Whats wrong with the little blighter

• Thread starter TimboSlice
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TimboSlice

TimboSlice

On the left is a Photo Period P. Punch

On the right Auto GSC

Both seeds were put to water at same time.

Clearly the one on the right / the auto is significantly ahead a looks a champion where as my female looks like a lame duck.

Approx 10 days since put to the cup and under light.

Light is a ts1000

Had 2 waterings with nutes.

In a 1L mix

Canna a + b 3ml each
Advanced nutrients Cal mag 2ml
Advanced nutrient Bud candy 2ml
Advanced nutrients Voodoo juice 4ml
Advanced nutrients B52 4ml

Light schedule 18:6

Idea was keep auto in with female as long as possible.
I wanted to give female a nice long veg anyway, I'm in no hurry.

Questions would be:

Why is the female deformed?

If I give her all my care and attention, will she still bare fruit?

Any tips, criticisms would also be gratefully received.

Peace out and thanks in advance

Timbo
Whats wrong with the little blighter
Whats wrong with the little blighter 2
Whats wrong with the little blighter 3

Whats wrong with the little blighter 4
GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

On the right Auto GSC

Clearly the one on the right / the auto is significantly ahead a looks a champion where as my female looks like a lame duck.

Light is a ts1000

In a 1L mix

Canna a + b 3ml each

Questions would be:

TimboView attachment 1209297View attachment 1209298View attachment 1209299
ok firstly that’s way too much food for a small plant and those seedlings do not need any nutrients until the two small round cotyledon leaves start to yellow as the seed comes with enough nutrients to start life naturally..
your watering too frequently and lights probably a bit too close as well..
what’s the temp and humidity for lights on and off?
the auto will grow much faster and if it’s your first auto than careful when transplanting as any shock is not good for them..
your not doing bad but things need to get fixed now..

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

I've had a few auto with mild success, good enough yields expected for an auto, but lacking in flavour and punch.

The two plants here have been different since the first contact with water, with the auto always being significantly ahead.

Temp is probably about 20-25°C.
I'm going to add a second ts1000 when I repot so each plant has its own.
That will probably bring the average temp up to 23-28°C.

Currently room humidity @ 55, I recently got a humidifier and controller, so was going to introduce it tomorrow.

I am few weeks away from beong able to move them into a tent properly. Until then my hands are tied regarding full temp and humidity control.

I will lift lights by 2-3 inch. Although I think I'm about 18 inches above at the moment.

They had a light water when I cupped the into the incubator.

When they outgrew the incubator I gave a feed.

Today the cups seemed dry and the leaves had drooped, so I fed again.

I won't water again now until after repotting, I will take your advice, repot them into damped mix and see how they get on.
And say, if I'm not to worried about yield, I just wanted the finest flavoured nuggets, what sort of nutrition should I concentrate on.

I didn't really feed on My last couple of runs and thought that the reason for flavourless gutless smoke.

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

ok firstly that’s way too much food for a small plant and those seedlings do not need any nutrients until the two small round cotyledon leaves start to yellow as the seed comes with enough nutrients to start life naturally..
your watering too frequently and lights probably a bit too close as well..
what’s the temp and humidity for lights on and off?
the auto will grow much faster and if it’s your first auto than careful when transplanting as any shock is not good for them..
your not doing bad but things need to get fixed now..
I've had a few auto with mild success, good enough yields expected for an auto, but lacking in flavour and punch.

The two plants here have been different since the first contact with water, with the auto always being significantly ahead.

Currently room humidity @ 55, I recently got a humidifier and controller, so was going to introduce it tomorrow.

I am few weeks away from beong able to move them into a tent properly. Until then my hands are tied regarding full temp and humidity control.

I will lift lights by 2-3 inch. Although I think I'm about 18 inches above at the moment.

I won't water again now until after repotting, I will take your advice, repot them into damped mix and see how they get on

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter

I won't water again now until after repotting, I will take your advice, repot them into damped mix and see how they get on
with autos i hear that sometimes they lack flavour and punch just do too their genetics..
not for sure, just read somewhere..
water when needed just back off on the nutrients with the photo.. i’ve never grown autos..
someone else may chime in..

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

with autos i hear that sometimes they lack flavour and punch just do too their genetics..
not for sure, just read somewhere..
water when needed just back off on the nutrients with the photo.. i’ve never grown autos..
someone else may chime in..
That's what I thought that maybe the auto being little fakes as they are probably didn't have time to develop a good flavour profile and thc content.

The photo was a freebie seed, I hope she comes good.im in no rush so will let her veg out as long as possible.

I hear you, I'm going to repot them tomorrow night, add humidifier and try to get it to 70% and then leave them for a week or two with a slight watering.

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

20220123 193025
upgraded the nursery, running about 70° humidity now, added second light bringing the temp up to 27°C too.
The auto is really going for it.
The photo, although slow, seems to be progressing on.

Will introduce a fan in a few days when I put into bigger pots,
20220123 193032
I just want to get on top of the climate and let the photo get a bit bigger before introducing stress.

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

On the right Auto GSC

Light is a ts1000

In a 1L mix

Canna a + b 3ml each

Questions would be:

TimboView attachment 1209297View attachment 1209298View attachment 1209299
Are you growing coco or soil? Def to many nutes! Sounds like your over complicating everything. Work your way up to all that. Keep it simple as possible. Every-time I simplify things they always get better for me. Less is better sometimes. I would feed a basic 1 part nutrient or bare minimum A and B and some riz if your running canna. Canna is known for there Riz it crushes it. But make sure you let your soil dry out completely before you water. You should be able to stick the tip if your finger in dry soil before you water. I can’t tell but make sure you cut holes in the red solo cups so your plants can get run off. Where did you get this odd looking seed? Was it a bag seed? You said it’s female? Was it feminized?

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

Are you growing coco or soil? Def to many nutes! Sounds like your over complicating everything. Work your way up to all that. Keep it simple as possible. Every-time I simplify things they always get better for me. Less is better sometimes. I would feed a basic 1 part nutrient or bare minimum A and B and some riz if your running canna. Canna is known for there Riz it crushes it. But make sure you let your soil dry out completely before you water. You should be able to stick the tip if your finger in dry soil before you water. I can’t tell but make sure you cut holes in the red solo cups so your plants can get run off. Where did you get this odd looking seed? Was it a bag seed? You said it’s female? Was it feminized?
If my memory serves me right it is a Barneys Purple punch feminized freebie. The other is a fastbuds420 GSC auto freebie.

I'm in coco, probably 20% perlite with a little worm castings.

It's all mixed messages, I recently read Aquaman's write up on working with coco. From what I read there, he is advising to keep coco saturated, to not let it dry out like you would soil, to just keep feeding as coco doesn't hold its own nutrient, treat it almost like a hydro, I'm leaning toward that method, they will be going into fabric pots also so oxygenation of the roots won't be a problem according to Aquaman.
YES, cups are well holed at the bottom currently.
The 'advanced nutrients' website and bottle info. are recommending these products, some even at a higher doses than I have ran, to be used daily on coco???

So far the auto looks great imo, where as the photo looks a little bit like it's unsure whether it a cannabis plant or a carrot.

It's all learning. I'll leave them as is for a couple more days and look to repot.

Thanks

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

If my memory serves me right it is a Barneys Purple punch feminized freebie. The other is a fastbuds420 GSC auto freebie.

I'm in coco, probably 20% perlite with a little worm castings.

It's all mixed messages, I recently read Aquaman's write up on working with coco. From what I read there, he is advising to keep coco saturated, to not let it dry out like you would soil, to just keep feeding as coco doesn't hold its own nutrient, treat it almost like a hydro, I'm leaning toward that method, they will be going into fabric pots also so oxygenation of the roots won't be a problem according to Aquaman.
YES, cups are well holed at the bottom currently.
The 'advanced nutrients' website and bottle info. are recommending these products, some even at a higher doses than I have ran, to be used daily on coco???

So far the auto looks great imo, where as the photo looks a little bit like it's unsure whether it a cannabis plant or a carrot.

It's all learning. I'll leave them as is for a couple more days and look to repot.

Thanks

Every grower is different. I grew drain to waste coco for 7 years. Yes drain to waste coco is a hydroponic method and you feed it as such. I operated the opposite. I wanted my medium to dry out fast so I could pump liquid salt based nutrients hard. I got to the point of 50 gallons a day watering my whole flower room and they would dry out every day. Before when my coco wouldn’t dry out I started doing a 50/50 mix with pearlite cocoa. Cloud coir does a great ready to go light weight coco that dries out fast. The reason I ask is because it looks like a mutent genetic or a genetic with a high chance or hermaphrodite. The reason I asked if it is feminized because this is common with feminized seeds. A feminized seed is technically considered a herm and has a high chance herming out. This is because there was no male pollen involved in the production of the seed. Most of the time it’s through a process that stresses the plant out with silver causing them to produce seeds without mail pollen. Feminized seeds are always way less stable genetics

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

Every grower is different. I grew drain to waste coco for 7 years. Yes drain to waste coco is a hydroponic method and you feed it as such. I operated the opposite. I wanted my medium to dry out fast so I could pump liquid salt based nutrients hard. I got to the point of 50 gallons a day watering my whole flower room and they would dry out every day. Before when my coco wouldn’t dry out I started doing a 50/50 mix with pearlite cocoa. Cloud coir does a great ready to go light weight coco that dries out fast. The reason I ask is because it looks like a mutent genetic or a genetic with a high chance or hermaphrodite. The reason I asked if it is feminized because this is common with feminized seeds. A feminized seed is technically considered a herm and has a high chance herming out. This is because there was no male pollen involved in the production of the seed. Most of the time it’s through a process that stresses the plant out with silver causing them to produce seeds without mail pollen. Feminized seeds are always way less stable genetics. Assuming the root zone is fine on oxygen because there in fabric pots is wrong. The more oxygen to the root zones the better. Plants need water and oxygen to thrive. When I did drain to waste coco I did everything possible to get more oxygen to the root zone ie: letting them dry out, fabric pots, extra perlite. But like I said before every grower is different and I’m always learning as well

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

Every grower is different. I grew drain to waste coco for 7 years. Yes drain to waste coco is a hydroponic method and you feed it as such. I operated the opposite. I wanted my medium to dry out fast so I could pump liquid salt based nutrients hard. I got to the point of 50 gallons a day watering my whole flower room and they would dry out every day. Before when my coco wouldn’t dry out I started doing a 50/50 mix with pearlite cocoa. Cloud coir does a great ready to go light weight coco that dries out fast. The reason I ask is because it looks like a mutent genetic or a genetic with a high chance or hermaphrodite. The reason I asked if it is feminized because this is common with feminized seeds. A feminized seed is technically considered a herm and has a high chance herming out. This is because there was no male pollen involved in the production of the seed. Most of the time it’s through a process that stresses the plant out with silver causing them to produce seeds without mail pollen. Feminized seeds are always way less stable genetics
Would you recommend cutting my loses and just getting a few nice feminized seeds

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

Would you recommend cutting my loses and just getting a few nice feminized seeds
I would recommend getting some nice Reg seeds and labeling each pheno and finding a good pheno that works for you. But no it’s way to early to cut your losses your plants still look healthy. cannabis is a resilient plant. I’ve seen some plants come back from the straight garbage before. I guarantee you let you stuff dry out to the point of almost drooping before you water every time and you will notice an immediate difference. Wouldn’t hurt to pop another seed as a backup incase you wanna toss this one. I always say genetic is everything. Genetic can make a bad grower look amazing or an amazing grower look bad. Genetic is #1. I’ve spent years sourcing my genetics.

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

Oh I believe you absolutely on the genetics. It's pot luck from a seed bank.

I'm going to let her grow for now and like I said, leave them in peace now for a couple of days i'll do another update then.

In a way I'm happy to see how it develops, all learning I suppose!

Sunzan710

Sunzan710

Oh I believe you absolutely on the genetics. It's pot luck from a seed bank.

I'm going to let her grow for now and like I said, leave them in peace now for a couple of days i'll do another update then.

In a way I'm happy to see how it develops, all learning I suppose!
I’d love to see the updates! I’ll flag this post! Keep me updated. But ya definatly give them less and let them dry out and just keep things simple and don’t let VPD over complicate things for you.

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

4 days later.

Gave them both water only yesterday, the auto more than the photo as it was much dryer.

In my amatuer un-educated opinion, I'd say the photo seems to be progressing well, upped her game a bit.

The auto is flying high.

Any observations / tips / question more than welcome.

Happy highs
20220127 190740
20220127 190748
20220127 190810
20220127 190730

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

I am repotting in the next few hours.

I have
Fabric pots
canna coco coir
Worm castings
Perlite
Random good quality roots/nutrients/medium boosters.

Looking on forum now for a bit of inspiration, again any Info / tips / questions be grateful

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I am repotting in the next few hours.

I have
Fabric pots
canna coco coir
Worm castings
Perlite
Random good quality roots/nutrients/medium boosters.

Looking on forum now for a bit of inspiration, again any Info / tips / questions be grateful
how you making out?

TimboSlice

TimboSlice

Went 12:4:1
canna coco original
perlite
worm casting

Watered the mixture nicely, re-potted. It would've been another 90 mins and lights out anyway so they can relax a little bit now.

QUESTION: Is there a preffered time of the plants days to re-pot, for future reference?

Anyhow, a quick pic of them repotted, might be a bit close to light but still only on at 75% so we will check in on them in a day or two.

20220127 224602
20220127 224608

how you making out?

Top Bottom