When do you stop feeding in flower?

• Thread starter Jaydubbz2108
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Jaydubbz2108

Jaydubbz2108

So I'm in the middle of week 6 of flower, I top dressed with terp tea last week and have you used incredible bulk but I'm wondering when should I stop feeding? I'm getting different answers from different people. I'm aiming for harvesting around week 9 no later than 10:00 and I've been told to stop feeding 2 weeks prior and start flushing and other people say that they feed all the way up until a couple days before they harvest which I know is a big no no!!! Some input from some experience growers would be nice...

SweetLeafGrow

SweetLeafGrow

I am not all that experienced as I am finishing up my first grow. I fed for the last time on day one of week 7 and am starting week 9 today. Per advice here at the Farm, I have only been giving water with a bit of molasses for week 8 through the finish. The strain I am growing, Gorilla Glue #4 finishes in 8-9 weeks per the breeder. At the beginning of week 9, they are definitely not ready to chop, but are still filling out on the flowers and also getting some nice fall colors as the plants pull what nutrients they need from leaves to finish out. I am giving water when needed, but they have definitely slowed down on water consumption, and I am keeping a close eye on the trichs, hoping to harvest a couple of days after the last watering. If I see one of the plants coming close, I plan to cut off the water and hopefully have at least a day or two after the last watering before I chop.

growsince79

growsince79

So I'm in the middle of week 6 of flower, I top dressed with terp tea last week and have you used incredible bulk but I'm wondering when should I stop feeding? I'm getting different answers from different people. I'm aiming for harvesting around week 9 no later than 10:00 and I've been told to stop feeding 2 weeks prior and start flushing and other people say that they feed all the way up until a couple days before they harvest which I know is a big no no!!! Some input from some experience growers would be nice...
i wait until they're done growing.

iffey

iffey

That question raises another.. How hot are the nutes you're feeding it now? If you're in the 1000>1200 ppms, by all means flush.
But if you're running 500>700ppms, my target is 600PPMs (PPKs) and have never flushed.. 600 from start to finish. I've read and have had many strains that bulk up allot in the last 2 weeks of bloom even last 3. I wouldnt want to give up those last few weeks of buddage bulking.

weed_weasel

weed_weasel

I feed up until I cut them down and I don't flush. Goes against common practices I suppose but for me I have not noticed any difference between flushing and not. Maybe try both methods and see what works for you.

GreenMtnGuru

GreenMtnGuru

Taper your feedings toward the end of flower. Last 10 days with a healthy plant in good soil I aim to be around 300-400 ppm of a balanced nutrient (no cal-mag, silica, molasses, boosters, or the like). Water a bit less than you normally would as the roots know their job is nearly done.

Solarscar

Solarscar

Why harvesting at 10? Be a rebel and get it done at midnight 🥳

how did this grow turn out?

Latest posts

Top Bottom