Whats Your Perfect Drying Temp/humidity?

• Thread starter jackwhite
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
jackwhite

jackwhite

Good evening growers! I was watching one of Berners episodes where he goes to the top commercial LA growerin facilities and a few of the farmers stated that their dry rooms are kept at 62-64F and 52-60% rh.

that if when you walk into your dryin room and your "nipples" do not get hard then its not cold enough lol at those paramiters it takes around 2weeks for the buds to dry which will give you a nice smooth tasteful smoking experience.
what are your thoughts?
I am going for a two week dry since I will be away for 2weeks.

mojavegreen

mojavegreen

Good evening growers! I was watching one of Berners episodes where he goes to the top commercial LA growerin facilities and a few of the farmers stated that their dry rooms are kept at 62-64F and 52-60% rh.

that if when you walk into your dryin room and your "nipples" do not get hard then its not cold enough lol at those paramiters it takes around 2weeks for the buds to dry which will give you a nice smooth tasteful smoking experience.
what are your thoughts?
I am going for a two week dry since I will be away for 2weeks.
sounds like ideal climate for drying to me.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Me, too! I prefer a bit colder IF possible without the moisture. Some strains will find 60%RH for drying too wet (the NL#5 I grew out a few years ago was one of those, just stayed SO sticky!), but by and large, me diggy them thar parameters. I feel the colder the better.

jackwhite

jackwhite

Me, too! I prefer a bit colder IF possible without the moisture. Some strains will find 60%RH for drying too wet (the NL#5 I grew out a few years ago was one of those, just stayed SO sticky!), but by and large, me diggy them thar parameters. I feel the colder the better.
I forgot to mention they do whole plant dry. no wet trimming just whole plant to achieve the 2week dry

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Hard to say a dead ass set number... i would do things different in summer and winter and i would do things different in Arizona and florida too

Hang it till it snaps... buds have a little sponge to them... then throw it all in jars or preferably 1 jar... i like anchor hocking or gamma seal... start burpin... all dry trimmin

jackwhite

jackwhite

That was the jungle boys right? 60* at 60%. I really like the their approach to growing.
yes I think. the guy was very into his growin. no trimmin machine, no change of nutes, everything the same from start to finish. i like the "only grow one node" method trim everythin else to get big fat chunky colas.
the one thing that threw me off was "letting the bud die" letting it over ripe so it cures better. so i guess he lets his plants tric all amber

jackwhite

jackwhite

Hard to say a dead ass set number... i would do things different in summer and winter and i would do things different in Arizona and florida too

Hang it till it snaps... buds have a little sponge to them... then throw it all in jars or preferably 1 jar... i like anchor hocking or gamma seal... start burpin... all dry trimmin
very true. i enjoy growin in the winter time. easier to control things. this summer ill see how these Led's hold up

StandingRock

StandingRock

yes I think. the guy was very into his growin. no trimmin machine, no change of nutes, everything the same from start to finish. i like the "only grow one node" method trim everythin else to get big fat chunky colas.
the one thing that threw me off was "letting the bud die" letting it over ripe so it cures better. so i guess he lets his plants tric all amber
I'm doing a grow now based on his growing. Same nutes from clone to harvest. Let it die on the vine for 48 hrs in the dark and whole plant 60/60 dry. We'll see what happens.

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
Letting them die can also mean cutting them off nutes (leaching) and like debated b4 but its word... you always kick the nitrogen and let the plant fade out the last 2 weeks or more for an easier cure and better smoke. You wouldnt eat a green banana or strawberry. .. y smoke one?

jackwhite

jackwhite

quick question are these swollen calyxes or hermie? theres pistills comin out of them not sure
also im in week 6 from flip. and pistils are turnin brown but all pointin up. is this strain related? seems early

IMG 2683
IMG 2668
IMG 2650
IMG 2667
StandingRock

StandingRock

Letting them die can also mean cutting them off nutes (leaching) and like debated b4 but its word... you always kick the nitrogen and let the plant fade out the last 2 weeks or more for an easier cure and better smoke. You wouldnt eat a green banana or strawberry. .. y smoke one?
In the video the guy says "we run the same nutrients veg through flower, the idea that you need different feeds for veg and flower, that's all bullshit."
Later in the video he's showing an early flower room and says "this room is green right now but at harvest it'll all be yellow." That makes me think that they do a flush for some length of time, and I know for a fact they let it die on the vine for 48 hrs.

StandingRock

StandingRock

Hey man I actually like green bananas lol

GT21

GT21

I like soup
Supporter
In the video the guy says "we run the same nutrients veg through flower, the idea that you need different feeds for veg and flower, that's all bullshit."
Later in the video he's showing an early flower room and says "this room is green right now but at harvest it'll all be yellow." That makes me think that they do a flush for some length of time, and I know for a fact they let it die on the vine for 48 hrs.
I know many people that just run flower nutes through whole grow... you can kill off a plant with shock too. Flushing organic grows is kinda counter productive. .. just leaching out nute at the end is popular

visajoe1

visajoe1

That was the jungle boys right? 60* at 60%. I really like the their approach to growing.

I keep forgetting to stop by a club down here in LA that carries their product. Need to see what I'm shooting for :cool:

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
You wouldnt eat a green banana or strawberry.
I prefer my bananas a bit green. D'oh!
Hey man I actually like green bananas lol
Hee! :D

But! If they're too ripe for your taste, have you ever tried frying bananas in butter? Fry til they've let out ALL their juices, turn a rich, caramel brown color and have lost all firmness.

You're welcome.

Top Bottom