When does the dank smell start developing?

• Thread starter mikeb437
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
mikeb437

mikeb437

Harvested my plants earlier this week. Pulled a smaller branch off to dry at home. I just put it in the jar today but it smelled like hay or wet grass. At what point does it start to get the nice aroma? How long should it take? Can someone explain this in full?

urban1026835

urban1026835

during flower i would say, few exceptions here and there where a strain gets stinkier(in a good way) after a nice cure, but those plants IME stink during flower as well so long as they were not going through problems and had a healthy run.

mikeb437

mikeb437

Yea, it smelled good when i picked them. But now they have a hay smell after Hanging for a few days.. What goes? Does the nice smell come back?

colostoney

colostoney

just what lolli in ken say if its good n ripe ya cant hardly mess it up dryin it.....Itll smell great then sorta grssy ass as the chlorophyll evaps with the water....don't mangle trim it wet besides the big leaves....that can smear chlorophyll all over ya nugs and lock in a fresh grass green taste....sometimes i'll pinch a nug off and sample barely dry and it tastes n smells like shit and im sad then bone dry a week later its bomb and smells n tastes like it did ripe and its messed with my head for a long time.....idk though Im always so high I don't even make sense to myself much

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Harvested my plants earlier this week. Pulled a smaller branch off to dry at home. I just put it in the jar today but it smelled like hay or wet grass. At what point does it start to get the nice aroma? How long should it take? Can someone explain this in full?
Two weeks hanging in environment cgk described if it's still wet dehumidify if its too dry then humidify by the time I hit the jar I seal for an hour then uncover for a day then each Strain varies from there usually depending on density and size of nugs

In dank bud smells always there and fluctuates in mediocre smelling that is bud but doesn't always translate to potency but does in most cases in my experience with plants I've grown

I cut some premature bud a month ago and been in jars for a week and I'm burping once a day and really surprised at the developed aroma, its almost pleasure able for my taste buds

mikeb437

mikeb437

Someone told me to trim the green leaves a bit more. It worked!! I think the chlorophyl smell came from too many fan leaves on the plant. Trimmed them up a bit and now thw dank is coming back! My fingers are nice n sticky too..

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Someone told me to trim the green leaves a bit more. It worked!! I think the chlorophyl smell came from too many fan leaves on the plant. Trimmed them up a bit and now thw dank is coming back! My fingers are nice n sticky too..
What s the rh like and temp and is are moving around plants with no light?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Shoulda smelled dank 2 months ago
I agree but I must add it's so hard to assume we all have the same standard and by no means are my standards the best
I'm smoking on my preemy harvested flashdried bud right now
And I don't mean to sound like a smartass or cocky but I'm high as Satellite right now maybe I'm a lightweight idk

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter

Wait.. im confused now.. You were trying to cure un-trimmed weed?

Don't most growers trim dry... then cure?

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

There should have been a comma there.. Trim, dry, Cure... IE.. You don't jar up whole branches and hope for the best lol
I'm not sure how relevant I sound right now but I've had old branches and trunks sit around my drying room for about six months and some of those branches had incredible aromas and some had none at all

LittleDabbie

LittleDabbie

Supporter
Perhaps the branches that smelled good already had most of there chlorophyll removed ? I dunno.. I just know too much green left on a plant tends to leave a funky flavor me anyway.

caveman4.20

caveman4.20

Perhaps the branches that smelled good already had most of there chlorophyll removed ? I dunno.. I just know too much green left on a plant tends to leave a funky flavor me anyway.
The less oils on that leaf the more funky Nasty undesirable aroma fir me.....I guess what I'm trying to say is some plants produce oils that don't evaporate as easy and are left behind I like to call that the soul of the flower Ya hippy right here in many cases but Ya so sometimes the soul evaporate s and sometimes it's trapped and some trapped soul isn't smelt until the chlorophyll and other molecules are broke down and or evaporated dried cured etc leaving behind a higher ratio of soul less ratio of udesireable smell

@Funk Monk can I get a funkin' approval over here ? I might have used soul and funk improperly lol
Funk on

Top Bottom