When does it make sense to "try again"

• Thread starter xxedgexx
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
X

xxedgexx

I'm a beginning grower. Still dailing in my environment and improving things weekly. I'm still not there yet, but I'm making forward steps.

I wanted to get some thoughts on when it makes more sense to just start again, rather then continue to try and treat a plant and suffer through extended veg periods because I messed up or something bad happened?

I have a sour diesel plant going. It's about 4 1/2 ft tall, very spiney with scattered growth. It's not a very plush plant. Signs of buds happened about 4 days ago. It just looks like it's going to yield very little. Enormous amount of stretch all around.

Is it work seeing through 'til the end? I have since fixed the light distance in my veg text and I have 12 new babies coming along quite nicely.

If I'm just being premature and all of a sudden, massive buds are going to form, well, that's great, then I'll hold out, but from the picture, if it's obvious this plant is going to yield very little, maybe it's best if I scrap it.

Thanks

When does it make sense to try again
Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
I would keep flowerin that bitch....take all those burned necrotic leaves off the bottom and rock on....how far in are you? the stretch might be over if your a couple weeks in..

I would supercrop her to evn up a fuller canopy and bring the lights down on her..your other youngins aren't ready in veg yet so ya got nothin to loose except experience

Sour Des, can stretch out a little...

Are your other plants sexed already?

Tex

X

xxedgexx

The other plants are clones from a reliable source. So far so good on those clones.

When you say supercrop for a fuller canopy, does this imply that I could bring the lower branches in closer together to create a more consecutive canopy?

Like bend branches in and up instead of out and down? The only super cropping I've seen so far is bending away from the main stalk. I'm probably missing some things here...or I just smoked too much and things are slowly winding down in the old hamster wheel.

Texas Kid

Texas Kid

Some guy with a light
You bend your tallest limbs, like that main maristem shootin up the center, just bend it over where the first lateral bract from the top is and then they will basically make more of your budsites at the same canopy level. The buds will turn up toward the light and give better light penetration to the whole plant.

What is your light setup?

Tex

P

ProGroWannabe

Yo TK..what up?

xxedgexx..... To explain the logic that TK shared....when you bend a plants top over below the level of the next-lowest internode, the plant makes a hormonal shift. It changes it's chemistry to make it's other, lower branches shoot up in an attempt to ensure it's survival...in short, the plant thinks that something has eaten it's top, so it pushes the side-branches up so that there will be buds to catch pollen when the time comes. Sooooooo..... what this means for you is that you can make a bush out of that tall plant if the plant has any flowering-induced stretch left in her. Just bend her top over (carefully) and tie it in the bent position so that it stays there. Then watch the side branches shoot up to the same level as that top. Taking you from a tall spindly plant, to a tall bush with multiple tops!

Sorry for gettng long-winded. I was just trying to explain why TK's advice works so well for manipulating a plants structure...that's all.

Let us know what you decide to do.

X

xxedgexx

I did some bending of the main stalk and it makes sense. I have other problems () right now. I'm still doing a lot to dial in my grow rooms. Hydro seems real touchy and perhaps not the best choice for a beginner.

I appreciate the help!

P

ProGroWannabe

Yeah usually soil or coco is better than active hydro for a new grower. It's alright though, you already have all your hydro equipment going so just hang in there with it and learn all ya can. You'll be kickin ass in no time.

As for your other thread, I think the folks that have already responded have you on the right track there too.

X

xxedgexx

xxedgexx means straight edge right? :lipssealed

Yes, it does actually, but that was a long time ago. The screen name just stuck. What can I say, I grew up in the hardcore music scene.

B

bluegrass

I did too! By the grace of god! I used to go to straight edge shows too! LMAO wore the x on my hand and everything! LMAO fo real! Ever heard of a band called snapcase? Oh and dont forget the HateBreed!

X

xxedgexx

haha. Nice. I still listen to snapcase. Nailed to the X. The old days.

K

kid606

aha...

I'm a person just like you
But I've got better things to do
Than sit around and fuck my head
Hang out with the living dead
Snort white shit up my nose
Pass out at the shows
I don't even think about speed
That's something I just don't need

I've got the straight edge

I'm a person just like you
But I've got better things to do
Than sit around and smoke dope
'Cause I know I can cope

Laugh at the thought of eating ludes
Laugh at the thought of sniffing glue
Always gonna keep in touch
Never want to use a crutch

I've got the straight edge
wtf..
never really liked them hatebreed tough guys..i liked the progressive stuff way more than the chugga chugga bollo bollo style..but at some time 18 visions and the likes came and turned it into a fashion show..hc IS dead..

:smoke

X

xxedgexx

Unfortunately I have to agree with you. Good times though. Good shows. PAHC. Haha. Kids are too emo now. I laugh because people think emo is a new term. Plus I feel like an old man at shows now. Kind of sad.

Top Bottom