When do I start my plants in Phoenix?

• Thread starter LearningtogrowinAZheat
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
LearningtogrowinAZheat

LearningtogrowinAZheat

I've read that the nighttime temp shouldn't go below 50.
Sun calculator says April 15. Is this a good guess?

About watering:
I will be using cloth pots, being fed by 50gal water source, tied to auto water distributor.
What kind of water cycling should I use?
3/4 gal per day per plant? or check soil moisture daily and add, as required?
I could do both, but which is best?

I'm keeping water ph controlled, and will add liquid nutrients via additional watering can.

I'm expecting some really high temps this summer.
I'm growing above ground, with that, I expect the water, the soil, and everything associated with my grow will be at the mercy of the air temp.

With average 110 day temps, how will the plants handle the ambient heat?

Thanks in advance!

growsince79

growsince79

I've read that the nighttime temp shouldn't go below 50.
Sun calculator says April 15. Is this a good guess?

About watering:
I will be using cloth pots, being fed by 50gal water source, tied to auto water distributor.
What kind of water cycling should I use?
3/4 gal per day per plant? or check soil moisture daily and add, as required?
I could do both, but which is best?

I'm keeping water ph controlled, and will add liquid nutrients via additional watering can.

I'm expecting some really high temps this summer.
I'm growing above ground, with that, I expect the water, the soil, and everything associated with my grow will be at the mercy of the air temp.

With average 110 day temps, how will the plants handle the ambient heat?

Thanks in advance!
They might need shade in the heat of the day. They will handle the heat better if you plant them in the ground and covered with mulch. Water once or twice a week as needed.

shitwinds

shitwinds

why not do auto flowers and start inside and take them out beginning of april, ready to flower(5 weeks +/-)........ photo hours wouldnt matter and they be done before the heat come at the end of june

edit: i live in LHC, AZ and thought about it.......

LearningtogrowinAZheat

LearningtogrowinAZheat

why not do auto flowers and start inside and take them out beginning of april, ready to flower(5 weeks +/-)........ photo hours wouldnt matter and they be done before the heat come at the end of june

edit: i live in LHC, AZ and thought about it.......
I have autoflower seeds. Was going to start in April. But I think mine are 8-10 weeks.

Aberj3

Aberj3

I have autoflowers planted in FFOF. I planted in cloth pots 2/16. I kept them indoors for the first week. Then I started taking them out during the day. After building a small greenhouse they have been outside for the last 2 weeks. They get covered and heated at night and seem to be doing well. First grow.

Aberj3

Aberj3

Thanks for the tip. I will be growing two photoperiod plants and am putting them in the ground.

Darth

Darth

I’m new to outdoor growing, recently moved to cottonwood area. I have started some bag seed inside under lights. I take them outside whenever the day is nice.

I will be planting in pots in a greenhouse when it warms up a bit.
I’m not sure what my strategy is when the summer hits. I may put some netting over our patio wall to soften the heat a bit.
I’m interested what others are doing.

Top Bottom