What's wrong with my OG Kush?

• Thread starter Geronimo86
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Geronimo86

Geronimo86

Planted this Og kush seed in the first week of April. Was giving it a 7.2 ph water and it was doing fine, then I switched to a 6.5 pH when the buds showed up, and transfered it to a bigger container with with a harder soil. I'm obliged to keep it outside and giving it a 12-13 hours of sunlight per day and 1 liter of water. Never had any major problems until 2 days ago when the leaves became brownish and harder.
Never gave her any food/nutrients so maybe I should give her some now.

Please advise me on how to proceed from now on regarding the quantity of water, sun and nutrients in order to help this beautiful plant regain it's health and give good buds.
Thanks in advance for your advises

Whats wrong with my og kush
Whats wrong with my og kush 2
Kampbe1l

Kampbe1l

if this is the only thing which has changed - then this may be a sign of pH imbalance/fluctuation. 7.2 pH to 6.5 pH is a big jump, which the plants would react to. feeding it now might compound this issue, so you would want to be gentle on diluted nutrient, if at all. the plant doesn't look particularly hungry, it looks like damage from pH imbalance/fluctuation.

typical symptoms of underfeeding is the yellowing of the leaves starting from the base of the plant, gradually moving up to the newest growth. so, it's not a case of underfeeding.

7.2 pH seems high to me, but the plant was doing ok at that level. adjust the watering/feed back towards 7.2 pH to see how plant reacts.

maybe you should do a slurry test and test of the run-off, to determine the correct range pH for its watering/feeding.

Last edited:
Geronimo86

Geronimo86

if this is the only thing which has changed - then this may be a sign of pH imbalance/fluctuation. 7.2 pH to 6.5 pH is a big jump, which the plants would react to. feeding it now might compound this issue, so you would want to be gentle on diluted nutrient, if at all. the plant doesn't look particularly hungry, it looks like damage from pH imbalance/fluctuation.

typical symptoms of underfeeding is the yellowing of the leaves starting from the base of the plant, gradually moving up to the newest growth. so, it's not a case of underfeeding.

7.2 pH seems high to me, but the plant was doing ok at that level. adjust the watering/feed back towards 7.2 pH to see how plant reacts.

maybe you should do a slurry test and test of the run-off, to determine the correct range pH for its watering/feeding.
Thanks a million man for this advice! I will try to bounce back to 7.2 and let you know of the results
The soil has changed as well though. I transported it from a black peat moss substrate to a dark brown colored soil i found around where I live

Geronimo86

Geronimo86

You were VERY right. This morning I back flipped the plant from the pot. I was not surprised to see that the roots simply couldn't penetrate the new medium. So I removed all the newly added soil, replaced it with peat moss again and watered it with half a liter of water with dissolved nutrients in it to give it a lil boost.
I hope this puts us back on the right track.

Roots
Last edited:
Reactions: Ina
Top Bottom