When do buds swell and end stretch?

• Thread starter BayAreaIndica
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

Hello there green thumbs. Just for conversation here. First grow here. I found out a bit too late on some tips on how to avoid stretch, a bit too late for that. Just curious on any tips during flowering and when do buds start to kick off and swell? How do they look so far? They are 24 days from flip. Sorry for the lighting !

1000 watt equivalent led
Coco coir
70f - 78f during day (I will be bumping up temperature since I’m using led)
68f - 70f lights out.
humidity 50-58

When do buds swell and end stretch
When do buds swell and end stretch 2
TheBadChoice

TheBadChoice

Well that can vary, what’s the genetics? Theirs some afghan strains I’ve seen with 55 flower days and they swell fast and etc

BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

Well that can vary, what’s the genetics? Theirs some afghan strains I’ve seen with 55 flower days and they swell fast and etc

strawberry banana , do-si-dos, and gorilla glue #4 x Zkittlez. For the most part depending on flower length? They all say 8-10 weeks for these strains

BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

Those look heavily sativa. You’re probably looking at a long time. Stretch ends early. Bulking up the last couple of weeks. Looks healthy.
They’re actually all indica dominant. I chose indica for that same reason. They were perfect in intermodal length before flipping. After the flip maybe they got too cold nights and made them stretch?

RookieBuds

RookieBuds

Based on your pics, they should stop vertical growth ANY DAY now. Usually right about week 4 or 5, they stop growing and start bulking. Basementganja on YouTube has fantastic timelapse videos of flowering plants, and he posts the corresponding day. Check em out

BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

Based on your pics, they should stop vertical growth ANY DAY now. Usually right about week 4 or 5, they stop growing and start bulking. Basementganja on YouTube has fantastic timelapse videos of flowering plants, and he posts the corresponding day. Check em out
Nice so week 4 or 5 is when I should expect the start of the fattening :D I will check them out right now thank you for that!

Edinburgh

Edinburgh

There is nothing wrong with that plant, i grow autoflowers and u want them to stretch within reason this usaley happens around day 35 from sprouts then they fill in, photoperid plants are different but u want a bit of a stretch so you get a nice cola bud.

BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

There is nothing wrong with that plant, i grow autoflowers and u want them to stretch within reason this usaley happens around day 35 from sprouts then they fill in, photoperid plants are different but u want a bit of a stretch so you get a nice cola bud.
I am realizing how the longer colas seem to be getting better light penetration on the sides, I just thought the stretch wasn’t necessarily a good thing. I have 2 of the same strain same seed and all but are growing completely different. Weird plants

BayAreaIndica

BayAreaIndica

Actually, measure your highest top and if it doesn't budge any taller in the next 24hr period, then it's fattening
More stem more yield? I do see the ones that are longer also have longer traces of buds, as in more buds in the stem, and getting plenty of light compared to the ones right beneath the light. I’ll check for comparison starting 4 week in flower

Latest posts

Top Bottom