When do you like increasing seedling light?

• Thread starter ThatRapperWeed
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

I found this actually difficult to find a precise answer on. Looking back at my notes, last grow I just gradually increased light after transplanting from root riot cubes to 1 gal pots, I didn't actually note the size of the plant (lesson learned). One answer I found was 2-3 nodes, then start introducing seedlings to your full power lights gradually. Does anyone have any input as to when exactly they like to bump that light up? I currently have my seedlings under a 28w LED (the thing is maybe an inch above them), I was getting readings of 10,000-11,000 LUX but the LED design is ridiculous and it doesn't seem to fully hit all leaves properly so I put one 150w blurple 32" up to compensate some extra blue light. Just added the blurple today, is it overkill?
When do you like increasing seedling light
When do you like increasing seedling light 2
When do you like increasing seedling light 3

growsince79

growsince79

They def want more light. The blurple light doesn't measure right on lux meter.

ThatRapperWeed

ThatRapperWeed

They def want more light. The blurple light doesn't measure right on lux meter.
I originally had them under my mars hydro tsl2000 at low strength but I could tell the intensity wasn't dialed in the way I wanted. As soon as I added the tiny full spectrum led, they didn't stretch and started better growth. The one that stretched was started before the rest of the seeds and I had the light too weak at first. I guess the blurple may not be overkill.

growsince79

growsince79

I originally had them under my mars hydro tsl2000 at low strength but I could tell the intensity wasn't dialed in the way I wanted. As soon as I added the tiny full spectrum led, they didn't stretch and started better growth. The one that stretched was started before the rest of the seeds and I had the light too weak at first. I guess the blurple may not be overkill.
I'd gradually move it closer.

Top Bottom