When is my metal halide ready to change ?

• Thread starter Rogrower
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None
Rogrower

Rogrower

Hi all just wondering if any can help me decide when to change my metal halide bulbs some of them look alot whiter than a new one which looks blue ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

It highly depends on bulb quality. Hortilux is very high quality and recommends mh to be changed at 6 months at 18/6 for best growth. I give a cheap mh bulb maybe 3 for best results.

for not the best results you can add months to this estimate. You may not even notice unless you are getting the most out of them.

Aqua Man

Aqua Man

It highly depends on bulb quality. Hortilux is very high quality and recommends mh to be changed at 6 months at 18/6 for best growth. I give a cheap mh bulb maybe 3 for best results.

for not the best results you can add months to this estimate. You may not even notice unless you are getting the most out of them.
đź‘Ť

Rogrower

Rogrower

Thanks for the raid replys ... Really think this forum in the bomb, best one I've used will be staying put

PipeCarver

PipeCarver

Supporter

Hey MiMed, I've never used a MH light through my grows, can you tell me why you use one and when you use it? Is it worth it to use both ?

MIMedGrower

MIMedGrower

Hey MiMed, I've never used a MH light through my grows, can you tell me why you use one and when you use it? Is it worth it to use both ?

I don’t use them anymore. I veg with fluorescents and flower with hps. When I had only a 4x4 tent I vegged with mh and switched to hps after stretch in 12/12. Kept plants short and bushy but very fast growth. I have used a 400 hortilux blue and a 600 but that is really an hps conversion bulb. Hps all the way through would give even faster growth but the plants will likely get taller and branchier too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom