when can i plant outside?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

weed1.JPG
started these baby's inside and want to plant outdoors. are they ready yet? not sure how big they need to be to plant outside.. they are about 3-4 inches tall

weed2.JPG

J

Jsän

i personally would wait til the 4-5 leaf set before putting them out permanently.

until then, little trips outside to harden them up would be a good idea.
i would also try to get more light on them while they are inside. ...you have a bit of stretch.
i would transplant to 1gal pots asap as well. back-bury those cotylons.

but that is just me. :)

luck to your girls and greens to you

mikeb437

mikeb437

they actually go outside everyday. i usually bring them out so they get at least 8-10 hours of DIRECT SUNLIGHT per day( not to mention indirect light) and then i put a few cfl's on them at night for a few hours for added measure. so they probably get more sunlight then most. ill try putting them into sum bigger pots for now.. any suggestions on what i should put these into? they will be going directly into the soil at some point so i dont want to put them into a pot and have to transplant them. maybe ill just make a bigger newspaper pot...

Donnybrook

Donnybrook

Let em get some size yet & I would go to yer Garden Center or Wally-World & get some gallon size peat pots & then when the danger of frost has gone Carefully cut some Vertical Cuts in the peat pots allowing quicker root growth in the soil before ya plant them . Try & promote some good root growth before ya plant them permanently in Mother Earth . Good Luck ,,,

StickyBuds420

StickyBuds420

yeah man id put them in bigger pots the bigger the root ball the better off they will be once planted in the earth so get a bigger pot and transplant those girls.

dont be worried about transplanting its easy to do.

mikeb437

mikeb437

i put them into bigger pots.. those pots i made were only about 1.5 inches across and 2 inches deep. i rolled sum paper around an ozium can and made those small starter pots. the new ones are 4 inches wide and 6 inches deep. much better to grow!

Blaze

Blaze

I would definitely let them get a bit bigger before going out. Also stop putting them under the CFL's - all that is going to do is fuck up their natural cycle and make them more likely to flower on you when the go outside. I assume they are seedlings from the look of them. Seedlings that are started after April 1st that are going to be grown outside should NEVER have their light cycle extended - it will do more harm than good (well actually it does no good, period). They should be able to handle natural light fine then. Just put them outside but in a protected spot where they can't be attacked by pests and let them get a bit bigger before you plant.

Seamaiden

Seamaiden

Living dead girl
Those are some good points, Blaze. In fact, I can't get my sweet mix bell peppers to grow because some 'thing' keeps eating off their little heads. Now I have to go buy starts and I didn't want starts, I want my own starts. But as you know my own cannabis seed starts have been outside since April (I think! I forgot to write it down). Only now that it's warming up are they really beginning to take off, just as expected. The delay now is in sexing, though I still think they ought to show by the end of June. Everything's been delayed this year.
they actually go outside everyday. i usually bring them out so they get at least 8-10 hours of DIRECT SUNLIGHT per day( not to mention indirect light) and then i put a few cfl's on them at night for a few hours for added measure. so they probably get more sunlight then most. ill try putting them into sum bigger pots for now.. any suggestions on what i should put these into? they will be going directly into the soil at some point so i dont want to put them into a pot and have to transplant them. maybe ill just make a bigger newspaper pot...
Then why not just leave them out entirely? The worst that will (read: does) happen if it's too cool is that they just won't grow. As long as they don't dry out completely they'll be fine, as they're already acclimated to the Big Metal Halide in the Sky.

:harvest: <--- Go Make Trees!

Top Bottom