When And How Often To Foliar Feed?

• Thread starter SoLowDolo
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I was looking over my nectar for the gods sample kit, and I think I may try the foliar feeding. The instructions aren't very detailed beyond how much to use, though. I have been researching but get conflicting opinions on the subject, so I thought I would see if any of the farmers here have any experience with it.

My questions are...

- should it be done right before lights on, or right after lights off? I have seen articles that say both...

- how often should it be done? This isn't clear to me either...

I want to work my light schedule out so I will be home at the appropriate time to be able to do it but I am not sure yet...

JWM2

JWM2

Premium Member
Supporter
In veg I foliar feed daily sometimes a couple times a day. I always do it with the lights on. When they go into flowering I foliar feed until they get to be about two weeks in. There’s no right or wrong way so long as your humidity is in check and you don’t fry the leaves. Never had an issue personally. I know some will say otherwise but that’s my experience.

H

hawkman

spray/feed 2x's a week in veg and up to week 3 of flower. make sure you spray the undersides of the leaves because this is were it all happens, recommend to foliage feed before the lights come on for best nutrient-up take. do you want some good sprays (extreme Gardening "cal-Mag" or Necture of the gods (bloom Kahos) or a light mix of kelp (1tsp per 16 oz's) personally spray a few x's in veg and in the transition stage of flower (week 1 and 2)

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

spray/feed 2x's a week in veg and up to week 3 of flower. make sure you spray the undersides of the leaves because this is were it all happens, recommend to foliage feed before the lights come on for best nutrient-up take. do you want some good sprays (extreme Gardening "cal-Mag" or Necture of the gods (bloom Kahos) or a light mix of kelp (1tsp per 16 oz's) personally spray a few x's in veg and in the transition stage of flower (week 1 and 2)
Thanks a lot bro , good info. I will be using bloom khaos

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Make sure your plant is getting plenty of Hurculean Harvest. Bloom Khaos is a calcium facilitator and will affect your plant if it doesn’t have enough calcium available
I have a feeling I may need to buy more of that from what I've heard. I'm not even sure how many plants to use this free sample on. Once the plants get bigger, I might have to just pick one or two plants to use it on, because I don't wanna run out, but don't want to buy more because it's so expensive.

NHWhites

NHWhites

The kit is supposed to take 1-2 plants through harvest. I found that to be accurate. You’ll have extra leftover except for athena’s Amina’s and HH

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

The kit is supposed to take 1-2 plants through harvest. I found that to be accurate. You’ll have extra leftover except for athena’s Amina’s and HH
Hell yea bro! Thanks for the info! I tried googling it and couldn't find that info anywhere. Hell, it probably said it somewhere and my dumb ass just overlooked it lol

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

I emailed the company, only reason I know lol
Since you seem to have experience with NFTG, do you have any idea if it's safe to just mix a gallon at a time, and store it for later if I don't use it all? That might be a dumb question, since it's already in liquid form and I'm basically just adding water, but I didn't know if adjusting the pH or something like that had any effect on how long I can store it...

NHWhites

NHWhites

Since you seem to have experience with NFTG, do you have any idea if it's safe to just mix a gallon at a time, and store it for later if I don't use it all? That might be a dumb question, since it's already in liquid form and I'm basically just adding water, but I didn't know if adjusting the pH or something like that had any effect on how long I can store it...
I don’t know what the shelf life is after mixing, but it starts to ferment and react to itself after a while. Maybe if it was in a reservoir with an airstone it would last a bit longer. I just made what I needed and discarded the rest

Freshone

Freshone

Make sure your plant is getting plenty of Hurculean Harvest. Bloom Khaos is a calcium facilitator and will affect your plant if it doesn’t have enough calcium available
I use the demeters destiny with bloom khaos myself,water in the demeters and foliar the kaos.
Nectar doesnt store well ime,Ph shifts and its notorious for falling out of suspension.Even when watering right after mixing its trying to seperate and needs to be constantly stirred.

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Be very careful with that Liquid Kelp..It puts the plants into overdrive and they suck up all calcium (as well as micronutrients)in the area..If they can't get enough..they cannibalize themselves. it is good stuff..just go slow..AND..you can get about the same stuff at kelp4less.com for $25 per GALLON!

SoLowDolo

SoLowDolo

Be very careful with that Liquid Kelp..It puts the plants into overdrive and they suck up all calcium (as well as micronutrients)in the area..If they can't get enough..they cannibalize themselves. it is good stuff..just go slow..AND..you can get about the same stuff at kelp4less.com for $25 per GALLON!
Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to be careful. And yes, this nectar for the gods is expensive. I can't really envision myself using it after this free sample is gone due to the price tag. But who knows... Maybe they'll make me a believer lol

Buzzer777

Buzzer777

Thanks for the tip! I'll be sure to be careful. And yes, this nectar for the gods is expensive. I can't really envision myself using it after this free sample is gone due to the price tag. But who knows... Maybe they'll make me a believer lol
I like two of their products..Herculean Harvest (I use tons of it), and the Kelp. I got a gallon of Liquid Kelp from Kelp4less and use it sparingly anyway (my Megacrop nutes also has kelp)..At $25 per GALLON..Liquid Kelp is very affordable.. I have not found a suitable replacement for their Herc. harvest yet, but am still looking. I also use Mycos..they both provide noticeable results here.
9 4 18

H

hawkman

I like two of their products..Herculean Harvest (I use tons of it), and the Kelp. I got a gallon of Liquid Kelp from Kelp4less and use it sparingly anyway (my Megacrop nutes also has kelp)..At $25 per GALLON..Liquid Kelp is very affordable.. I have not found a suitable replacement for their Herc. harvest yet, but am still looking. I also use Mycos..they both provide noticeable results here.
View attachment 842258
Look at "Build-a-Soil.com" and 'Kelp4Less.com" two great companies

Freshone

Freshone

I like nectar but it is way too expensive so like buzzer im doing megacrop w a couple supplements including herculean harvest next round.I used veg n bloom and jacks before with great results and hoping for the same w mega as im getting tired of buying expensive water.

Monster762

Monster762

I use extreme gardening calcarb foliar with a little epsom salt added in veg n cut it by flower. I use about once a week but mist water daily in veg. What you plan to use?

Top Bottom