What's wrong with my plants?

• Thread starter bucksid8
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
bucksid8

bucksid8

Can anyone help me figure out what's wrong with these plants? I'm running advanced nutrients in a recirculating aeroponic system with 240w LED panels. I keep the PPM around 1000 and try not to ever let it get above 1100. I'm not able to run A/C in my grow room so it gets up to 90F most days and the humidity sits around 65% with the dehum running full blast.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Whats wrong with my plants
Whats wrong with my plants 2

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

When you say try not to let it get above 1100, yet your at 1000ppm, is it climbing on you? If it is I'd suggest lowering it down to 900. It should slowly drop on you not increase.

Id like to hear I'm keeping it at 900, no lower than 800. Meaning ppm slowly drops over time.

They just look heavy. I'd say ur mix is good just too strong? If it's rising on you, I'm prolly correct. If your ppm is not increasing and stable, turn up ur light about 5% using a lux meter and simple math.

bucksid8

bucksid8

When you say try not to let it get above 1100, yet your at 1000ppm, is it climbing on you? If it is I'd suggest lowering it down to 900. It should slowly drop on you not increase.

Id like to hear I'm keeping it at 900, no lower than 800. Meaning ppm slowly drops over time.

They just look heavy. I'd say ur mix is good just too strong? If it's rising on you, I'm prolly correct. If your ppm is not increasing and stable, turn up ur light about 5% using a lux meter and simple math.
Yes, the ppm climbs about 100 per day, I'm not sure if its because of the nature of the system of because I have a dehum constantly running?
But yea I'll try lowering it to 900. Just not sure why it fluctuates so much :/

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

Yeah I'd lrob be at like 600-800ppm and clean up some of the plants. Doesn't look like they have much room for airflow.

Cashmeh

Cashmeh

Yes, the ppm climbs about 100 per day, I'm not sure if its because of the nature of the system of because I have a dehum constantly running?
But yea I'll try lowering it to 900. Just not sure why it fluctuates so much :/
For sure go lower than 900. 100ppm increase a day is way to much. You should be looking for a 10ppm drop in two days.

Id say lower it to 600 and go from there.

On a shitty system high ppm is ok because theres no circulation or good air mixture. Yet on an aero, you are giving it the best water/feed/air mixture available in a hydro system. If your live your ppm could be a little higher than usual, yet if your sterile, it should be really really low. I'd say 600ppm for sterile and since you will have more additives in live maybe 700.

Just remember too much nutrients causes issues, not enough nutrients just slows the growth, perfect ratios is what you want.

Lower it drastically and you won't have to mess with it all the time too. Good luck man, keep us updated.

bucksid8

bucksid8

For sure go lower than 900. 100ppm increase a day is way to much. You should be looking for a 10ppm drop in two days.

On a shitty system high ppm is ok because theres no circulation or good air mixture. Yet on an aero, you are giving it the best water/feed/air mixture available in a hydro system. If your live your ppm could be a little higher than usual, yet if your sterile, it should be really really low. I'd say 600ppm for sterile and since you will have more additives in live maybe 700.

Just remember too much nutrients causes issues, not enough nutrients just slows the growth, perfect ratios is what you want.

Lower it drastically and you won't have to mess with it all the time too. Good luck man, keep us updated.
Thanks for the advice man, I'll try lowering to 600 and see what happens. Appreciate it

ComfortablyNumb

ComfortablyNumb

Get some serious airflow in there.
Did you spray the plant? It's deep green and clawing.
What were your before and after ppm's?

bucksid8

bucksid8

Get some serious airflow in there.
Did you spray the plant? It's deep green and clawing.
What were your before and after ppm's?
I’ll do some defoliation on them. I didn’t spray them with anything, no. And the PPM was sitting around 1000. I just started lowering it to 600 after reading cashmehs reply

bucksid8

bucksid8

Ok so I lowered the PPM down to 700 and the stems and top leaves turned dark purple. The bottom leaves are still green but the very top ones are purple/yellow and starting to crisp up like they're dying.

IMG 2579
IMG 2578

Top Bottom