When do I start using cal mag

• Thread starter Cufzz
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
GrimReffer

GrimReffer

I’ve been giving my plants cal mag since the start but I saw someone say you only supposed to use it in flower
It will all depend on growing medium and what nutrients you are using. I run coco but with my nutrients i almost never need calmag except very early on sometimes.

mysticepipedon

mysticepipedon

The amount of calcium in your water and the amount present in whatever else you feed it must be considered.

While cannabis is a calcium hog, lockout due to too much calcium can occur if you're not careful. I have to avoid cal/mag and just use epsom salts for magnesium, or I get lockout.

There is a graphic that @GNick55 posts to show the times there is a particular demand for the individual nutrients. I think cal/mag would come in in late veg and early flower, before tapering off.

GNick55

GNick55

Staff
Supporter
The amount of calcium in your water and the amount present in whatever else you feed it must be considered.

While cannabis is a calcium hog, lockout due to too much calcium can occur if you're not careful. I have to avoid cal/mag and just use epsom salts for magnesium, or I get lockout.

There is a graphic that @GNick55 posts to show the times there is a particular demand for the individual nutrients. I think cal/mag would come in in late veg and early flower, before tapering off.
5397C4D6 124D 4BB4 A314 1E0E031FD41C

Top Bottom