when does the outdoor season start in so.cal?

• Thread starter jtmyzery2008
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
another_sellout

another_sellout

If you pop fresh seeds and put them out March first , June first, September first, or December first they'll all finish just fine. Do your sativas in September and afghanis in December. Indicas in spring and summer. Try it. It worked in Oceanside. If you don't freeze, you don't ever have to stop. Ed Rosenthal has a ton of great info on this in the back of his "High Yield" guide. I highly recommend it. But don't put your sativas out in December, they'll start to rejuvinate right as they should be finishing. But for this years long season, if it's not out by July first, who cares? August is great, too. The season is so forgiving and the weather is so good, it's probably not too late to order seeds. Unless you're in Big Bear.

S

Socalking

If done by seed in socal you'll be looking at flowering starting between mid july to late august, if clones, about a month before that without supplimental light

S

Socalking

This one is from seed mid may, blocking the morning sunlight for about an hour will let them veg a little longer because the tops see a minute or two more of sunlight each day, thinking the times are still increasing throuought the day, blocking the last few hours of sunlight will have this same effect, as the plant grows the tops will find a longer day each day over the shadow on the east or west and really helps them to get biggg, this plant you see here showed sex at three feet tall and still wants to keep vegging hard, hardly showing tiny calyxes on each node, I'm thinking it wont flower until august and finish sometime closer to mid october

IMG 1281
below frigid

below frigid

This one is from seed mid may, blocking the morning sunlight for about an hour will let them veg a little longer because the tops see a minute or two more of sunlight each day, thinking the times are still increasing throuought the day, blocking the last few hours of sunlight will have this same effect, as the plant grows the tops will find a longer day each day over the shadow on the east or west and really helps them to get biggg, this plant you see here showed sex at three feet tall and still wants to keep vegging hard, hardly showing tiny calyxes on each node, I'm thinking it wont flower until august and finish sometime closer to mid october

LOL, just in case you did not notice, this thread is from 7 years ago. Just saying.

dnewsome2

dnewsome2

moving to socal in 2 weeks and i was wondering when the outdoor season starts down i know its gonna be to late to start anything this season but when does everyone usually start any help would be appreciated
I think you can be successful if you start right away and don't use an Autoflower.

J

Jakegetshigh

that only happens if ur plantin from clone.. if its from seed ur fine!!! i start my lil seedlings begin of march (which i've done since 75).. i like to let my plants hardin up towards the weather.. then they can handle anything.. natural selection bro!!! yea ur plants will grow a lil slow the first couple months but then they pick up the end of may and mine grow bout 2 in to 4 in every week then on out due to the equinox movin and givin us a couple hours more of light!!! and im in so cal myself bro!! hope this helps... south calles :character0180:
I live in SoCal (SD)
that only happens if ur plantin from clone.. if its from seed ur fine!!! i start my lil seedlings begin of march (which i've done since 75).. i like to let my plants hardin up towards the weather.. then they can handle anything.. natural selection bro!!! yea ur plants will grow a lil slow the first couple months but then they pick up the end of may and mine grow bout 2 in to 4 in every week then on out due to the equinox movin and givin us a couple hours more of light!!! and im in so cal myself bro!! hope this helps... south calles :character0180:
I’m in SoCal too. I’ve always heard that you should plant around the beginning of March... and that’s coming from people that grow some of the highest quality buds in both southern and northern California. This guy knows what he’s talking about.

L

Livebubblehash

don't let mother nature dictate ur gro season,use supplemental lighting.all it takes is 56-60 watts per plant to keep em in veg.i plant in march-april.i use homemade mini greenhouses and 500 watt work lights on timers.i have 6+ footers by june1st.most years.only problem is the searchlight adverting my gro.
Hey bud, I was doing something similar in Harden grove. I just tore everything down, I may go with small scale light dep, if possible I’d like to see pictures of your home made structure.

Slap

Slap

I started my lil fella, 1st week of March indoors in a small pot. It's been raining like crazy here in so cal this month and a tad cool. Started putting it outside the last few days. It has only two sets of leaves both only have two leaves and seems to growing slow. I don't know if it's to soon to be outside, if I should put it in the ground or keep in pots? I'm in Riverside area So Cal. Any advice would be appreciated. I'm a First timer. This is what it looks like now.

20200326 102434

aaxiii

aaxiii

Question: Is July ok to start a grow outdoors? And how long does it take to start producing? Where I live is almost always sunny and warm year round.

I did that. I started a green crack (Photo) in end of JUne/ early July and it is coming along nicely should be ready in late November. We do not have frost here that is a problem, although you could heat it up if it needed it. I say the end of July at the latest but you might have to move them around for sun toward the end. I have this plant in direct sunlight maybe 6-7 hours a day. There is a little greenhouse you can get for 30.00 on amazon. There is little maintenance with Dudley (her name) I do this all the time with photos. I plant all year. Some autos make it, some don't. But the photos feel right at home.

As for autoflowers I just plant those year round outside and have no problems. I grow indoors also but NOTHING...NOTHING beats the sun. Here in south Orange County CA we have plenty of it. September the sun is kicking and the flowers get FAT.

The trick is determining the right spot. You have to do a sunlight test. Find where the sun is at 8am , 1200pm, and 3pm. where they connect in the center is the best place to put your plant. You can google it. I didnt describe it the test very well you have to draw a diagram etc. I was the biggest failure at this for so long and finally figured it out in recent years and if I can do it anyone can. anyone. just watch out for wind and the occasional rain.

I just wanted to add that outside I use happy frog/ffof + perlite and neem cake on top. Water with hose tap water.

Last edited:
Top Bottom