What's your opinion of 1000w hps

• Thread starter Bedaalex
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter
Hey new to the forum, and new to my setup,just looking so see what you guys think of using 1000w. What's your average yeilds? Pic in week 6.5 of flowering.View attachment 916310
I use a 1000w hps I love it A bit expensive to run and puts out a bunch of heat but if you can utilize the heat it works great to make nice hard buds. Yield depends on grow style, what are you looking for? 1 light fills a 5x5 sq room. How many plants are you planning on having in your space?

needshelpguy

needshelpguy

I find using a 600w and 400w better than a 1000w in my experience as less is lost in heat and get better light coverage

B

Bedaalex

I'm on my second grow with the light and in my first run I ran into so many heat issues but with a A/C I am loving the 1000w
Received 804185576704721

B

Bedaalex

I use a 1000w hps I love it A bit expensive to run and puts out a bunch of heat but if you can utilize the heat it works great to make nice hard buds. Yield depends on grow style, what are you looking for? 1 light fills a 5x5 sq room. How many plants are you planning on having in your space?
in my next grow I plan on doing 4 plants in a dwc system, and the 4x6 room with 1000w. I am hoping to be able to get over a pound pre grow.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

in my next grow I plan on doing 4 plants in a dwc system, and the 4x6 room with 1000w. I am hoping to be able to get over a pound pre grow.

It takes practice but i can get 1.5 lbs per 600 watt hps. I see growers get 2-3 lbs with good producing cuts and 1000 watts. And in a 4x4 to 5x5 area.

I use 2 600’s in a 4’ x 7’ area. But i staggar my plants in different stages now.

Kraken.headz

Kraken.headz

1000w lights are still the most productive single fixture you can get for under $500, though maybe not the most efficient. If you have the ceiling height and need to illuminate a large space, it's a good option.

I still use sodium lighting for a very simple reason... the best herb I've ever seen was grown under HPS.

Top Bottom