What's your favorite strain/bean to use? I'm looking for the most potent possible.

• Thread starter TwitchVee
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Just curious what's the best strain you advanced guys have grown/tried yet? I'm not new to grows, just indoor and real genetics. I've got quite a collection, but i'm looking to ignore the numbers game and find something that will knock an experienced daily smoker on their ass, because that's what I need. Prefer autos, but photos are fine, too. Not interested in the smell or flavor nearly as much as getting a buzz. I know everybody claims their shit is 33% THC and better than the rest, but I wanna hear it from somebody that cares.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
Just curious what's the best strain you advanced guys have grown/tried yet? I'm not new to grows, just indoor and real genetics. I've got quite a collection, but i'm looking to ignore the numbers game and find something that will knock an experienced daily smoker on their ass, because that's what I need. Prefer autos, but photos are fine, too. Not interested in the smell or flavor nearly as much as getting a buzz. I know everybody claims their shit is 33% THC and better than the rest, but I wanna hear it from somebody that cares.
Future 1.. by anesia seeds..

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
back to the future 2 is good,
you didn’t like it?
that strain is heavy indica, maybe try more a sativa strain,
i’m more of 50/50 hybrid to more sativa leaning guy myself..
though i’ll grow anything in the stronger category, haha..

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

most times i would guess as to why weed isn’t as potent as it should be is because the dry and curing isn’t done right or rushed..

I have read there is no potency increase during drying or curing past any trichome maturation or degradation during the initial drying while the plant matter is still alive.

Even in 6 months in the jar very little thc decarbs without enough heat.

I have read and I agree that nicely dried and properly cured flowers smoke better and give a better hit. Which may give the perception of higher potency.

The reason weed isn’t potent enough is cutting too early and over feeding and high heat. Or one or more of those imo.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
I have read there is no potency increase during drying or curing past any trichome maturation or degradation during the initial drying while the plant matter is still alive.

Even in 6 months in the jar very little thc decarbs without enough heat.

I have read and I agree that nicely dried and properly cured flowers smoke better and give a better hit. Which may give the perception of higher potency.

The reason weed isn’t potent enough is cutting too early and over feeding and high heat. Or one or more of those imo.
thanks ya i know, i’ve read that lots, obviously a healthy grow with good lights etc, good genetics..
kinda the only info on the net, but i still believe drying and curing has more to do with it than they say at this time..
also the time of harvest.

Homesteader

Homesteader

I personally like GG4 but there are a lot of great crosses to search through. I like the search/hunt to be honest though but once you find something that fits you and your liking (keep it). I wouldn't worry about chasing numbers all too much. The % of THC will be different from the tips down.

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

Strawberry banana by fast buds has a thca content of 27% can be bought at Oregon Elite, allso some strains of purple kush are around 27% thca, kosher kush is allso up there.

SSgrower

SSgrower

I don't want to get all back to the future 1 or 2 but tech advancements and journals and forums help us all. I have a grow buddy who harvest at milky tricomes in caylix, but won't put in darkness and sometimes won't hang it all, telling me something or way he matures it faster? People are just different.

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Hey, thanks, guys. I actually have some of these recommendations on hand, keep'em coming!! (: love this forum

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

back to the future 2 is good,
you didn’t like it?
that strain is heavy indica, maybe try more a sativa strain,
i’m more of 50/50 hybrid to more sativa leaning guy myself..
though i’ll grow anything in the stronger category, haha..
I haven't started any Futre #2 yet, they're next with some other really good ones, Stardawg and some others. Got like 71 more options coming today(:

garybo

garybo

I'm not new to grows, just indoor and real genetics
Not sure how Dr. Grinspoon will grow in doors, but if you are looking for something to give a quick buzz, try this one.
Dr. Grinspoon is a tall, slender plant that grows to about 10' tall if not topped. As a pure sativa strain it takes a long while to develop its flowers and mature - about 100 days is the norm. Yields are average with 12 oz/m2 being usual. Unlike most other strains of cannabis Dr. Grinspoon does not produce recognisable buds but, rather, the flowers resemble a loose collection of beads dusted with resin along its stems.

Its light smoke is a cocktail of tropical fruit aromas that leads in to a very strong, long-lasting high full of cerebral energy. Definitely not a night-time smoke unless you want to stay awake all night!

Characteristics
BREEDER/BRAND Barney's Farm Seeds
GENETICS Heirloom Sativa strain
VARIETY Sativa
THC CONTENT 26.00%
CBD CONTENT 0.4%
YIELD Indoor: 12oz/m2
PLANT HEIGHT 6-7' when stems are topped and tied down.
FLOWERING TIME 95-100 days
HARVEST MONTH Mid November
EFFECT Cerebral, Energetic, Long-lasting, Strong

TwitchVee

TwitchVee

Not sure how Dr. Grinspoon will grow in doors, but if you are looking for something to give a quick buzz, try this one.
Dr. Grinspoon is a tall, slender plant that grows to about 10' tall if not topped. As a pure sativa strain it takes a long while to develop its flowers and mature - about 100 days is the norm. Yields are average with 12 oz/m2 being usual. Unlike most other strains of cannabis Dr. Grinspoon does not produce recognisable buds but, rather, the flowers resemble a loose collection of beads dusted with resin along its stems.

Its light smoke is a cocktail of tropical fruit aromas that leads in to a very strong, long-lasting high full of cerebral energy. Definitely not a night-time smoke unless you want to stay awake all night!

Characteristics
BREEDER/BRAND Barney's Farm Seeds
GENETICS Heirloom Sativa strain
VARIETY Sativa
THC CONTENT 26.00%
CBD CONTENT 0.4%
YIELD Indoor: 12oz/m2
PLANT HEIGHT 6-7' when stems are topped and tied down.
FLOWERING TIME 95-100 days
HARVEST MONTH Mid November
EFFECT Cerebral, Energetic, Long-lasting, Strong
tHAT SOUNDS LIKE A COOL OUTDOOR GROW, i MIGHT TRY THAT ONE DAY. nOT A FAN OF THE SATIVA/CEREBRAL HIGHS MYSELF. i LIKE THE BODY BUZZ/COUCH-LOCKED EFFECT. i DO PREFER HYBRIDS OVER FULL iNDICA, LIKE AN iNDICA DOMINANT sorry about that caps key, we need a shortcut on the keyboard to change all that to lower-case xD

Top Bottom