When does veg begin.. at the 8th note but wait there's more

• Thread starter Kyleb
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
growsince79

growsince79

you would have to veg the original seed plant to good maturity then cut clones to see any difference. And not everybody has the same tolerance to notice.

And I was just joking with all the “pre-terms”. Lol
If I grow it 6 months and then make a clone the flowers will be exactly the same as the flowers from the plant that was vegged 14 days. I've done it a hundred times and never any difference at all. Agree to disagree.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

If I grow it 6 months and then make a clone the flowers will be exactly the same as the flowers from the plant that was vegged 14 days. I've done it a hundred times and never any difference at all. Agree to disagree.

i thought we did that already. I didn’t bring it up. I was just joking about the plant age terms.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
what, in your experience, is the normal or average time for flower stage? for people with a different websters... from the day you have the first day of 12/12 till harvest when you cut its stem.

i asked this and was told a time frame and then talked a page or two when someone said "then you flush for two weeks" then another said you stick it in a closet next in the dark... so i figured i would define it. im not saying right or wrong, just what i am asking is time from flipping the lights till cutting the stalk

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

what, in your experience, is the normal or average time for flower stage? for people with a different websters... from the day you have the first day of 12/12 till harvest when you cut its stem.

i asked this and was told a time frame and then talked a page or two when someone said "then you flush for two weeks" then another said you stick it in a closet next in the dark... so i figured i would define it. im not saying right or wrong, just what i am asking is time from flipping the lights till cutting the stalk

you harvest when the plant is truly done ripening. There is no set flowering time. Every plant is different. And every grow is different.

growsince79

growsince79

I don't think taking a clone early alters the dna in any way. Plant a seed and make a clone when its 2 weeks old. Then wait 2 months and make another clone. Flower them both and you will see for yourself- the dna didn't change at all.

lvstealth

lvstealth

Supporter
just looking for an average and in your experience, so nothing you cant sort of guestimate.

can you remember the shortest? longest? (not veg, i know you can veg at your whim)

i was just curious. you guys have been growing for a bit and have seen some things. i was going to comment on how much a person could learn in that 8 weeks of flower really watching a plant. then i realized that i didnt know what a good number to put there was, so i was trying to ask. so i suppose, even the non answer gave me something to put there, albeit with caveat.

growsince79

growsince79

Most of mine go 60-70 days. My Colombian started 12-12 last year and still not done. Took 70 days to make a pistil though.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

I don't think taking a clone early alters the dna in any way. Plant a seed and make a clone when its 2 weeks old. Then wait 2 months and make another clone. Flower them both and you will see for yourself- the dna didn't change at all.

Why would the dna have to change? A big strong mature plant can reach higher potential than a young early flowered weaker plant. It’s a simple concept.

And it’s not mine. I experimented because of Ed rosenthals book. He tested this extensively.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

just looking for an average and in your experience, so nothing you cant sort of guestimate.

can you remember the shortest? longest? (not veg, i know you can veg at your whim)

i was just curious. you guys have been growing for a bit and have seen some things. i was going to comment on how much a person could learn in that 8 weeks of flower really watching a plant. then i realized that i didnt know what a good number to put there was, so i was trying to ask. so i suppose, even the non answer gave me something to put there, albeit with caveat.

Still talking flowering time?

I feed grow ratio nutes all through flower which helps them grow longer than if we prematurely kill them off with bloom ratio nutes with little nitrogen and too much phosphorous.

that said. If a breeder estimates 8 weeks I always assume it will take 10 total from flip.

I have never heard “I chopped too late” but “I chopped too early is very common”

growsince79

growsince79

Why would the dna have to change? A big strong mature plant can reach higher potential than a young early flowered weaker plant. It’s a simple concept.

And it’s not mine. I experimented because of Ed rosenthals book. He tested this extensively.
Ive also tested 40 years worth and Ed was wrong. Exact same every time. You say a clone taken from a 2 week old plant can never reach it's potential. If that was true it could only mean the dna changed. 40+ years and never any difference.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Ive also tested 40 years worth and Ed was wrong. Exact same every time.

my friends, family and patients disagree with your 40 years of experience. I’m sorry I don’t have lab tests. I had them for a lot of my tests but they were taken from the dispensary I worked with that was raided. But I switched from short plants and 12/12 from seed after they got busted.

growsince79

growsince79

my friends, family and patients disagree with your 40 years of experience. I’m sorry I don’t have lab tests. I had them for a lot of my tests but they were taken from the dispensary I worked with that was raided. But I switched from short plants and 12/12 from seed after they got busted.
LOL i had some lab tests too but the dog ate them. All my family and friends say exact same every time every strain.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

LOL i had some lab tests too but the dog ate them. All my family and friends say exact same every time every strain.

I thought you agreed to disagree.

I said I never got to test the veg time results. You can joke all you want but I took my meds very seriously and tested many plants first few years.

growsince79

growsince79

I thought you agreed to disagree.

I said I never got to test the veg time results. You can joke all you want but I took my meds very seriously and tested many plants first few years.
You probably cut the little ones too soon. Because if you didn't they would be the exact same every time.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

You probably cut the little ones too soon. Because if you didn't they would be the exact same every time.

no. Keeping them green weeks longer than average also increases potency, complexity and yield.

I’m not going to agree with you. I tested this with a lot of plants and cuts long term. I wish I was happy growing the little plants I started with or better 12/12 from seed. It’s much easier.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Heres my plants in veg at 52 days from seed (start of veg ). The one front left will be my pick to take clones from to do a defoliation test.

All 4 will have the same dna to make a good test imo.

I veg until 30 to 48 inches tall
20210504 193206

growsince79

growsince79

no. Keeping them green weeks longer than average also increases potency, complexity and yield.

I’m not going to agree with you. I tested this with a lot of plants and cuts long term. I wish I was happy growing the little plants I started with or better 12/12 from seed. It’s much easier.
What is complexity. Please explain.

growsince79

growsince79

Heres my plants in veg at 52 days from seed (start of veg ). The one front left will be my pick to take clones from to do a defoliation test.

All 4 will have the same dna to make a good test imo.

I veg until 30 to 48 inches tallView attachment 1121325
Did you start a thread for show and tell? Smokedareefers defoliation side by side. I want to watch.

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

What is complexity. Please explain.

More interesting and balanced effects and higher perceived potency. For example a sativa leaning hybrid that feels light and heady with a short 3 week veg and 9.5 weeks flower time but the same pheno grown 8 weeks to alternating nodes and now flowers up to 12 weeks and has a good body buzz along with the heady high.

smokedareefer

smokedareefer

Did you start a thread for show and tell? Smokedareefers defoliation side by side. I want to watch.
Those 4 plants were my best of 8 from a pack of clementine/gmo cross.

I'll be taking clones from the front plant on the left to get a group of 4 girls from the same mother for a better test. Ie: the same DNA

Top Bottom