I prefer what I grow myself...and with seeds I can grow much better strains. Seems the dispensaries have to grow strains that produce consistent volume, etc where I can concentrate on things that require more care...I could be wrong...I mean Jungle Boys seems to have some excellent product. plus I know what got sprayed on them.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I prefer what I grow myself...and with seeds I can grow much better strains. Seems the dispensaries have to grow strains that produce consistent volume, etc where I can concentrate on things that require more care...I could be wrong...I mean Jungle Boys seems to have some excellent product. plus I know what got sprayed on them.
I'm pissed. I'm still over a month away from my first small harvest this year so I'll have to pay the higher price this month and make it last until I have my own dried and cured. Government regulation makes prices rise with everything.

In the future I'll be buying seeds instead and keep my greenhouse full and locked up.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

I'm pissed. I'm still over a month away from my first small harvest this year so I'll have to pay the higher price this month and make it last until I have my own dried and cured. Government regulation makes prices rise with everything.

In the future I'll be buying seeds instead and keep my greenhouse full and locked up.
If your dispensary product is as bad as ours in Nevada..you will be amazed at what you can grow!
The ONLY reason that I would buy anything from a dispensary is to try it before I grow it!:smoking:

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

If your dispensary product is as bad as ours in Nevada..you will be amazed at what you can grow!
The ONLY reason that I would buy anything from a dispensary is to try it before I grow it!:smoking:
I was getting good quality from all of them and I've been growing many years. The problem is the same ol same ol gets old and of course I'd run out. I'd always buy a qtr of sativa and one of Indica, different strains each month. It was great but now it's getting out of hand. I don't know anyone who sells it black market. I have a client who grows professionally but he doesn't sell retail, always tips me with a nice bag and gave me the line I'm currently growing, Chemdog x Brutus OG. Good stuff but I had only grow outside once per year. I started some seeds this year end of Jan hoping to produce extra large plants but they started flowering over a month ago so I'll have some in a couple of months. I've started more seeds every month since and will have those ready by Dec. Wonderful for my bday, Christmas and New Year but the next couple of months are gonna cost me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom