Grow 09 day 6 runtjpg
Z

Zoolander

Premium Member
Supporter
Looks like a little tip burn like that clone is feeding a little hot

S

SkyHi

lights too close? how far should 400 watt MH be from plants?

Heres the other two.

Grow 09 Day 6 007
Grow 09 Day 6 008
J

johnnyballbag

Premium Member
Supporter
I think he means nutrient burn, as in your feeding them a bit more than they're ready for. I'd pretty much go with anything Zoo says. He knows his shit. I'd have to agree with him, looks like the very beginning stages of burn.

S

SkyHi

oh ok! cool. so ill lay of the nutes. i feed thme last 4 days ago with 1/4 strength GH flora nova. i have watered them once since with water ph'd to 6.2. Does FFOF have good drainage properties?

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
imo, the fox farm Ocean Forest is a lil hot.. Especially for clones.. Happy Frog/Ocean Forest mixing 50/50 is decent..
Drainage sucks on Fox Farm Ocean Forest..Very slow.
Black Gold potting soil is a lot better..

Personally I like the Sunshine Mix #4 that is hands down the shit..:passingjoint:

GTD

S

SkyHi

ok so i might have to start mixing my own soil. By hot do you mean nutes?

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Yup sky that is exactly what that means.. The dirt is hot.. Nutes way to strong and acidic like..

Really tho Sunshine Mix #4 is all you need bud. Contains 55-65% Canadian Sphagnum Peat Moss, Perlite, Dolomitic Lime, Gypsum, and a Wetting Agent. Fast Drainage, High Air Capacity. Shit rocks.

GTD

S

SkyHi

ok ima try that out when i do a transplant in about 2-3 weeks, hopefully the FFOF is ok till then.

greenthumbdanny

greenthumbdanny

Premium Member
Supporter
Ya should get almost a months supply of nutes viable in that soil before ya need to start feeding.. Just watch them tender lil ones;)

GDT

J

jdubz206

ffof is definitely hot! the only way i can get it to not burn my seedlings or clones is by adding a TON of perlite to the mix...they do really good after that point...i recently just switched to roots organics and it's great for seedlings...no additives required...

the thing i really liked about ffof though is exactly what GDT was saying above...when you transplant, you honestly don't need to feed em for a long time cause the soil is so rich...that's a major benefit for lazy fuckers such as myself :smiley_joint:

G

guerilla family

First, you dont need intense light to root cuttings. A compact flourscent will root cuttings just fine.. If you are using an HID it's a good idea to keep it a nice distance from the cutting..

It does look like slight nute burn. Have you fed, other than what they are getting from the medium? How soon do you feed rooted cuttings?
The other cuttings look great.

GreenThumbDanny-Thanks for the tip on the FFOF.. I wasn't aware that this stuff was so acidic.
I have found the perfect mix for cuttings and seedlings.
Lol.. this may not be top of the line, but it is a real killer soil for rooting, and easy on the wallet ;) It's Premier Horticulture, from "ProMix" for cuttings and seedlings.

This stuff is real light weight.. Canadian Spagnum peat combined with just the right amount of perlite and vermiculite. Retains moisture yet provides excellent aeration and drainage. Great growing conditions for seedlings and especially for rooting.

I like to mix this stuff with Miracle Gro Potting Mix 60%, for 3 week old rooted cuttings, and bigger plants. They love it :)

GFam

G

grizz

hell those look pretty healthy to me, really wouldent feed the anything in that soil, just good cool water.if they stay looking as good as they are now you wont have any troubles.

Latest posts

Top Bottom