When is it time to move my 4x4 RW cubes to hydroton?

• Thread starter CoughingMan
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
C

CoughingMan

When is it time to move my 4x4 RW cubes to hydroton? And if I am using a bucket system how often should it cycle?

pimpin

pimpin

strain hoarder
Supporter
what are u doing vegn first or straight flower are ur clones well rooted ?

jadins_journey

jadins_journey

Supporter
When is it time to move my 4x4 RW cubes to hydroton? And if I am using a bucket system how often should it cycle?

first off your not going to find many hydroton users here or so it seems LOL. I love the stuff myself but we'll not go into that here.

I clone directly into 1.5" square RW cubes, set in hydroton. With what you have I would transfer into hydroton when there is enough root growth out of the bottom of the cube so it can be set on a bed hydroton with the system flooded so the rock wool is setting above the water line. Placing a 4 x 4 below the flood line drastically changes the flood schedule as the amount of water RW holds is huge.

So decide now, place above or below flood line. Above I flood often depending on root volumne ((4 -12) 15 minute cycles per light cycle), with that much RW below flood line maybe twice a day.

good luck,

jj

L

likeakite

Whenever the younguns are rooted you can put them in the 'big girls' system. Dont bury the rockwool deep, it holds a lot of water, while the hydroton dosent. We found that rockwool buried deep in hydroton can create some root rot issues in the summers heat.

If your bucket system is ebb/flo, you can run a cycle every few hrs. We flood every 4hrs, but have tried lots of different cycle times, and dont think there is much difference in the final yield if you run a cycle every 2hrs or every 6hrs. Good luck

C

CoughingMan

these are actually going to be in a waterfarm bucket system. how often should i water with a top feed system like that?

M

Magic beans

Bro water farms water continuesly, the air pump pushes water up the drip wand and keeps the nutes oxygenated. If root are comming out the bottom of the cube transplant them. If they show over feeding you could plug the air pump into a cycle timer, like 3on 5 off. If putting 4x4's in an ebb & flow bucket system put the cubes 3/4- 1" below the flood level with the majority of the cube above flood level. They will wick the perfect amount of water/nutes if not drowned under flood level. I personally like to keep the top of my cubes level with the hydroten level. Hygrozyme keeps algai and other problems at bay. Ebb & flow should be watered for 15 minuets 3 times lights on 1 time at the start of lights off adjusting to 4-5 times lights on twards the end. Watch the girls thell tell ya if they need more or less...

T

tdk

first off your not going to find many hydroton users here or so it seems LOL. I love the stuff myself but we'll not go into that here.

I clone directly into 1.5" square RW cubes, set in hydroton. With what you have I would transfer into hydroton when there is enough root growth out of the bottom of the cube so it can be set on a bed hydroton with the system flooded so the rock wool is setting above the water line. Placing a 4 x 4 below the flood line drastically changes the flood schedule as the amount of water RW holds is huge.

So decide now, place above or below flood line. Above I flood often depending on root volumne ((4 -12) 15 minute cycles per light cycle), with that much RW below flood line maybe twice a day.

good luck,

jj

i use to move the rockwool whenever the i started seeing spider web like roots poking through. i dont use rockwool and i recommend u kick that habit as well. make urself an aero cloner. its cheapo to build and works miracles!

Top Bottom