When does everyone start raising their seedlings?

• Thread starter average grow
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
average grow

average grow

G'day growers, just seeing what month you all start your outdoor grow?
I normally plant straight outside at the start of October (Southern hemisphere) however this year I'm planning on raising them indoors at around the start of August for 6 weeks until the days are around 12 and a half hours. (With my light cycle at 14 hours)

Has anyone got experience with this? Don't want to ruin my crop by veging them and then accidentally sending them into flower early.

Cheers

oldskol4evr

oldskol4evr

G'day growers, just seeing what month you all start your outdoor grow?
I normally plant straight outside at the start of October (Southern hemisphere) however this year I'm planning on raising them indoors at around the start of August for 6 weeks until the days are around 12 and a half hours. (With my light cycle at 14 hours)

Has anyone got experience with this? Don't want to ruin my crop by veging them and then accidentally sending them into flower early.

Cheers
i start mine around end of feb indoors,come easter they go outside,im in the deep south of texas and ground temps are around 65 by easter,best way to tell when putting outdoors is temp gauge your soil about 6in deep

Jimster

Jimster

Supporter
I think August is fine... anytime is fine for starting indoors. I would try to figure out how big you want them to grow, which will determine your starting date... the bigger the plant, the earlier the start and longer in veg growth. Start at 18 hours of light indoors and gradually try to match it to the outdoors light photoperiod. If you do it gradually, the plant might not revert immediately to flowering and grow in veg outdoors for a little while before starting to flower. You could also use a small light to extend the photoperiod to keep it from flowering too early. I might also try to match your longest day to the plant's vegetative growth period... that way as the days get shorter, it will flower normally.
You want to keep your daylight hours as long as possible to prevent early flowering. When you get to 15 hours f daylight, it is pretty safe to put them outside if they have been matched to the plant's indoor photoperiod. Hopefully, from your location, the days will keep getting longer and keep the plant vegging. I would expect to see signs of flowering, depending on the strain, in later January or mid Feb.

BigCube

BigCube

Most outdoor guys I know (both of them). Raise a clone army potbound in solo cups. Here in Vancouver BC I think it's around mid may in the ground. So start them indoor early may I guess.

PlumberSoCal

PlumberSoCal

I usually start mine end of May - April. This year I was a smartass and planted end of Feb. Horrible weather this year in Sunny So Cal and the males started flowering end of April and the females first week of may. Only one female continued to flower.
20190712 103422

She's on day 67. I put her in the garage at night and didn't bring her out until 9am giving her about 12 hrs light for a couple weeks. I really didn't want her re-vegging. So now I'm a week or so away from a little harvest and I'm okay with it.😉

average grow

average grow

Cheers dude, yeah you are right. Plants here normally start pre flower around late Jan, which should give me around 4 months of veg, hopefully pull some monsters this season

Top Bottom